Sign in to follow this  
Elmyr

So I just gave some ramnom dude an AKM...

And honestly I don"t know how I should feel about this.  I picked it up in the barracks of the military base SE of the NWAF where I was headed next. I had an SKS on me with some ammo but I thought carry it for a little while just for the hell of it. After I make my way to the tents of NWAF and I happen to find a handguard and a scope for the AKM within the first 3 tents I search. After checking out most of the other tents I run into some dude telling me he's not looking for any trouble. Luckily he didn't shoot as I heard his voice before I seen where he was. I told him I was cool and backed off a little bit, Once he got comfortable he asked me if i knew if the AKM was added with the patch. 

I told him I actually have one on my back and asked if he wanted it. He of course said yes and asked  what he could give in return. I asked for some SKS ammo and he gave two full stripper clips and a box. As soon as he picked up the rifle ( or is it a carbine?) he was gone. I thought to myself "you're welcome". The whole interaction was rather quick, less than a minute. I gave this gun pretty much on impulse. I've read that mags and the other attachments are pretty hard to find so I thought It wasn't worth carrying it around as I was already pretty armed. 

So what do you guy's think? Am I pretty stupid or what?

• Like 4

Thanks. I would like to think so.

Edited by Elmyr

You'll find another one eventually. (If you want.) You did good and he wasn't an ass and didn't shoot you. He probably was very grateful, but too scared to show it! ;)

Yeah he was probably excited about the gun more than anything.

At the moment it is a completely awful gun right now. This new bug with the weapon swaying back and forth makes it the most inaccurate gun. I had just searched for it all day and after I had got it and tried to defend myself, it would swing all the way to the right off of my screen and wouldnt shoot anywhere that I was aiming.

SKS definitely the weapon of choice right now.

At the moment it is a completely awful gun right now. This new bug with the weapon swaying back and forth makes it the most inaccurate gun. I had just searched for it all day and after I had got it and tried to defend myself, it would swing all the way to the right off of my screen and wouldnt shoot anywhere that I was aiming.

SKS definitely the weapon of choice right now.

Wow I must be lucky then. I have the same problem but it's not as pronounced as others have stated. It was rally bad when first started the game after the patch. I spotted a deer and took me like 10 seconds to get a shot lined up, that was after I had been running for 5 minutes straight. I don't if that has anything to do with it. But I find that the issue is reduced if you inject morphine, (splints work too I've heard) and be healthy. It helps if you have bound the key to hold your breath if you havn't already done that.  

Actually, I didn't have that hard a time finding an AKM, the modified hand guard, new scope and a 75 and 30 rnd mags.  For me the real issue has been finding replacement ammo.  I have mountains of 51mm but I am having a hell of a time finding 39mm.  Thankfully I had a few boxes saved up before the patch, I assume everyone is just picking it up now because the AKM is the new hotness...

I threw a pimped out m4 in front of 4 freshys on Bambi Highway the other day, hillarity ensued :D

• Like 1