Does nobody actually realize that in-game, the season is Autumn, probably mid-to-later of the season? I am basing this off the fact that you can see your breath during the DAY.

This has ENORMOUS implications for pretty much the entire gameplay system.

Fresh fruit will be limited to apples (which you can totally pick from an orchard, awesome)

Crops would have to be picked SOON, like pumpkins, potatoes, corn, etc. The time for tomatoes and peppers has already passed. Limiting the food supply.

Animals will be breeding, and in a matter of weeks, becoming non-worthwhile to hunt, due to degradation from winter conditions.

But, the most important thing is TEMPERATURE and WEATHER. 

As established, it is probably at least the middle of the Autumn season, based on the plant conditions, weather, and physical cues. It is cold enough during the day to see you breath, what temperature do you think it is outside? How cold do you think it gets during the night? Where I am from, the end of October (which is still the beginning of Autumn) it gets COLD AS HELL once the sun goes down. 

How would you survive running around with no clothes on ( I am looking at YOU, you pants less bastards)? You probably wouldn't. There is no shelterbuilding, no blankets, you can build a fire, yes, but that in and of itself will not keep your naked self alive through a 35 degree night in the open.

I just want goddamned hypothermia

• Like 2

I think your looking too much into it.

Is this not supposed to be a survival game, or, at the very least, have some aspects of survival? 

If so, the season, temperature, climate, and the effects on the environment all have a major part to play in survival.

But, the most important thing is TEMPERATURE and WEATHER. 

I hope that when time pass by that they will implement cold temps as something we have to take measures against,, e.g that especially in nightime we would have to use campfires to keep warm or heatpacks or risk freezing to death. My favorite map in the mod was Namalsk(mod of the mod) where tempratures was something to always worry about and campfires and heatpacks was essential for survival....Namalsk was a true survivor mod, it was hard as hell, especially those servers that had eartquakes and bloodsuckers, teaming up was almost essential to avoid certain death....Namalsk at night still scares the shit outta me with it's creepy athmospere and bloodsuckers....(not those 'softcore' Namalsk servers, but the extreme ones)

Edited by Kaboki

hello there

worry not.

As the game progresses I think you'll see hypothermia etc implemented. Give it time. Some parts are in game so all the indicators are there that it'll happen.

Rgds

LoK

I kind of hope that in the long run the game will match the current season, with various effects. The moon cycles are supposed to based off real, current data, aren't they?

In any case, I don't think that the seasonal 'setting' of the game really matters much this early in development. If it's going to be permanently the same time of year, then maybe you have a point, though. I would hope it's not the case, though.

I have to revitalize this post.

I would love to see temperature having an effect on gameplay, and I'm sure we will eventually see that. It gets me excited when I think about seeing a dayz map that has snow on it, seeing footprints of players, starting fires to cook and stay warm, and seeing warnings come up "my hands are schivering."

I see this as being one of the last things being implemented, and the snow, most likely won't happen for a very long time.

Edited by yocheco619

I never have said this,but even tho everyone wants vehicles, i genuinely want the weather,temperature and disease systems.The dream.

• Like 3

I think your looking too much into it.

I hate people like this. Stop being so ignorant.

I never have said this,but even tho everyone wants vehicles, i genuinely want the weather,temperature and disease systems.The dream.

First time giving beans, Eat Up!

I would love vehicles too. but I must admit that those things are very important for immersion sake to me. I would probably stop lone wolfing 90% of the time, and thats a good thing.