Jiggly Ritz

New Update, and Stuck Again

So first off, before you all scream alpha in my face I just want to let you know that I understand that this game is under development, and these types of problems are to be expected. Please don't take this as a rant, because it isn't.

With that out of the way, here is my dilemma. I had stopped playing Dayz for a while in order to wait for the new patch. When it finally came out I decided "hey cool, new patch, guess I'll play it". However, when I entered the game I was greeted with a familiar problem that, at this point, was getting VERY frustrating. When I logged into my favorited server, I was greeted with my character stuck under a building AGAIN. Then I had a thought: "well, it is a new update, perhaps they have added the ability to respawn your character". So, I opened the game menu, and low and behold: the option to respawn was STILL grayed out.

Any Ideas as to why they still have not fixed this? It was to my understanding that they have gotten numerous reports of this problem, so why have they still not addressed it? It seems like a simple enough addition.

IDK, anyway guys sorry for the long post, I just wanted to see if others are still having this issue, and if anyone has any solutions.

allot of servers arent connecting to the hive, so try others and you'll be a fresh spawn

Stuck under a building when logging for the first time in a log time after having had that problem for a long time? It seems the "stuck under a building" problem is probably carried over from your last session. And yes, the lack of a suicide option is a bit of a pain.

But depending on which building you are stuck in, there are actually several guides around how to get out of certain locked rooms and so forth, you can try and search the forums for that.

However if all else fail you may have to die of thirst, before you can start over and try the game anew, most likely without the "stuck under a building problem".

Edited by BadAsh

I feel your pain... I am stuck in the knee high water... I have tried everything and submitted a bug report with my steam id....  so for the time being I can not play hardcore as this is the character stuck.

I even fired my gun off hoping zombies would come kill me.... alas.... I am full energy and hydration..... sigh

Well, for the first time ever my server isn't connected to the hive and I have finally got that, "Your character cannot be loaded and has been reset".  Meh, oh well.