Cam Bull

My DayZ is pixelated, Help!

Hello Everyone, 

Im trying to work out why my dayZ is all pixelated. I cant read the text because its blurry, so I was wondering if anyone could help me on this. 

I would be amazed if anyone can work this out.

Download the picture to see what I mean

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 1

I've got the same problem. The game crashed and on restart I was only offered resolutions up to 1280x960, I've tried all manner of setting within the graphics config tab and still not getting the correct resolution choice.

I've even deleted and reinstalled the game to no effect. I'm going to poke around in the DayZ directory to see if I can find any irregularities.

Skum

same problem for me, dayz crashed. now i can only choose between low resolutions with a maximum of 1280 x 960.....   unplayable. need help!! :/

I had the same issue when changing video setting whilst playing. It went to something like 980x600, looked like Doom95!

If you have an Nvidia card, use Geforce Experience to optimise settings and it went back ok.

Then I was able to change video setting after the splash screen and game ran ok.

• Like 1

Well Guys I don"t really need you posting that you have the same problem I just want to know how to fix it

Go to documents/DayZ/

Open DayZ.cfg with notepad and find these lines: (these are my settings according to my monitor's resolution.)

and change the values marked in bold according to your display's resolution

Resolution_W=1366;
Resolution_H=768;
winX=16;
winY=32;
winW=1366;
winH=768;
winDefW=1366;
winDefH=768;
refresh=60;
Render_W=1366;
Render_H=768;

See if that works out for you, I'll have to play like this until they fix this issue...
Edited by SpoofMasters01
  • Like 1

I tried the work around and it had no noticeable change.

Everything is still blurry and mostly impossible to play.... hope a hotfix is on the way

Ok, I have the same problem, but all anyone is saying on here is that they have the same problem. No one is putting any kind of solution. It would be appreciated if anyone who has a solution on this sort of problem to help. I have looked everywhere to no avail, on how to fix this. I just got the game and this is happening. It is very frustrating.

I think the consensuses I have gathered is no one has a fix for it.... its an alpha bug that the developers need to address.

Make sure your aspect ratio is set to 16:9, and not 4:3.

1920x1080  Higher resolutions don't show up under 4:3 aspect ratio, I think the highest I get with 4:3 selected is 1280x960 too. Selecting 16:9 should open up all resolutions up to 1920x1080 (possibly higher but my monitor doesn't support).

Edited by zeeabo
  • Like 7

Zeeabo you are correct!!  Beans to you!

Edited by muzzlehead

Thanks for the beans, nom nom nom.

I suggest maybe edit the answer into the OP, as there seem to be quite a few people with the same problem that might not bother reading this far down ;)

• Like 1

Ok Everyone Look at Zeeabo post He explains how to fix the problem 

So many thanks to Zeeabo for his work and helping everyone 

And a message to everyone give your beans to Zeeabo with out him we would not be playin DayZ

So Thx Zeeabo

• Like 1

guys. all you need to do is to activate it as windowed and it works normaly, at least it does for me

Make sure your aspect ratio is set to 16:9, and not 4:3.

1920x1080  Higher resolutions don't show up under 4:3 aspect ratio, I think the highest I get with 4:3 selected is 1280x960 too. Selecting 16:9 should open up all resolutions up to 1920x1080 (possibly higher but my monitor doesn't support).

so were is your Aspect ratio???

so were is your Aspect ratio???

in Video settings -> User Interface
  • Like 2

Hey guys, I have the same problem. I changed the numbers in the DayZ.cfg and that didn't work. I also tried all the aspect ratios and none of them helped. It works in windowed mode and I am on a laptop. Could that make a difference? Please help!

Hey guys, I have the same problem. I changed the numbers in the DayZ.cfg and that didn't work. I also tried all the aspect ratios and none of them helped. It works in windowed mode and I am on a laptop. Could that make a difference? Please help!

I'm having the same problem on desktop, and tried all of the above