P3Nn

I'm back! Did you miss me?/New Engine news!

Welcome back! Things are moving pretty fast lately indeed,they are even giving name to things! We are all very much excited for it!

I never heard of you so I never miss you and now I read the posts you make you are probly a troll so I will not miss you in the future when you get another ban from the mods

Wow,this is like super rude man. I hope you are the one getting permabanned to the depths of the internet.

• Like 1

Welcome back! Things are moving pretty fast lately indeed,they are even giving name to things! We are all very much excited for it!

Wow,this is like super rude man. I hope you are the one getting permabanned to the depths of the internet.

Cheers man!

Indeed it's the sort of bigotry that comes from an undeveloped brain of a 10 year old or a Daily Mail reader..

Who are both just as bad as each other really.

It may not be a new entire engine but i am also indeed looking forward to progression and change!

Who doesn't like change besides bigots!?

Edited by P3Nn

And the whole "new engine" isnt actually news.

We have known they wanted to create a custom engine for this game ever since it was announced last year.

Thats why they have been using bits a pieces from Arma II and III, to create what they wanted, along with new code.

Not news at all, but they are simply putting a name on it now, Enfusion.

So we wont see an "engine switch", we wont see a complete export and import of assests to a completely different engine.

What we get is what we have now, plus 1-2 years of further development.

Rocket should really have thought this through before he used the hype words "new engine", or perhaps he wanted this commotion all along? who knows...

I never heard any announcements prior to this besides people like myself complaining that the game needs a new engine.

I'm not saying you're wrong i'd just be interested to know when/where they announced it?

You're right saying a statement like:

Rocket: It is a complete rip out of everything, but we’re definitely leveraging existing tech. So if you look at Bohemia as a studio they actually acquired a great number of other studios, so really were kind of looking around and taking up tech that is available there and mixing it into the engine, rewriting new stuff from scratch that we want to do as well.

That's essentially making false promises when the question was:

Q: With the new engine is it based on your current tech or is it a complete rip out of everything and rewriting it?

Oh well at least we have DayZ:SA which is an awesome game to play until the inevitable happens and a newer, better game of this genre comes along running on a new coded engine that VR/Infusion can't keep up with.

Edited by P3Nn

If the discussion about the engine will continue, I will lock this thread, as there's an existing one already, there's no point in splitting the discussion in different topics.

Okay no probs

I never heard any announcements prior to this besides people like myself complaining that the game needs a new engine.

Well the entire reason to create a standalone game, was to overcome the limitations of the RV engine in Arma, thus creating a new engine specificly for this purpose :)

That was always the plan, but i think with the giant sale they had in early acces, they realise now that they can create much more then they ever thought possible.

Thats basicly why they called it the "Arma 2.5 engine" in the beginning.

But let get back on topic, so Kic doesnt lock up this thread :)

Hopefully we will get a major stabile update tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

It should include almost all the stuff we see on experimental right now, so that is very exciting hehe.

But you havent really missed much, as far as stabile updates goes, its been a loooooong time since the last update hehe.

rocket doesnt use buzzwords like "infusion"

No, he uses the word Enfusion ;)

• Like 1

Well the entire reason to create a standalone game, was to overcome the limitations of the RV engine in Arma, thus creating a new engine specificly for this purpose :)

That was always the plan, but i think with the giant sale they had in early acces, they realise now that they can create much more then they ever thought possible.

Thats basicly why they called it the "Arma 2.5 engine" in the beginning.

But let get back on topic, so Kic doesnt lock up this thread :)

Hopefully we will get a major stabile update tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

It should include almost all the stuff we see on experimental right now, so that is very exciting hehe.

But you havent really missed much, as far as stabile updates goes, its been a loooooong time since the last update hehe.

No, he uses the word Enfusion ;)

"Posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM"

I have no further comment

Edited by P3Nn
  • Like 1

Ah right i see. It'll be interesting to see how far they can push the engine!

There is only so much that you can do with a legacy engine though but hey i still play GMOD and that's running on the source engine which must be getting on 10+ years old.

It's been a while since I've played so i need to look at the previous update blogs let alone the forthcoming one! :)