Sign in to follow this  
UFLBig Fudge

LF Help Setting up Day/Nighttime Cyclus on my server

Hey.

So the topic kinda describes my problem. Currently I have 24h daytime on my server. But now that it's getting populated, I want to change it to have like 6 hour day and 3 hour night or something. Or just make it like a normal day. Anywho, I'm not quite sure on which file I can find the codes in.

Anyone who got some wisdom to share? 

You should a file called "HiveExt.ini" in your config files. There is something that will look like this:

[Time];Possible values: Local, Custom, Static;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to LocalType = Static;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well);Offset = 0;These 2 settings only apply if using Static type (Custom date/time on every server start);The value (0-24) to set the Hour to, if commented or empty then the hour won't be changedHour =12;The value (DD/MM/YYYY) to set the Date to, if commented or empty then the date won't be changed;Date = 4.1.2013

Change that according to your liking, ie. Custom, which would have to look like this then:

[Time];Possible values: Local, Custom, Static;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to LocalType = Custom;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)Offset = -5;These 2 settings only apply if using Static type (Custom date/time on every server start);The value (0-24) to set the Hour to, if commented or empty then the hour won't be changedHour =12;The value (DD/MM/YYYY) to set the Date to, if commented or empty then the date won't be changed;Date = 4.1.2013

This will give you a setup where it's following the day / night cycle of a country that would be in the GMT-5 timezone (ie. Florida, I think)

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

...This will give you a setup where it's following the day / night cycle of a country that would be in the GMT-5 timezone (ie. Florida, I think)

Yes, GMT -5 would be East coast. Well done.

Edited by TG ! Jimmy

You should a file called "HiveExt.ini" in your config files. There is something that will look like this:

[Time];Possible values: Local, Custom, Static;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to LocalType = Static;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well);Offset = 0;These 2 settings only apply if using Static type (Custom date/time on every server start);The value (0-24) to set the Hour to, if commented or empty then the hour won't be changedHour =12;The value (DD/MM/YYYY) to set the Date to, if commented or empty then the date won't be changed;Date = 4.1.2013

Change that according to your liking, ie. Custom, which would have to look like this then:

[Time];Possible values: Local, Custom, Static;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to LocalType = Custom;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)Offset = -5;These 2 settings only apply if using Static type (Custom date/time on every server start);The value (0-24) to set the Hour to, if commented or empty then the hour won't be changedHour =12;The value (DD/MM/YYYY) to set the Date to, if commented or empty then the date won't be changed;Date = 4.1.2013

This will give you a setup where it's following the day / night cycle of a country that would be in the GMT-5 timezone (ie. Florida, I think)

Nice, I'll try it. 

The only thing I dont understand so far is what the "Hour" number is for. U have set it to 12, what does it mean?