redsaw66

Mosin or M4?

AKM + PSO scope anytime! Ok, its still just on experimental but as Rocket said today:

""We are actually very hopeful that any day now we will be pushing out an update.

It might not take that long for us to finally hold AKM in sweaty palms on stable branch!

edit : just realised he might be talking about update for experimental. still, once rubberbanding of experimental is fixed, its pretty much good for stable release.
Edited by Hombre

I've done a bit more testing with the M4 now I finally found a pristine ACOG for it.. using the bipod it is more accurate than I thought and I can consistently hit targets between 300-400m, but needs 3 chest hits to take out a Z, and at that range the amount of time to set up the shot you may as well use an SKS with much better damage output.

I still conclude the M4 is useless at over 100 (maybe 200) meters even if it is usable up to 400+. Full auto rifles just aren't made for sniping, and I rarely burst and never spray.. maybe different combat styles would make better use of it, just not for me  B)

Most fights I had were at less than 50 meters, but than again if you guys are being spotted and shot at from 300-400 meters maybe you should exercise bit more caution rather than running around with your d*cks in your hands in plain sights. 

One of these threads again?  You should use all the weapons in game and decide which one you like better.  As of now, the Mosin is my weapon of choice - which will change either for good or temporarily when the AKM is introduced to stable.

Mosin all day. I prefer to play a sniper style & usually hang back & scope things out while my buddies clear an area. Or if I'm lone wolf, I'd rather scout first & then go in. If we're talking experimental though, AKM all day, it seems to OP right now. Better than the M4 in every way & has a 75 round drum mag, just silly.

Also, carrying two weapons is slow as hell in stable but it's actually not that bad at all on EXP. I will be rocking two mains once EXP hits stable.

Blaze 95 for the win - the Mosin is more accurate and generally more versatile, but that super fast trigger response on the Blaze is something I never want to give up. Two rounds of 7.62x51mm in less than a second guarantees a dead target.

M4 owners who never leave the coast or neaf are going to severely disappointed once the patch drops and realise they have to go well inland and heli hunt for the weapon.

Ah, I see. I prefer using tree stumps, too. You could've gone with a better picture though, that half-naked lady with the SKS is getting in the way of the real merchandise. All I can say is; "Dat log"

Idiot, he was referring to one of the invincible zombie rabbits hiding behind the half naked chick. Duh!

• Like 1

Idiot, he was referring to one of the invincible zombie rabbits hiding behind the half naked chick. Duh!

Oh yeah, I just noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

M4 owners who never leave the coast or neaf are going to severely disappointed once the patch drops and realise they have to go well inland and heli hunt for the weapon.

Rocket replaced all the M4 spawns with the objectively superior AKM so who cares?

AKM, because it has a high fire rate (which the Mosin 9130 doesn't have) and a better round than the M4 (7.62x39mm or SKS ammunition :D ).

Although the Mosin is the best LR rifle, and the M4A1 is the best CQC rifle.

Edited by Loopest

I'd say stick with both weapons, it can be a bit of a pain in the arse to switch between them, and you lose out on your running speed, but if you are carefully picking your way around and taking care not to be seen, you will rarely be running top speed anyway.  

I always go with an M4, backup sights and acog in the backpack, and a red dot on the weapon, switch around when i need to, and a fully kitted mosin.

I find that the M4 is perfect for popping zambies in towns and I keep it out the whole time on the off chance I come face to face with another player and need to respond to a threat, and then the mosin can be employed for scoping out cities, sniping zambies or assholes (or the innocent depending on my play-style that day).

It can be a chore getting up ladders, because you have to drop one weapon, go up, drop the other, come down, pick up the other one and go back up again, but it has paid off more than it hasn't so far.

I don't use small arms at all (because I'm not a T-rex, uh-huh-huh) because I find them to be annoying and the 60 round clip size of the M4 beats everything.

Rocket replaced all the M4 spawns with the objectively superior AKM so who cares?

Amount of AKM's i have found in either the barracks, Mil buildings or hangars in experimental in three weeks = sfa

Jumped on stable last night for shits and giggles, found two M4's at Balota and another one at NEAF, no server restart.

Amount of AKM's i have found in either the barracks, Mil buildings or hangars in experimental in three weeks = sfa

Jumped on stable last night for shits and giggles, found two M4's at Balota and another one at NEAF, no server restart.

I found two AKMs in a police station once. Never found a mag there, though.