Sign in to follow this  
stielhandgranate

Devs: Use ArmA 3 content for DayZ content

This was already done with the FNX45 and the tactical vest. There are several items in ArmA 3 that can fit in DayZ such as the Mk 18 ABR being a M14 EBR in function as well as the "Zubr .45" being a Mateba Model 6 (also giving the players another .357 weapon) and the "NATO Spec-ops helmet" being a Crye precision airframe helmet. Not to mention the flight suits, chest rigs and mulicam patterns that can be grafted on existing clothing to very easily diversify and expand game content.

Honestly, I wouldn't really mind all that much. ArmA 3 has some lovely content, and I don't see the problem in exchanging work. A3 already has several DZ objects, why not let the A3 team return the favor?

There's a tiny problem with that.

ARMA III is placed in 2025 (I think), so its weapons have kind of a futuristic theme, those military-futuristic-thingy weapons would NOT fit in DayZ.

Also, ARMA III has a different model... Skeleton, so vests would not work on DayZ's character models.

There's a tiny problem with that.

ARMA III is placed in 2025 (I think), so its weapons have kind of a futuristic theme, those military-futuristic-thingy weapons would NOT fit in DayZ.

Several weapons in ArmA 3 are modern weapons with different names. The Mk 18 is identical to an existing weapon system, the M14 EBR. Cyre airframe helmets are in fact very real and are popular with police and military forces across the world. Also the examples I stated in my OP were altered to work with the DayZ skeleton.

Several weapons in ArmA 3 are modern weapons with different names. The Mk 18 is identical to an existing weapon system, the M14 EBR. Cyre airframe helmets are in fact very real and are popular with police and military forces across the world. Also the examples I stated in my OP were altered to work with the DayZ skeleton.

*Sigh*

I guess... I don't know if adding the MK 18 (Or the actual M14 EBR)  would be a good idea. Remember, Chernarus does not have a military force like America or other countries do. I think that adding military-grade weapons like the M14 EBR or others would not be a good thing, because Arma III is REALLY military based.

Maybe we could add the Mateba, but I think we should stay with these weapons and get rid of the military guns that, in my opinion, make this game unrealistic.

I'd stick with the mosin, the AK and the SKS to be honest.

Edited by DiscordWhooves

No, I'd rather have original content than recycled content. DayZ is meant to be unique from Arma.

Hello there

Swapping stuff over isnt all that easy.

Yes its not impossible, but you cant just "mod" A3 stuff into DAYZ and visa Versa. (yeah i know some stuff has been done against TOS) butwhen it comes to weapons etc there's a heck of a lot of differences.

Far more than TOH and Arma2 for example.

And as we push on further down the line the differences may get greater.

That said, as we are dealing with essentially AFAIK the same studio there is opportunity to share models/textures etc, but how mush can be bought from a2/a3 to DAYZ?

A2's weapons and items are (although great) just not up to par with DAYZ assets. And A3's stuff, well the majority is way out of the timeline.

Im sure if there is common stuff it will be shared, but again never think its a lazy port as there is work involved bringing it over.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
facts
  • Like 1

*Sigh*

I guess... I don't know if adding the MK 18 (Or the actual M14 EBR)  would be a good idea. Remember, Chernarus does not have a military force like America or other countries do. I think that adding military-grade weapons like the M14 EBR or others would not be a good thing, because Arma III is REALLY military based.

Maybe we could add the Mateba, but I think we should stay with these weapons and get rid of the military guns that, in my opinion, make this game unrealistic.

I'd stick with the mosin, the AK and the SKS to be honest.

The EBR isn't some cutting edge technology, in fact it is more of quick response for the lack of purpose built DMRs in the US military, and it has several issues, such as weight. However it has earned popularity in military and civilian circles. In function it performs the same as a M14, but has Picatinny rails for accessories. DayZ already has the M4A1, MICH helmets, and American uniforms. Whatever entity brought that equipment over could have brought EBRs with them.

Moving on, several of ArmA 3's weapons are "Space fantasy guns", but quite a few of them are existing weapons with different names.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/ArmA_III

No, I'd rather have original content than recycled content. DayZ is meant to be unique from Arma

It already uses an altered map from ArmA 2, and textures from ArmA 3. Not that there is anything wrong from that, as it gives the devs time to work on other things, such as making interiors for buildings and expanding the existing map.

Edited by Dale Gribble