Sign in to follow this  
isaacfry

dayz lags badly

bought dayz for my son. It runs so slow he can't play it at all. It is impossible to contact steam in a reasonable way or timely manner. I've youtubed the problem and don't understand any of the solutions. Unfortunately, steam is impossible to contact and I feel like I've been taken for $30 and will never purchase from steam again. It's hard to put a positive spin and be constructive when I cannot contact steam. My son just wants to play dayz

wat.png

some more info would help

pc specs and stuff

Edited by DMentMan

I feel like I've been taken for $30 and will never purchase from steam again.

From the BIG, BOLD text on the Steam Store page that you purchased the game from:

If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development.

[...]

We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

My son just wants to play dayz

So get him a computer that can run DayZ. What it sounds like you've done is akin to buying him a Ps3 controller for his SEGA Genesis, then blaming Sony when it doesn't work in a way it was never advertised to.

DayZ was never meant to run on a low end PC, and it's not Steams problem that your hardware is outdated.

Go mouth breathe somewhere else.

Edited by zeeabo

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHH

You blame STEAM for your son's COMPUTER PROBLEMS?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Buy him a Cybertron or something. That shit won't run The Forest on highest graphic settings, but it can run DayZ. Do your research before you buy one of the most graphically demanding games in history, you silly horse enchilada.

bought dayz for my son. It runs so slow he can't play it at all. It is impossible to contact steam in a reasonable way or timely manner. I've youtubed the problem and don't understand any of the solutions. Unfortunately, steam is impossible to contact and I feel like I've been taken for $30 and will never purchase from steam again. It's hard to put a positive spin and be constructive when I cannot contact steam. My son just wants to play dayz

Hello there and welcome to the forums. Please make sure to include as much information as possible. A simple "DayZ doesn't work" won't help you nor us and is the reason you got such replies on here.

There's literally nothing anyone could work with in your post, even though we would love to help you out.

Could be your PC's hardware (graphics card and the likes) or just the game. It's an unfinished game, as stated on the staem page, so issues are likely to arise. If you post your PC specs here, we might be able to give advice.