Nobbzii

Framerate?

Hi, 

Been playing for a while now and framerate seems so inconsistent, 

Specs are 
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300@2.5GHz

4GB RAM

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX750

framerate never really goes above 20, unsure if these results would be expected on those specs or not? PC seems fine with other games which you would consider graphically superior! 

Looking for a confirmation as to whether 20fps is what I should be getting or am I doing something wrong my end? 

Thanks  

Dom

Your CPU is very bad and is probably the cause of your low fps. In the end we all get relatively crap FPS no matter our specs though.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Been playing for a while now and framerate seems so inconsistent, 

Specs are 

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300@2.5GHz

4GB RAM

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX750

framerate never really goes above 20, unsure if these results would be expected on those specs or not? PC seems fine with other games which you would consider graphically superior! 

Looking for a confirmation as to whether 20fps is what I should be getting or am I doing something wrong my end? 

Thanks  

Dom

What settings do you use?

Im pretty sure you can run other games in therms of graphics better then day z with no problem right?

If you do so, the problem is in the engine of day z that still not optimized. So dont worry buddy, you just need to wait for the day when they'll do it. (If they will)

Im pretty sure you can run other games in therms of graphics better then day z with no problem right?

If you do so, the problem is in the engine of day z that still not optimized. So dont worry buddy, you just need to wait for the day when they'll do it. (If they will)

Still doesn't change the fact that the CPU and RAM are not up to date anymore...two bottlenecks in three vital positions ( GPU, CPU, RAM ). It's true that this PC will run every other game but those games are often optimized to run on a massive amount of low end PCs and laptops like f.e. LoL, WoT, PotBS and whatnot. My old rig which has a Core2Duo and a GTX260 can run those titles on high to max just fine.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Anyway, something has to do with the DayZ video settings too. Telling that it runs 20 fps has no meaning without settings.

Geforce GTX 750 is capable of 40-50 fps 1920x1080 and anti-aliasing...

Edited by lucianpin

Still doesn't change the fact that the CPU and RAM are not up to date anymore...two bottlenecks in three vital positions ( GPU, CPU, RAM ). It's true that this PC will run every other game but those games are often optimized to run on a massive amount of low end PCs and laptops like f.e. LoL, WoT, PotBS and whatnot. My old rig which has a Core2Duo and a GTX260 can run those titles on high to max just fine.

Yea does not change the fact but, ill give you mine example. I have the exact same processor as he does and same amount of ram, my gpu is lower then he is (gtx 560) and i am running day z out of the big citys with 45 - 50 frames. I only get close to 20 looking at citys like elektro or those ones north and northwest of cherno with the big apartments. And i have friends with a cpu and a ram better then mine and they get the same performance as i do using the same config as i. Of course they get a bit more frames but is not even more then 3-5 frames. So the fact on my opinion is that the game still needs a lot of work in therms of the performance issue and that even had been recognized by rocket on reddit a couple of months ago.

Hey Nobbzii,

what's your OS? I had a hard time running the game on XP, really low FPS, even far away from cities (and lots of crashes). Upgrading the OS did help in my case.

Yea does not change the fact but, ill give you mine example. I have the exact same processor as he does and same amount of ram, my gpu is lower then he is (gtx 560) and i am running day z out of the big citys with 45 - 50 frames. I only get close to 20 looking at citys like elektro or those ones north and northwest of cherno with the big apartments. And i have friends with a cpu and a ram better then mine and they get the same performance as i do using the same config as i. Of course they get a bit more frames but is not even more then 3-5 frames. So the fact on my opinion is that the game still needs a lot of work in therms of the performance issue and that even had been recognized by rocket on reddit a couple of months ago.

Yeah that's due to the weirdness factor of the engine...if you have a low end pc you might be able to play the game with low settings at 50fps, a better pc with medium settings with 50fps, a gaming pc at high settings with 50fps etc. but neither of the higher rigs will be able to get a significant fps increase when they go down one level with the overall details, there might be even no increase at all which is astounding.

It doesn't really work like that. I run CSS with 1000 FPS yet I only get 100 FPS in BF4. That doesn't mean that CSS is better optimised, it means that BF4 is a more demanding game.

Yes, DayZ is not well optimised at this time, but it is also a very demanding game due to the enormous size of the map.

Sorry, forgot to say I have settings as low as they will go! Like many have said its an old PC (Upgrade coming soon) but wasn't sure as other games seem to work fine! Looks like i'll have to make do with 20fps right now! Reanimated I have Win7 so should be fine in that sense! 

It doesn't really work like that. I run CSS with 1000 FPS yet I only get 100 FPS in BF4. That doesn't mean that CSS is better optimised, it means that BF4 is a more demanding game.

Yes, DayZ is not well optimised at this time, but it is also a very demanding game due to the enormous size of the map.

you only lose fps by what is rendering on your screen, if you look at the ground you'll get 100 fps, if you look at a big city you will drop to 25. So... the size of the map have nothing to do with performance (frames). Performance is defined by the engine and the amount of things that it can support.

There is people running Planetside 2, interacting with thousands of players at the same time in a huge huge map and the game stills run better then day z does, why? Because of its engine is already optimized to use all that a rig can offer. Unlike day z where the engine itself doesn't uses even 20% of any cpu because the engine is not programed to do so yet. And i am pretty sure that if the engine of CSS was capable to reproduce what the engine of BF4 does, the game would be smooth with no fps drops easily. You can't compare an orange with an apple buddy. And then again if your theory is correct, why Arma 3 runs better then day z if the map is huge as well? think on that.

you only lose fps by what is rendering on your screen, if you look at the ground you'll get 100 fps, if you look at a big city you will drop to 25. So... the size of the map have nothing to do with performance (frames). Performance is defined by the engine and the amount of things that it can support.

There is people running Planetside 2, interacting with thousands of players at the same time in a huge huge map and the game stills run better then day z does, why? Because of its engine is already optimized to use all that a rig can offer. Unlike day z where the engine itself doesn't uses even 20% of any cpu because the engine is not programed to do so yet. And i am pretty sure that if the engine of CSS was capable to reproduce what the engine of BF4 does, the game would be smooth with no fps drops easily. You can't compare an orange with an apple buddy. And then again if your theory is correct, why Arma 3 runs better then day z if the map is huge as well? think on that.

Someone didn't play PlanetSide during alpha, lol. The optimisation wasn't done until well after the final 1.0 release, it ran worse than DayZ does during alpha.

A lot of what makes games like DayZ and Arma intensive is not simply rendering, it's CPU calculations and information being sent and received from other players.

Also, read the last line of my post again.

Sigh....

Did you play Arma III during alpha and beta? It ran exactly as crappy as DayZ does right now, and since its a branch of the same engine its a very good game to compare with, since they are doing alot of the same stuff, under the hood.

Like Mosley says, the RV engine in notorious for doing a TON of CPU calculations, and it has ALWAYS been CPU intensive, like crazy, no news there.

But they are trying to make the engine do something it has never done, or even been designed for, atm, so its understandable it takes time to "make it fit" so to speak.

Its fine to compare PS2 to DayZ, but keep in mind the game handles object in a much different way, along with rendering. I will bet PS2 doesnt render everything within range of the player, and if it does, theres far less object? Because thats what DayZ does atm, and thats why you get FPS drops when you look at a city.

Basicly the game is rendering the loot, 1,5 km away, inside a building, even though you have no chance of seeing it.

Thats why they are in the progress of disconnecting the renderer from the simulation, so they can change that and possibly replace the render with a much newer and more effective version.

Saying the size of the map has nothing to do with performance, is like saying speed has nothing to do with killing people, when they drive into a wall. Ofc it has something to do with performance, or we would have more games out there with giant worlds, which could run on a 1980's pc....

But you seem to forget, that theres a million other factors here.

Thats why they created the "network bubble", thats why they want 64-bit, thats why they want to disconnect the renderer from the simulation and thats why its an (BAM BAM BAM) alpha....