Lobotomy Lobster

[1.5.7] Legs breaking when prone

Date/Time: 1300 GMT / 14th May 2012

What happened: As I went prone from running on flat ground my legs broke and I started bleeding. I was very close to a bush as I went prone.

Where you were: 300m North of Stary Sobor

What you were doing: Jogging along flat ground. To my knowledge I was not shot and there were no zombies nearby.

*Current installed version: 1.5.7

*Server(s) you were on: US Hardcore 1

*Your system specs: Not relevant

*Timeline of events before/after error: I had logged in 2 minutes before it happened and I did not encounter the bug again in the following hour and a half of play

I had a similar thing.

What happened: I was lying in a bush observing players. Apparently my leg broke and i started bleeding. (No gunshots) I maybe was moving.

Where you were: don't remember

What you were doing: Observing other players with binoculars from prone position in a bush.

Was on version: 1.5.6.

A friend of mine had a similar thing as well.

He went prone into a bush as he had to go to toilet.

When he was back he turned his character and pressed the stand up key in which moment he instantly broke his leg and started bleeding.

Date/Time: 01:41, 2012-05-16

What happened: Crawled (prone) through a doorway, broke my legs, went unconcious, started to bleed and had a lot of pain effect going on

Where you were: somewhere in elektro

What you were doing: Crawling through an open doorway

*Server(s) you were on: I never really look, take what i can get

*Timeline of events before/after error: exploring and looting for about half an hour, then logged out after i got away to a safer place (i was prone, cause i heard gunshots nearby, but those weren't the reason, cause they came from another side of a house and even after i sticked around to heal myself, i did not encounter anyone)

Date/Time: 01:41' date=' 2012-05-16

What happened: Crawled (prone) through a doorway, broke my legs, went unconcious, started to bleed and had a lot of pain effect going on

Where you were: somewhere in elektro

What you were doing: Crawling through an open doorway

*Server(s) you were on: I never really look, take what i can get

*Timeline of events before/after error: exploring and looting for about half an hour, then logged out after i got away to a safer place (i was prone, cause i heard gunshots nearby, but those weren't the reason, cause they came from another side of a house and even after i sticked around to heal myself, i did not encounter anyone)

[/quote']

This exact thing happened to me. except my legs didn't break, but i had a worst case of pain shock.

Damn, didn't spot this thread just now when I was looking for it ._.

Had the same thing happen, I was crawling uphill and suddenly my legs just broke. Lost 6k blood and bled out.

No gunshots were fired, no players were nearby. No damage indicator either.

What happened: Crawled (prone) up a hill, broke my legs, lost 6k blood and started bleeding. Lost consciousness and bled out.

No players were nearby and no gunshots were heard/seen.

Where you were: east of quarry

What you were doing: Crawling uphill

*Current installed version: 1.5.7 // Arma beta 92767

*Server(s) you were on: EU9

*Timeline of events before/after error: Spawned on the beach, crawled inland, broke legs crawling uphill, moments later died.

::EDIT::

Respawned ~200m away, ran to the forest (100% darkness, not sure why since gamma was maxed too), got my stuff from my rotting corpse (the only reason I found it was the flies buzzing..)

Too close!

And that's the last time I'll be using prone unless I really really really have to.

Same thing happened to me. I was prone on a steep hill, went to move and broke my leg and went into shock, I waited out the hourglass and went to bandage myself but then the same thing happened again. There were no players around and I heard no gunshots. I eventually bled out and died. My friend found my 'corpse' on the coast, not on the hill where i died, I was running to meet up with him but my corpse despawned only after 5 minutes or so.

Where you were:east of Kamenko

What you were doing: going to crouched from prone on a hill

*Current installed version: 1.2.3 beta 95248

*Server(s) you were on: can't remember.

*Your system specs: High-end PC

*Timeline of events before/after error: Was prone on hill near some shrubs, pushed 'x' to go to crouched and broke a bone, went into shock, started bleeding and passed out. waited out hourglass, opened gear to bandage myself and the same thing happened, broken bone sound, unconcious. bled out and died, friend found my corpse, still holding an m19 pointing in the air and still bleeding, 'corpse' despawned 5-10 minutes later.

7/24/noon

lay down beside bush

now im prone 5 feet in air broken leg broken joints and -10000 blood

*Current installed version: 1.2.3 beta 952578

*Server(s) you were on: can't remember.

*Your system specs: High-end PC-i7 16g ram blah blah blah