Sign in to follow this  
zeeabo

6 slot top-wear.

Am I correct that the TTSKO jacket is currently the only 6 slot top-wear item?

This is something (I think) desperately needs to be addressed.

I want to survive. To survive, I need to carry equipment. For that, I need inventory slots.

Considering it is basically law that anyone wearing military gear is a KoS target, I feel that its a huge balance issue for TTSKO to have a massive 50% extra inv.space vs the next best shirt.

Or is it a calculated risk vs reward thing that for those 2 extra slots I am forced to make myself look like a hostile target to all the people I want to be friendly and trade and survive with?

It may not stay this way, but at the moment I feel clothing is just about to biggest indicator of another players intention/play style and to be forced into a certain attire because it's the only item in the game that offers those slots feels very unbalanced and indirectly makes the game boring (running around forests avoiding players like the plague because everyone assumes based on the jacket that I'm bandit and tries to KoS me.) I don't play for the PVP I play for survival, getting shot at isn't 'exciting player interaction' for me it's very worrying and could potentially end dayz of effort I have put into a survivor.

>inb4 deal with it Alfalfa

This is something that severely effects certain play styles, severely restricts decisions available to deal with a situation, and would take all of 5 minutes work to change. Doesn't even need a new item or skin or anything really, the waistcoat should have 6 slots as it is, pretty sure you can fit more than one single pistol between the 3-6 pockets usually found in a waistcoat (1 or 2 inside pockets where you should easily fit a pistol plus at least 2 (or more) outer pockets.)

• Like 1

Nothing has been balanced yet and I dare say inventory slots will be a high priority once we get to that stage. 

Now in saying that I am not sure what your issue is "at this stage", as a lot of the time I consider not even wearing a backpack at all and one of my team hasn't worn one in months. Once you are fully energised and healthy you really don't need that much gear. As for KoS'ers vs Survivalists (Army gear vs Hiking) you guys get a lot more slots with the mountain backpacks. I am not sure why you wouldn't want to wear a ballistics vest anyway as they literally can mean the difference between life and death if you get shot.

• Like 1

Am I correct that the TTSKO jacket is currently the only 6 slot top-wear item?

This is something (I think) desperately needs to be addressed.

I want to survive. To survive, I need to carry equipment. For that, I need inventory slots.

Considering it is basically law that anyone wearing military gear is a KoS target, I feel that its a huge balance issue for TTSKO to have a massive 50% extra inv.space vs the next best shirt.

Or is it a calculated risk vs reward thing that for those 2 extra slots I am forced to make myself look like a hostile target to all the people I want to be friendly and trade and survive with?

It may not stay this way, but at the moment I feel clothing is just about to biggest indicator of another players intention/play style and to be forced into a certain attire because it's the only item in the game that offers those slots feels very unbalanced and indirectly makes the game boring (running around forests avoiding players like the plague because everyone assumes based on the jacket that I'm bandit and tries to KoS me.) I don't play for the PVP I play for survival, getting shot at isn't 'exciting player interaction' for me it's very worrying and could potentially end dayz of effort I have put into a survivor.

>inb4 deal with it Alfalfa

This is something that severely effects certain play styles, severely restricts decisions available to deal with a situation, and would take all of 5 minutes work to change. Doesn't even need a new item or skin or anything really, the waistcoat should have 6 slots as it is, pretty sure you can fit more than one single pistol between the 3-6 pockets usually found in a waistcoat (1 or 2 inside pockets where you should easily fit a pistol plus at least 2 (or more) outer pockets.)

No, I was wearing some type of combat vest and also a wool and leather coats both had 6 slots.. 

I think more slots are fine but there should be some restriction on what you can put in a slot.  Unless it has pouches i don't really know how you would fit 2 cans of beans in a shirt.

• Like 1

I think more slots are fine but there should be some restriction on what you can put in a slot.  Unless it has pouches i don't really know how you would fit 2 cans of beans in a shirt.

I like that.. I've seen some ideas floating around about moving the entire inventory system to volume/weight limited instead of a set number of slots, I think that would be ideal but no idea where the devs stand on that topic..

Talgenn the vests have 8 slots, but that is a different clothing slot than shirt/jacket.. only leather coat I've seen in ~200 hours is the biker jacket, and that only has 3

I understand that balancing is not a current issue and probably won't be until beta, just thought if this got some support it might be changed/added sooner as clothing seems to have a large psychological effect on players and IMO such a minor and simple change would add a lot of value to the gameplay and bring the temporary 'until it gets fixed in beta' balance a lot closer to home.

Learn maths

Ttsko= 6 slots

Next best= 4 slots eg hoodie

That's 33.3r% more not 50%

50% would mean the next best thing would be 3 slots eg a down jacket.

Also the biker jacket had 4 slots not 3

Edited by DropBearChick

Learn maths

Ttsko= 6 slots

50% would mean the next best thing would be 3 slots eg a down jacket.

4 x 0.5 = 2

4 + 2 = 6

0.5 = 50%

Learn comprehension.

The next jacket down from ttsko has 33.3% less slots. The ttsko has 50% more slots.

33.3% of 6 is a different from 33.3% of 4. 

-You're right about the biker jacket though. Haven't bothered picking one up in a few weeks due to being irreparable.

Edited by zeeabo
  • Like 1

can we somepoint ban all this inception exploitation as well? Im talking about people putting a medkit in a box, the box in a vest, the vest in a bag,

Can you make it so people can't put storage into other storage (except for the obviously allowed,. yellow box in a bag,) or medkit in bag,

Vests shouldn't be able to filled with gear and THEN put in a bag, it should be empty to carry in bag

Or what do you think? Is all this acceptable? I think it is exploits like these that could cause some extra lag

can we somepoint ban all this inception exploitation as well? Im talking about people putting a medkit in a box, the box in a vest, the vest in a bag,

Can you make it so people can't put storage into other storage (except for the obviously allowed,. yellow box in a bag,) or medkit in bag,

Vests shouldn't be able to filled with gear and THEN put in a bag, it should be empty to carry in bag

Or what do you think? Is all this acceptable? I think it is exploits like these that could cause some extra lag

I mostly agree with this.

Well, I whole-heartedly agree with this for the future, but at the moment even as a bug, for the time being it helps a lot with the broken unbalanced inventory system that allows you to carry literally less pens on your entire person than I could fit in one hand IRL and each sheet of paper has it's own slot. They can fix the inception storage when they fix the storage ;)

• Like 1

inception storage is more than acceptable, it's reality irl. what limits what you can store in a vest/container is the amount of space in the pockets, not the number of items in it....and a burlap sack etc can hold a vest with the pockets stuffed irl. what I find disturbing about storage is that a 9v battery takes up the same amount of volume as a flashlight, or half as much as a bipod/guncleaningkit/sewing kit....totally unrealistic storage space values.

inception storage is more than acceptable, it's reality irl. what limits what you can store in a vest/container is the amount of space in the pockets, not the number of items in it....and a burlap sack etc can hold a vest with the pockets stuffed irl. what I find disturbing about storage is that a 9v battery takes up the same amount of volume as a flashlight, or half as much as a bipod/guncleaningkit/sewing kit....totally unrealistic storage space values.

its not reality at all mate, if you had a rucksack and tried to put one of those combat vests into it, it would be bulky and tough to fit inside. It would probably take up the whole rucksack. And then you want to put big items into everyone of those pockets and still put it in the rucksack, i think it should have to be empty to fit inside as it would have to be folded up and squidged in. Same with trousers. however yellow/ medkit/ green ammo boxes should be the only thing allowed to put things into then rucksack it.

Anything else I think should have to be empty , this not only is a realism issue, but also balancing issue and helps server lag

Learn maths

Ttsko= 6 slots

No, that's not how maths works. 50% of 4 is two, and you are increasing it by two to get six, thus a 50% increase.