MartyB(><}TA

Screen resolution gone crazy after DAYZ crash

Sorry if in wrong area but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this before bug reporting.

Effectively DAYZ crashed (as it does) today and after logging in the screen resolution is all messed up. It now thinks my resolution should be 800x600 and that 1200x..... is 200% of my screen resolution (its a 1920x1080 screen). Additionally it reset all my controls.

Ive tried updating drivers and restet comp few times but it just wont fix. 

Anyone else had this or fixed it?

Thanks

MartyB({><}TA

Sorry if in wrong area but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this before bug reporting.

Effectively DAYZ crashed (as it does) today and after logging in the screen resolution is all messed up. It now thinks my resolution should be 800x600 and that 1200x..... is 200% of my screen resolution (its a 1920x1080 screen). Additionally it reset all my controls.

Ive tried updating drivers and restet comp few times but it just wont fix. 

Anyone else had this or fixed it?

Thanks

MartyB({><}TA

I had this problem myself. You need to go into your DayZ.cfg file and change the resolution and the renderer pixels.

Typically the cfg file is found in C://Users/Username/My Documents/DayZ/Dayz.cfg

You want to change the Resolution_W= value to your width value (1920 in your case it sounds like), and your Resolution_H value to your height value (1080).

Then find the Render_W and Render_H values and do the same.

That fixed the problem for me.

Edit: I don't know whether or not you have to do it after you quit the game every time, as I've only booted the game up once after I had the problem, but the above method did fix it for me.

Edited by sloasdaylight

I experienced this problem as well. I fixed it by going into Configure>Video>User Interface Settings. Try resetting the resolution there.

• Like 1

I experienced this problem as well. I fixed it by going into Configure>Video>User Interface Settings. Try resetting the resolution there.

this is where I fixed it for mine - setting it back to default after the patch seems to give unfavorable results but its all fixable from the ingame menu.

Not entirely sure what happened.

Thanks for all your help guys / girls.

I edited the cfg but sadly didnt do anything. It looks like my drivers became corrupted or something as had to do full wipe and install. strange it only affected Dayz though.

Still thanks

Edited by MartyB(><}TA

Edit:

Didnt fix it. Still the same. WTF

You tried adjusting the User Interface settings?

• Like 1

Sorry - tard moment. I was still editing it in the video settings.

User interface sorted straight away.

Thank you for your help. 

MartyB{><}TA

Sorry - tard moment. I was still editing it in the video settings.

User interface sorted straight away.

Thank you for your help. 

MartyB{><}TA

No problem my friend

Any other known solutions to this problem? I have some friends with the same issue but none of the above helped.

After DayZ crash I had to change aspect ratio to fix the problem.

I've had this twice now and it's really annoying because I don't like the default key bindings and it resets all of the key mapping. Interface fixes the res for me though

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this.

I've crashed twice like this, my game froze and had to end it in task manager. Booted it back up and the resolution was auto'd to 1280x960 (or whatever). I heard a ping on my PC around 30 minutes prior so thought my Gfx card had died. After removing it and reseating it, still had the same issue.

I found that the user interface options (what is resolution doing in there as well?) fixed the problem more or less, it still seems stretched out despite the correct settings being used (joining a server, black border right around the whole background image).

Still resets all key bindings though which is a bit of a pain.

Any idea what causes this crash and how to prevent it from occuring again?

Having the same problem tryed everything still no fix really starting to shit me off.

Theres two resolution options, one for the menu and one for the game, set them to what they need to be and restart the game, your computer will figure the rest out. A friend of mine had the same problem, or set the one with the percentages to 100% then restart the game. 

Additionally you could try to set the game to windowed mode and then restarting, at some point your set up will update and give you the right settings.

Edited by Frozenjaws

fixed the problem more or less, it still seems stretched out despite the correct settings being used (joining a server, black border right around the whole background image).

I have this same exact issue. Menu text seems to be "stretched" just a tad bit. & I'm also experiencing the same issue with the black border around the green "DayZ" background image when joining a server. Not exactly game-breaking, just a bit of a nuisance. Everything else looks fine (i.e. field of view, resolution, textures, etc.)

This is common with crashing, 90% of the time I crash (leaving server or even just closing the game down) it'll say dayZ has stop responding and needs to close, upon relaunching the client my settings have been reset to default (including my resolution) then when I changed them all back to the way I like it, it'll ask me to restart DayZ which inturn puts me into an infinite loop of crashing and resetting my settings lol.

Oddly enough I had a crash last night, first in a long time that actually reset my PC display settings. It changed it from 1080p down to 1360x768. I caught it right away as it was obvious, but had I not it would have been hell trying to get my DayZ video setting straightened out if my PC wasnt even displaying at 1920x1080. 

So just in case, maybe check your PC Nvidia control panel and the Windows resolution display to see if they are set properly.

Hope that helps anyone who may come across this same issue..

"You want to change the Resolution_W= value to your width value (1920 in your case it sounds like), and your Resolution_H value to your height value (1080).

Then find the Render_W and Render_H values and do the same."

well i did this but it didn't help my problem. well i was changing my resolution and when i did change it my screen went black and now when ever i going in to dayz SA i can hear the game just i don't see the picture please help i need massive help thanks.

"You want to change the Resolution_W= value to your width value (1920 in your case it sounds like), and your Resolution_H value to your height value (1080).

Then find the Render_W and Render_H values and do the same."

well i did this but it didn't help my problem. well i was changing my resolution and when i did change it my screen went black and now when ever i going in to dayz SA i can hear the game just i don't see the picture please help i need massive help thanks.

Did you try to change these values while your game was running? That could have caused some issues. Make sure your game is closed and exited out of properly before you start toying around in your .cfg file.

Same problem, except no soloutions are working, and this happened to me after I raised my graphical settings... WTF DayZ, ik its alpha but still...

Edit: Changing the .cfg settings fixed it, but I had to close steam, close/reopen dayz a few times, and re edit/save my changes to the .cfg a few times...

Edited by Tumbleweed707