Sign in to follow this  
PartyHans

How to kick Zombie ass!

So i have seen that ALOT of players are having problems with the Zombies since the new update (1.8.1)
And i have come here to give some advice on how to avoid them

1. Find a melee weapon before anything else (industrial/farm buildings) 

That way i can go into a corner of whatever building and just hack down the zeds that follow

2. If you see a zombie coming towards you, just turn around and go another route (they will hit you from a great distance)

Do not try to zig zag between them, as i said turn away and try to go through buildings on your way 

3. Be patient, if you see something you want to loot you have to make sure that a group of Zeds don't follow

4. It's best to have a hatchet, and to go into what ever building you want to loot, and back away from the Zeds as you are mowing them down

5. Wood/hatchet/hunting knife/animals - THAT is what keeps me alive, i spend some time just hunting and cooking. This is survival, not BF/COD

Many people are giving up on playing the new update, but it's mostly because of impatience. 

On 100% vanilla servers, you have to expect it to be harsh and difficult, before people were used to being able to run around without much thought (exept stopping completely) Now you have to think that when you see a zombie, or a group of zombies that they can actually beat you down in no time and kill you, so play accordingly

I hope that newcomers find this helpful, not sure if i should post this elsewhere as well for experienced players (or if i'm allowed to)

Cheers!

• Like 2

Good info!  Especially #5.

This video is from back around 1.8.0, but I think it is still applicable:

Edited by Bullet_Catcher

Zombies still walk inside buildings?

*cry

One word to deal with Zombies:

Crossbow

*cry

No way around that. This will always stay.

• Like 1

*cry

If they didn't, DayZ would be unplayable. You literally couldn't loot a single item.

• Like 2

If they didn't, DayZ would be unplayable. You literally couldn't loot a single item.

Lies.

JPWiser, on 15 Jun 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:JPWiser, on 15 Jun 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Lies.

Dude whatever, if there was a way to make zombies run balls to the wall inside buildings like they do outside, I would totally challenge you to try looting and surviving in 1.8.1. Pretty sure you'd be sick of it after 20 minutes of endless running and not being able to pick up a damn can of beans.

Edited by Chris9183
  • Like 1

Considering they do run on Standalone, I consider it to not be impossible. Albiet there are less of them on SA. It certainly wouldn't be unplayable, not if you know what your doing. Sneaking about isn't hard.

Dude whatever, if there was a way to make zombies run balls to the wall inside buildings like they do outside, I would totally challenge you to try looting and surviving in 1.8.1. Pretty sure you'd be sick of it after 20 minutes of endless running and not being able to pick up a damn can of beans.

Might wont to try and sneak around rather then running.

• Like 1

When I used to play the mod we went on loot runs only at night and snuck in completely silent.  Rarely caught agro.

Also once you found an axe or silenced weapon, you then also had other options.

This was one of the most appealing features the SA brought to the table, and once the zeds are reworked with the pathing in place it will be just like that.

Firing your gun or just blazing into towns balls deep was never an option nor should it be.

As long as zeds walk inside buildings, you have nothing what so ever to worry about.

It would be extremely challenging, but not impossible.  Funneling them through a hallway would make them much easier to hit.  Granted, I'm sure the devs would have to nerf the zombies a bit for balance if they could all of a sudden make them run inside, but hopefully they wouldn't do it by much.  I tell you what, though, they would probably have to reduce the numbers a bit.  Can you imagine 20+ zombies chasing you into a barn after firing a shot at a bandit?  Terrifying.

It would be extremely challenging, but not impossible. Funneling them through a hallway would make them much easier to hit. Granted, I'm sure the devs would have to nerf the zombies a bit for balance if they could all of a sudden make them run inside, but hopefully they wouldn't do it by much. I tell you what, though, they would probably have to reduce the numbers a bit. Can you imagine 20+ zombies chasing you into a barn after firing a shot at a bandit? Terrifying.

That's exactly what most look forward to seeing in the sa... Guns should be a last resort always...

I agree with Razor.  Sneaking is how I learned to play.  I remember when I'd help noobs they'd be so surprised that you can almost walk/crawl passed zombies if sneak by quietly.  They were used to running, which gets you noticed. 

If zombies could run inside it would make it insanely hard to pick up anything even when sneaking. :o