Sign in to follow this  
ThatSwoleGuy

What is the issue in this game with character location registration?

I can't figure out for anything what the issue is in this game with the clients monitoring where players are.

It seems like the game is in a constant state of synchronization with player characters hopping around like fucking neutrinos,

I've come back from a bit of a leave and I'd like to know if any steps are being taken to fix these issues? It makes PvP a bit of a luck game.

• Like 1

That's been a problem since the beginning and I think the main reason why it's still like that it's because of the big engine change (enfusion/infusion) , the new 64 bit server architecture and multiple core support.

Once we get that, we'll have an whole new set of problems, bugs and glitches. Instead of wasting time fixing things that will change anyway, they focus on their main/core elements. (While other parts of the team focus on new items, new animal and AI behavior, new animations, new locations, etc. Hence why we still get some new content from time to time while the main team do their work.)

(Just a guess based on info we get.)

Hmm, I understand the release process, I suppose it's just very disappointing keeping up with this game for so long and what could easily be the

no.1 worst issue is still yet to be fixed.

Uhmm I dunno, alpha maybe.

Look I don't expect you to know solely from my post but I've been around DayZ for a LONG long time with this account and a few others,

I certainly realize it's an alpha.

I would just figure with the immense amount of financial support the team has received that there should be larger steps towards solving these big issues, it's hard to even play

this build with the mindset of testing it because of this issue.

I know dude I didn't mean it like that. I was just trying to sarcastically show how very little I know of game development.  

• Like 1