Glenn4Z

where is everyone in the game?

I been moving from areas to areas, and I could not find a single person to talk to nor some zombies to kill, and this is in a 40/40 server. what is everyone objective is in this game? just going airfield, and military base? as far as I could nothing but trees and more trees swaying in the wind. at least in dayz mod I encounter a lot more actions and player encounter. what servers do you guys play that is active? I use the servers from dayz standalone, does dayz commander has a different list of servers?

Yes, and yet some people say that 40/40 is already too much people...  <_<

I move around the NWAF and center region and barely find anybody. Sometimes I don't know whether I'm playing a SP or MP game. I miss the 100/100 servers where I could find a couple of guys every few hours. That said, I only encounter people when I respawn in Berezino or the other city in the north...

You must just be really 'unlucky' if you don't meet people on a full server, my expirience says people can be everywhere, and I often meet them where I least expect it even on servers with only 10-15 players...Also, it could be that there is alot of lone wolfes that are infact observing you, without your knowledge, because alot of people try to avoid contact because it often ends up in a firefight..

The zombies, yes they are pretty rare....especially on populated servers

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1

I often meet them where I least expect it even on servers with only 10-15 players...

Why hellow ther  Mr.NW-Airfield guy... (you are playing around the hotspots)

Go to Zelenogorsk, you wont see anyone.

Edited by Wh1spY

Why hellow ther  Mr.NW-Airfield guy... (you are playing around the hotspots)

Go to Zelenogorsk, you wont see anyone.

I never go to airfields ever and avoid hotspots like the plague(don't need an m4 or mosin to survive and camo gear is easy to find even in small villages far north), I tend too keep for myself and avoid to much contact if Im playing alone and not with friends. Im out in the woods in the middle of fucking nowhere, but still, I meet people, all the time, even when there's only 10-15 people. I often just observe them without letting them know im there and let them pass by:). What part of 'where I least expect them' didn't you understand? When I said that I wasn't talking about hotspots obviously... I have seen alot of people in Zelenogorsk, many times, infact I have come across people all over the map...Even as far up north as Grosovoy Pass....

Instead of running like crazy, take time to walk, use your eyes, stop and observe your surroundings, and you WILL see people....

Edited by Kaboki

NE Airfield, there's always someone, even in servers with 3 people.

Yup, that would be server hoppers looting up for a new KOS fest(in servers with 3 people offcourse)

Berezino/svetlo/NEAF

Use the search function c:

/thread

This, pretty much.^^

In a 40/40 server you can almost guarantee that 30 are spread between Berezino, Krastinav and Svetlo.

I avoid areas like those, if I wanted a sandbox game I would buy a sandbox game, I dont want to go to airfield or military base just to get some action.

This, pretty much.^^

In a 40/40 server you can almost guarantee that 30 are spread between Berezino, Krastinav and Svetlo.

thanks, I will try to pinpoint it on my map, hopefully I get to meet some friendly players

thanks, I will try to pinpoint it on my map, hopefully I get to meet some friendly players

It's worth a try, but most of the NE coastal guys are the deathmatch/KoS players. You'll usually have more luck with the other 10 that are just surviving in the other areas of the map.

i am at chernogorsk with all of my chars (stable regular, hardcore, experimental reg and hc; fully equipped).

i patrol the City when i am online! sending out walkie talkie Transmissions every 5-15 minutes, go fish some, some bonfire, some grilling and LOTS OF PARANOIA!

It's worth a try, but most of the NE coastal guys are the deathmatch/KoS players. You'll usually have more luck with the other 10 that are just surviving in the other areas of the map.

Hahaha, so true, but I wouldn't trust those other 10 guys to much either, been killed by them often too, that's why I avoid contact as much as I can and only observe them from a safe distance. I only trust real life friends in this game.

i patrol the City when i am online! sending out walkie talkie Transmissions every 5-15 minutes, go fish some, some bonfire, some grilling and LOTS OF PARANOIA!

Could anyone confirm wether the walkie talkies work at all? I have 2 walkies on my stable char. They are always turned on when I play, 1 on the default freq and the other on the second freq. I have been calling out on full servers, listened everytime I play, I have never ever heard anyone talk or got an answer to my calls. Im starting to think that they doesn't work... :(

One time I even broadcasted number station streams for 8 hours on a full server, but I never know if anybody picked it up...

Edited by Kaboki

I was on a server with only one more player.
And we ran into eachother on the NEAF.
So, now you know how to meet new friends. ;)

Edited by TonyMahony

me and machete master are in the airport we hiding on the bush sometime we going for drink water in the pond and sometime we going to the towns for food but the airport is where we live 90%

• Like 1

i live in the barn North west of chernogorsk! i got 2 neighbours! one is living in the piano house and the other one lives right next to me in the red brick bar/house!

we are very lonely there, therefore transmitting a walkie taliei Signal every 5-15 minutes! but ist ok! we have our fun fishing fish and rubberbanding to death from the facility!

there is 1 house left in our nice Little village (ist this bright Wood house, where u find ammo and so on! right next to our village is also a well. so u dont have to starve if you join our Little Group of lovely survivors! but dont be a kos scum! we gotta kill you then! and you wont get Food from us!

this place is so Boss.

5 minutes to balota tents

5 minutes to firestation

10 miinutes to Police Station

5 minutes to Chapaevsk North of balota!

5 minutes walk for fishing some fish

Hahaha, so true, but I wouldn't trust those other 10 guys to much either, been killed by them often too, that's why I avoid contact as much as I can and only observe them from a safe distance. I only trust real life friends in this game.

Could anyone confirm wether the walkie talkies work at all? I have 2 walkies on my stable char. They are always turned on when I play, 1 on the default freq and the other on the second freq. I have been calling out on full servers, listened everytime I play, I have never ever heard anyone talk or got an answer to my calls. Im starting to think that they doesn't work... :(

One time I even broadcasted number station streams for 8 hours on a full server, but I never know if anybody picked it up...

i can confirm! THEY WORK

was Camping elektro some time agoe and was pretending to be the firestation ghost with my walkie talkie turned on and put there! FUN TIMES!!!

but i never got in cantact with anyone!

i can confirm! THEY WORK

was Camping elektro some time agoe and was pretending to be the firestation ghost with my walkie talkie turned on and put there! FUN TIMES!!!

but i never got in cantact with anyone!

How did you test this, did you drop it there and talked to it with another one and heard your own voice coming from the one you dropped or somthing?

u Need 2 walkie talkies and 2 batteries to test this!

put the batteries in

turn them on on your preferred frequency (both has to be the same frequncy)

put 1 on the ground anywhere in firestation (but hidden, ghosts are hidden^^)

run away 600-800 meter

scope the firestation

wait for someone to pass by

turn on walkie talkie u have left, if someone Comes

scream in direct "BOHOOOOO . I AM THE FIRESTATION GHOST! YOU ARE DOOMED NOW!"

dude can write and talk in direct and signals will be transmitted to the walkie talkie which u got with u!

also walkie talkie also transmits direct of Players around you. and also Players around you can hear what is comeing from the walkie talkie!

SEEN ?!

Edited by brumey
  • Like 1

I've played every night for a week now on the fullest servers I could find. So far I've met 1 person at Svetlo, 1 person at Balota, 1 person at NWAF, and about 100 spread evenly between Berezino and NEAF. With the spawns and loot tables the way they are at the moment, everyone is crammed into such a small area with no real reason to leave it. If you loot thoroughly you can find everything there is to find within about 4k of your spawn point, which currently is always in the NE of the map. And if you die, there's a very good chance that you're only minutes , if not seconds away from your corpse giving people further incentive to go back for revenge.

The best fix I can think of is to add more spawn points all over the map. Yes, you'll find people getting brilliant spawn points right next to the NWAF or Balota, but at least it'll give those areas a chance for some encounters.

this is not true, it depends how you interact with them, I will post a vid soon! B)

u Need 2 walkie talkies and 2 batteries to test this!

put the batteries in

turn them on on your preferred frequency (both has to be the same frequncy)

put 1 on the ground anywhere in firestation (but hidden, ghosts are hidden^^)

run away 600-800 meter

scope the firestation

wait for someone to pass by

turn on walkie talkie u have left, if someone Comes

scream in direct "BOHOOOOO . I AM THE FIRESTATION GHOST! YOU ARE DOOMED NOW!"

dude can write and talk in direct and signals will be transmitted to the walkie talkie which u got with u!

Are you sure about that you can talk in direct and it transmits on the radio? I tought you had to switch from 'direct chat' to the 'radio freq' with semicolon on the keyboard in order to transmit anything....

also walkie talkie also transmits direct of Players around you. and also Players around you can hear what is comeing from the walkie talkie!

SEEN ?!

Thanks for the tip on testing walkies, I think Im gonna try this with my stable char because I carry 2 walkies. But Im hesitating a bit because Im really afraid to loose the radios, they are so super rare and hard to find:p

Yes, and yet some people say that 40/40 is already too much people...  <_<

I move around the NWAF and center region and barely find anybody. Sometimes I don't know whether I'm playing a SP or MP game. I miss the 100/100 servers where I could find a couple of guys every few hours. That said, I only encounter people when I respawn in Berezino or the other city in the north...

Many people dont disperse currently because theres no need to. much of the wider movement in the MOD was driven by clans, bases, and the search fot that epic mil gear + helis. everything yhou would ever need can infact be found relatively close to spawn. there literally NO reason to spread out thru the map, especially for clan players who would prefer to make it easier to regroup when someone dies.

this is not true, it depends how you interact with them, I will post a vid soon! B)

Mostly true, but I have also met friendly bandits in Berenzino. Last week I met 6 bandits that hold me up there, after I they told me to strip all my gear on the ground and holding me for a bit they gave me back my gear, all they took was some ammo and all my food and then they let me go:).