Sign in to follow this  
Mystic Bagel

Murderer Status

So here is something I think could help balance the rising murder rate in DayZ SA

Lets assume that whomever inflicts damage on another player first and lives, is considered a murderer.

Lets assess a penalty for being a murderer, in increments, and carries through death.

1 murder = no penalty

2-3 murders = Zeds are attracted to your presence and lock-on leaving all neutral players alone.

4-5 murders = Zeds range of attraction increases, drawing them from a wider radius resulting in greater numbers

6+ murders = unable to equip firearms

Murderers can reduce their murder count by 1 every 24hrs by visiting a church/shrine and praying (sitting still for a set timed count down)

Heroes/Non Murderers could hunt/kill murderers with impunity.

I guess the only problem would be how to identify the Murderers.......I mean aside from the every increasing stream of Zeds chasing after them.

Any arguments for or against?

4E6aYvb.png

This would never happen.  The reason KoS is so rampant is because after you gear up in about 30 seconds, there is nothing left to do cept kill people.  Once vehicles and bases are implemented, people will start focusing on that rather than killing off everyone.

• Like 4

My argument is Zeds already draw on you from ungodly distances and for no good reason.   I feel they should continue to stabilize the Zeds before messing with their coding for something like this.

I for one am saving all my ideas for a later and much anticipated BETA, they have enough shit on their plates to worry about in terms of the base of this game.  Lets not give them more shit to distract them with.

All in all if it was doable i think this idea could be somewhat decent....Would depend of course on engagements and what not.  But if im fired apon and have to kill the poor bastard i dont think i should be deemed a murderer as i was just in self defense.  It is a very long and scary web of coding to code in a **Self defense** ticker if you will.  You have PvE elements that put you in combat along with many other outside PvP elements that could put you in combat!!

Not the easiest and IMHO would take up to much time to get right.  I just want a stable sandbox to play with my toys in, no one wants a muddy box to play with their new toys ;)

Happy Hunting!!

So here is something I think could help balance the rising murder rate in DayZ SA

Lets assume that whomever inflicts damage on another player first and lives, is considered a murderer.

Lets assess a penalty for being a murderer, in increments, and carries through death.

1 murder = no penalty

2-3 murders = Zeds are attracted to your presence and lock-on leaving all neutral players alone.

4-5 murders = Zeds range of attraction increases, drawing them from a wider radius resulting in greater numbers

Murderers can reduce their murder count by 1 every 24hrs by visiting a church/shrine and praying (sitting still for a set timed count down)

Heroes/Non Murderers could hunt/kill murderers with impunity.

I guess the only problem would be how to identify the Murderers.......I mean aside from the every increasing stream of Zeds chasing after them.

Any arguments for or against?

Not for or against, but...

WHY?

Why do you believe DayZ would benefit from such feature?

I would be OK with making gunshots attract zeds, but not people b/c one makes sense and the other has no basis in logic (i killed a guy, so why are the zeds attracted to me now more than other people?).  In fact, I think gunshots should not only attract zeds, it should spawn them (from very far away, running towards you, more for each shot) because it will attract 'dormant' zombies.  It might even be fun to do... get on a building, shoot, enjoy incoming stream of zombie target practice.

• Murder 1 person = No penalty

Murder 2 people = 15% Damage Penalty on all weapons & attacks

Murder 3 people = Zeds are attracted to you within a small vicinity with priority over other players

Murder 4 people = Zeds have 25% damage resistance to you and are attracted within a larger radius

Murder 5 people = Zeds will now begin spawning nearby and chasing after you

Murder 6 people = Zeds will be nearly immune to all of your attacks, and spawn in increasing numbers

Murder 7 people = A bright red glow that can be seen across the map is shown, and your active location is given to all players. You die in one hit.

Murder 8 people = Helicopter gunships and fighter jets with napalm begin spawning and chasing after you, doing everything they can to kill you.

Murder 9 people = All of the previous effects will now permanently affect your character, even after you respawn.

Murder 10 people = You are temporarily banned from all servers

Murder 11 people = A hitman is sent to your home and kills you, you cruel pixel-murdering monster!

• Like 9

My argument is Zeds already draw on you from ungodly distances and for no good reason.

That's because your 4+ murders!!!!!!!! :lol:

1 murder = no penalty

:huh:  Do you hang out in the open often?

Without Bandits or KOS there is nothing for hero to do. Killing zombies only would just get boring fast.

Firstly, this isn't anything I would hope to see the dev's working towards in place of any of the many other fixes and improvements.

Not for or against, but...

WHY?

Why do you believe DayZ would benefit from such feature?

The "Why" of it is simply to give some sort of penalty to serial killers to slow it down a notch or 2. 

Do I kill this guy for the water he might have? Or ask for it? Is it worth the murder count? If I'm already at x murders, do I really want to clip over into the next level OR should I chill for a couple days with the murder spree and get my counts down?  I think it would encourage people to at least think for a SECOND whether or not to use KoS as the default. 

• Murder 1 person = No penalty
  • Murder 2 people = 15% Damage Penalty on all weapons & attacks
  • Murder 3 people = Zeds are attracted to you within a small vicinity with priority over other players
  • Murder 4 people = Zeds have 25% damage resistance to you and are attracted within a larger radius
  • Murder 5 people = Zeds will now begin spawning nearby and chasing after you
  • Murder 6 people = Zeds will be nearly immune to all of your attacks, and spawn in increasing numbers
  • Murder 7 people = A bright red glow that can be seen across the map is shown, and your active location is given to all players. You die in one hit.
  • Murder 8 people = Helicopter gunships and fighter jets with napalm begin spawning and chasing after you, doing everything they can to kill you.
  • Murder 9 people = All of the previous effects will now permanently affect your character, even after you respawn.
  • Murder 10 people = You are temporarily banned from all servers
  • Murder 11 people = A hitman is sent to your home and kills you, you cruel pixel-murdering monster!

I know my example needed some tweaking, thanks Chaingunfighter....I think you NAILED it!!!!  :lol:

:huh:  Do you hang out in the open often?
Without Bandits or KOS there is nothing for hero to do. Killing zombies only would just get boring fast.

I absolutely do NOT want to nerf PvP, Bandits, OR KoS, was just wanting to look at the plausibility of a system to add risk to the reward.

Thanks though everyone, for not tying me to a stake and burning me alive.........although...........that would be freakin AWESOME.....in game  :| 

Edited by Mystic Bagel

Ya, I don't think any of this will be added, Although, bet that Hitman and I could become best friends :P

As others have stated, there is nothing else to do, so, the sad assholes with no life will KOS, the wannabee do gooders will be heroes, and the faggot artists will be Bandits.

I've also noticed language barriers don't help the mentality, but nothing you can do there.

I feel like the only possible why to not be a KOS victim is to A: dont be seen   B: Find a good group to join 

Did you get killed fag? Lel stop crying.

LMAO, what's a fag?

Brilliant statement though...I see you spent every penny that was set aside for your education.

I've been killed plenty of times and have zero issues with it.

Crying? Only because of the system that has failed you....

Edited by Mystic Bagel
  • Like 1

Until there is a good reason to interact with people, logically speaking KoS is the safest way to go.

Here's my logic

When you see a person you have 2 basic options:

1. Letting them live: no benefit (currently)

2. Killing them: instant gear and guaranteed safety for you and your party

What's hilarious to me is that any suggestion to try to add value to players' lives or to try to get players to interact more gets flamed to death on here as 'enforcing play styles' or 'too much like an RPG.' To me, this game is an RPG with survival elements... I'd love to see people get pushed into behaving more like real people in game and less like the crazy KoS monsters that we are currently encouraged to become.

Here's my most recent suggestion to help increase player interactions:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/200031-suggestion-robberies-and-allies/

Edited by Rigor Mortis
  • Like 1

LMAO, what's a fag?

Brilliant statement though...I see you spent every penny that was set aside for your education.

I've been killed plenty of times and have zero issues with it.

Crying? Only because of the system that has failed you....

Just as a friendly informative post here - it's best to just not respond to ridiculous comments like the one from Anox.  Fueling an argument on here just wastes everyone's time and detracts from the topic at hand.  Usually I wouldn't even take the time to write this, but your question of "what's a fag" made me click respond....

I don't know where you're from, but a 'fag' in the American vernacular is a slur for a homosexual man.  There are still many people in our country who are ignorant bigots, and sadly it often gets rubbed off onto our children.

Just as a friendly informative post here - it's best to just not respond to ridiculous comments like the one from Anox.  Fueling an argument on here just wastes everyone's time and detracts from the topic at hand.  Usually I wouldn't even take the time to write this, but your question of "what's a fag" made me click respond....

I don't know where you're from, but a 'fag' in the American vernacular is a slur for a homosexual man.  There are still many people in our country who are ignorant bigots, and sadly it often gets rubbed off onto our children.

I have to agree with you Rigor, I should avoid acknowledging Trolls, but I couldn't resist the urge to encourage him to elaborate on his statement.

Really, I should have contributed to the posting you mention above as mine is redundant.

So as far as I'm concerned this post has concluded.

@OP

OK, so what you are saying in a nutshell is the following

SpikeR, you have purchased this game but now i want to punish you for playing the game the way you do. I want to make it so you wont even bother playing anymore and then the rest of us can live in peace and harmony.

Sorry, but i dont agree one bit. PvP has and will ALWAYS be part of DayZ ( be it the mod of SA). Its tears like yours that make me keep killing. Your whole post is just full of bias it is unreal

6+ murders and you cant equip a firearm

Heros/None Murderer's can kill Murderers with impunity

WTAF!

So, basicly you want to be able to kill bandits with ease while leaving them  no way to defend themselves? 

YEAHHH OK.

ooooh, them carebears.

i want to hug them and give them a bath

of napalm

this. is literally the WORST idea i have ever heard. in my life. NO!

I DONT LIKE HOW EVERYONE IS PLAYING THE GAME SO I WANT TO CHANGE TO HOW I WANT TO PLAY IT. 

I absolutely do NOT want to nerf PvP, Bandits, OR KoS, was just wanting to look at the plausibility of a system to add risk to the reward.

There is already a risk to the reward. If you miss the shot and your target turns around and shoots you, you die. It's much more realistic that way, IRL you're not going to forget how a gun works just because you used it to kill 6 people. This game is going for realism, not arcade CoD killstreak bullshit.

im 100% against this suggestion, for obvious reasons.

There is no need for such a system - KoS will get less common as soon as we have more players per server.

(Which is still planned afaik)