cuartas

Q3 Starts on July, Q2 development balance?

I think everybody would be happier if road map was fullfilled 100%.

Sadly, as everybody knows, we do not live in perfect world and problems are to be expected.

Anyway Bohemia is here some 10 years, they are not WarZ-type scammers or anything.

Their games were always great, bit glitchy and buggy, but with tons of features and great modding support.

I expect DayZ SA to never be the most polished and unbuggy game. I expect it to be great game anyways, unique in many aspects and I will be happy if, maybe in 5 years or so, there will be sequel.

You didn't give an opinion, you whined.  Big difference

He didn't whine, he just stated how the roadmap features are late. You Alpha defenders are starting to get more annoying than the bug whiners!

• Like 4

So, they aren't exactly keeping up with their roadmap,

"aren't exactly"

Oh boy that's quite the understatement there buddy. 1 out of 7(mentioned by the OP) isn't "aren't exactly" it's "Nowhere near"

He didn't whine, he just stated how the roadmap features are late. You Alpha defenders are starting to get more annoying than the bug whiners!

Exactly.. OP is stating FACTS. At no point whatsoever did the OP ever whine or even hint at the fact that he was dissatisfied. All he did was mention and then ask for our thoughts.

Way to unnecessarily be a complete ass Caboose187..

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 7

I didn't realize untill checked roadmap again that Q2 will end in just 11 days!!

Looks like Q2 development balance is not good when you see that the only thing working according to their roadmap is "Protoype Animalist"

No "Ragdoll", no "AI Pathfinding", no "64-bit", no "Persistent Objects", no "Advanced Weather Effects" and no "World Containers" yet.

64-bit is being tested and worked on right now, the AI navmesh is being baked and tested right now. World containers are being tested internally right now. The only thing I have not heard any advancement on is persistent storage and rag-doll. They're not on the mark, but they're close enough.

• Like 1

Read the news. They are reworking the entire engine, rebuilding entire parts of the structure of how the engine works, just for this game. Its not the mod, its not reskinned ARMA. Its not an expansion

still looks like a duck to me ...so when was the engine reworked prior to the release or just recently when it was announced about infusion ?

They said at one point that 160 people work on dayz now. They cant all work on hats and pants. I think there is much going on but they wont reveal anything yet. 

I'd want to know your thoughts.

bacon.

• Like 1

still looks like a duck to me ...so when was the engine reworked prior to the release or just recently when it was announced about infusion ?

The engine has been undergoing core changes since day one...

First they rammed ToH (take on helicopters) engine together with some of the RV engine, Then incorporated a first for any bohimia game, the "network bubble". When the SA became such a big seller they realised they would have the funds to hire more staff and do much more. That's when all the pulling out of the renderer started for dx10/11. In the meantime they still implemented a physiscs system (cant remember the name). Now they have plans to implement the 64bit servers.

With so many changes happening they needed a name for this new engine....infusion was born.

So the roadmap changed, due to them having the funds to do more. That's naturally pushed back some game features like the ones mentioned in the OP :)

• Like 1

Exactly.. OP is stating FACTS. At no point whatsoever did the OP ever whine or even hint at the fact that he was dissatisfied. All he did was mention and then ask for our thoughts.

Yep, in some way I thought he was just trolling me.

So hicks anounced 0.46 yesterday and today:

Brian Hicks @Hicks_206

Today's experimental update will be version #'d 0.45, to ensure we can deploy the anticheat hotfix to stable if testing is clears.

Fortunately they care about this hacking problem.

And seems like they're trying to accomplish their statement of 1 update at the end of the month, remember that 0.45 belongs to may.

The idea to release 0.46 to exp from hicks yesterday confirms that (according to the plan of release any new update to exp 1 week before to stable at the end of the month).

Hoping that as the last update of Q2 they can check most of the things on the roadmap

I didn't realize untill checked roadmap again that Q2 will end in just 11 days!!

Looks like Q2 development balance is not good when you see that the only thing working according to their roadmap is "Protoype Animalist"

No "Ragdoll", no "AI Pathfinding", no "64-bit", no "Persistent Objects", no "Advanced Weather Effects" and no "World Containers" yet.

So, just 1 check in the list.

I know, roadmap it's an estimative, I had a long discussion with some users in steam forum, but damn, this is too far from what I expected.

I hope 0.46 brings a lot of things (a "BOOM" update as hicks called it)

dont know if it has been said yet (didnt want to read through everything) but this info is from the devs on reddit:

ragdoll is being tested on, 64 bit is almost finished, persistents objects are being tested on as well as world Containers, because the one has to do with the other one.

oh, and ai pathfinding got a big improvement in 0.45,

sorry that i cant give you the link, i cant find it in my browser history :(

i will post it if i find it again

• Like 1

So, just 1 check in the list.

I know, roadmap it's an estimative, I had a long discussion with some users in steam forum, but damn, this is too far from what I expected.

I hope 0.46 brings a lot of things (a "BOOM" update as hicks called it)

You forget the advanced stuff like cars or like picking something up or exit a building without being teleported back.

I think they spend about 2,5 years for something that can do less than the orginal with nearly the same graphics. And from that perpective they done a great job!

Edited by fiese_moep

dont know if it has been said yet (didnt want to read through everything) but this info is from the devs on reddit:

ragdoll is being tested on, 64 bit is almost finished, persistents objects are being tested on as well as world Containers, because the one has to do with the other one.

oh, and ai pathfinding got a big improvement in 0.45,

sorry that i cant give you the link, i cant find it in my browser history :(

i will post it if i find it again

That's interesting info, as far as I know, they have never mentioned ragdoll for a looong time.

Hope you find the link soon

That's interesting info, as far as I know, they have never mentioned ragdoll for a looong time.

Hope you find the link soon

found a file i created to write down the most important things, so my friends wouldnt have to read through a giant text, i think i will just copy it in here:

I guess the big news that we’ve been telling here at E3 is that we’re actually moving to a new engine. It is called infusion. So that is going to allow us to do DirectX 10 and 11. It is going to allow us to do dynamic lighting, which means no more flashlights going through walls, proper dynamic shadows, stuff like that. So it really kind of opens a lot of possibilities for us and I think it is going to allow us to deal will a lot of those issues.

64 Bit does really necessary help us with performance. It opens the doors for once we deal with the performance issues we can then triple the number of loot spawns, triple the number of zombies and animals.

The AI pathfinding has been written. We’re using an open source solution, navmesh along with …detour. It’s a very, very smart open source solution that’s been developed. I think the guy who is developing that now works for Star Citizen, so he’s pretty good. That is actually done. What we need to do now is writing the routines that allow the zombies to use that navmesh system. We’re also wring in that their navmesh system…so that dynamic objects like other players, zombies, and physics can actually be included in that navmesh.

We’ve been looking at doing doors in DayZ and how we implement them. I think probably Project Zomboid has a really good implementation of doors and windows. So the Zombies will path through door and the window, but they will sort of pile up around the door and bang at the door until it breaks. We are looking at how we work in lockable door and lockable containers as well.

Persistent items has been something we have been prototyping. We’ve prototyped the a couple of times and tested them on the experimental severs. That will continue. It is something that we have tentatively planned for the end of June update, but we just need to see how we go with the current bugs with the current build that we have.

Drugs are still planned. Same with Alcohol.

I think barricading is going to add a massive amount to the game. So that’s something that I really want to see come through.

Traps are planned pretty much in line with what we have got with the mod.

Edit:

made the cool things bold, italic and underlined,

Edited by rotteck

"aren't exactly"

Oh boy that's quite the understatement there buddy. 1 out of 7(mentioned by the OP) isn't "aren't exactly" it's "Nowhere near"

First off, the roadmap says those 7 features IN Q2 meaning that over the period of Q2 there will be those features. *facepalm* Second, OP did in fact whine, but only after other people started posting.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

You didn't give an opinion, you whined.  Big difference

No, he criticized. Big difference. But I guess we are not allowed to criticize the development of the game because this is an alpha.

Roadmap is not set in stone. It's a rough estimate.

That doesn't matter though. This community is inflated with impatienct and reactionary idiots.

• Like 1

I gave up on playing this game, until there is actually something to do, eg working persistent objects, vehicles etc etc.

Edited by So Sexy

First off, the roadmap says those 7 features IN Q2 meaning that over the period of Q2 there will be those features. *facepalm*

facepalming at yourself or the dev team?

cus that only backs the point up even more that they are NOWHERE NEAR having achieved any of that IN Q2 which is about to end. 

069.jpg

Second, OP did in fact whine, but only after other people started posting.

Irrelevant. We're pointing out that he didn't in his initial post(very first in this thread) because Caboose and some were accusing him of whining in said OP(post, not poster), which he didn't.
Edited by Chompster

facepalming at yourself or the dev team?

cus that only backs the point up even more that they are NOWHERE NEAR having achieved any of that IN Q2 which is about to end. 

069.jpg

Irrelevant. We're pointing out that he didn't in his initial post (very first in this thread) because Caboose and some were accusing him of whining in said OP(post, not poster), which he didn't.

Because a roadmap is a totally set in stone guide to what's coming in the future? GOOD ONE. Sure, know how things (development timelines) work out, huh? *Sigh* Might wanna google how those work.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

No, he criticized. Big difference. But I guess we are not allowed to criticize the development of the game because this is an alpha.

criticism involves something constructive or non constructive which the OP didn't do so yes, it's a whiny rant.

criticism involves something constructive or non constructive which the OP didn't do so yes, it's a whiny rant.

If he didn't says something constructive it will according to your logic still be criticism so why you call it a whiny rant I don't know. And no it's not a whiny rant it's the truth and the truth hurts i guess.

If he didn't says something constructive it will according to your logic still be criticism so why you call it a whiny rant I don't know. And no it's not a whiny rant it's the truth and the truth hurts i guess.

Truth?? Lmao.  here is some truth which you and the OP can't seem to handle.

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Truth?? Lmao.  here is some truth which you and the OP can't seem to handle.

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

You actually enjoy being a complete dick don't you? To each its own I guess

• Like 3