Play (DayZ)

Unarmed survivor = Friendly Armed survivor = “You are Dead” screen

Unfortunately this seems to be the trend at the moment with the rare exception of towns like Electro where sometimes bandits just don’t bother killing other survivors mainly because they got nothing important to loot. Start moving north and even the wind is your enemy.

But from a gamer’s point of view it does make sense..you are most likely to die in the first hour in one of the big towns whilst trying to gear up for your adventure and by the time you live them you have this feeling of “achievement” and will be unwilling to lose everything you got (which means killing other people)

A few days ago I got killed in a small town after achieving a sensational 248 zombie kills and 0 murder. I was living in the woods, cooking stakes and drinking water from lakes, occasionally raiding small towns for extra supply and it was in one of this places where I got killed (by zeds after breaking my leg).

But if I was still alive and had met a survivor I’d probably shoot him (as I’ve been shot many times outside big towns).

I know quite a lot of people with disagree with this but it would be interesting to see what other survivors think.

EDIT 1: Yes, I know that there are similar topics here but don’t forget that thousands of people join this forum every week and not everyone get the chance to read the past 1000 topics.

EDIT 2: Thanks for all those intelligent people that contributed.

Here's how I end up killing/not killing survivors. If it's in an open field or something or I actually SEE the person in the building/on the rooftop before they see me. I'll ackknowledge them and ask friendly but still keep a close eye on them. If I happen to be in a town or something and I accidentally almost like run smack into him face first. I shoot. No questions asked. With how the game's working right now people are just too untrustworthy to not give you that bit of time to ask if friendly if you scare them like that.

Cherno/Elektro's always a shoot on sight for me.

Unfortunately this seems to be the trend at the moment with the rare exception of towns like Electro where sometimes bandits just don’t bother killing other survivors mainly because they got nothing important to loot. Start moving north and even the wind is your enemy.

But from a gamer’s point of view it does make sense..you are most likely to die in the first hour in one of the big towns whilst trying to gear up for your adventure and by the time you live them you have this feeling of “achievement” and will be unwilling to lose everything you got (which means killing other people)

A few days ago I got killed in a small town after achieving a sensational 248 zombie kills and 0 murder. I was living in the woods' date=' cooking stakes and drinking water from lakes, occasionally raiding small towns for extra supply and it was in one of this places where I got killed (by zeds after breaking my leg).

But if I was still alive and had met a survivor I’d probably shoot him (as I’ve been shot many times outside big towns).

I know quite a lot of people with disagree with this but it would be interesting to see what other survivors think.

[/quote']

What other survivors think about what? Getting killed by other players? That's part of the game, if you don't like it than don't play it. Unless you have something in particular you want to discuss about, stop spamming the forums please.

Best regards.

Then.... read the 1,000,000 posts about it??

Forums are a communication tool that saves what people post from the past. You can scroll through a list of posts, just like the one you made here, and read many, many posts about this exact topic. A large number of them, you might be surprised to find, are almost exactly the same as this one.

A good idea, when something comes to mind, is to look on the forums and scroll through those posts from the past, to see if someone has said the same thing.

Then, you can add to the discussion, or make a new point that is not made in the posts there.

Unless you are an ass, like me, then post away. I pretty much post whatever compost is dribbling out my orifices at any given moment. Somewhat related to this mod.

A few days ago I got killed in a small town after achieving a sensational 248 zombie kills and 0 murder. I was living in the woods' date=' cooking stakes and drinking water from lakes, occasionally raiding small towns for extra supply and it was in one of this places where I got killed (by zeds after breaking my leg).

[/quote']

What other survivors think about what? Getting killed by other players? That's part of the game, if you don't like it than don't play it. Unless you have something in particular you want to discuss about, stop spamming the forums please.

Best regards.

Ok Albert Einstein...thanks for your contribution.

The amount of times i run through a town with no loot and get shot, i have honestly lost count.

Everyone here bitching about the topic, you're contributing to its uselessness by posting about how stupid it is. Just don't post in it and let it die, your opinion isn't that fucking cool that you have to post telling the TC to shut up.

The amount of times i run through a town with no loot and get shot' date=' i have honestly lost count.

[/quote']

Don't run through towns then. Fixed.

Shoot on sight unless you strongly believe the other player isnt aware of you is the best policy if you want to survive and keep your stuff, simple as that. Even then its often better to kill an armed player that isn't aware of you.

[/quote']

Best regards.

Social behaviour is always interesting...and there will be more topics like that.

Everyone here bitching about the topic' date=' you're contributing to its uselessness by posting about how stupid it is. Just don't post in it and let it die, your opinion isn't that fucking cool that you have to post telling the TC to shut up.

[/quote']

Yes, it is.

Whine cry, whine whine cry. Fuss about nothing.

What are we talking about again? Oh, that's right OP's, post.

Let's get back on topic.

I find I'm a enough of an ass that if I run into someone who has a gun and I think they'll notice me, I'm going to shoot them, but I'm not such an ass that I'll shoot someone who is unarmed.

(unless they have the big coyote backpack, then it's open season:P)

The amount of times i run through a town with no loot and get shot' date=' i have honestly lost count.

[/quote']

So, basically, you're completely unwilling to make the smallest effort to learn from your mistakes and slightly alter your playstyle in response to failures so numerous you have lost track?

You realize they can train laboratory mice better than that, right? Pressing this lever shocks you, pressing this level gives you a food pellet - guess how many times the mouse is going to press the "shock" lever? Probably only once.

Yet, here you are, pressing it over and over and over again times unnumbered, and I guess I'm supposed to feel bad that you get the same result every time? Are we supposed to go to rocket and ask him to redesign the game so that people like you who can't even seem to learn on the most basic animal level can enjoy the game?

If you do X and your face gets shot, don't do X next time. Repeat that process until you have a very long list of "what not to do" and you will stop dying so much.

I often shoot for self defense because it seems that people usually shoot first at me. Last night, however, I decided to hang around Cherno. Shortly after I arrived I went to visit the Church and look for supplies. I found a crossbow and a revolver when suddenly a woman runs in trailing some zeds behind her. I could see she was unarmed and needed help so I popped the zeds for her and started leading her around turn. We made a good lap of Cherno and hit most residential places other than the apartments. We also hit the hospital and found an AK in the station house, which I left for her to grab. After about an hour of this I was ready to head to bed, so I led her to the edge of town and pointed her to the next one. Then I laid down in a bush (still with a crossbow and revolver) and logged out.

Not everyone will shoot you (or beat you to death) at the first opportunity.

EDIT 1: Yes' date=' I know that there are similar topics here but don’t forget that thousands of people join this forum every week and not everyone get the chance to read the past 1000 topics.

[/quote']

There wouldn't be 1000 topics about this if people like you just posted in the same thread.