Sign in to follow this  
FrostDMG

Chernarus idea for the devs (for final release not now).

I know the chances of the devs reading my idea are pretty small, but here I go anyway.

Please do remember that these are changes for the FINAL release. Currently I don't think they should be implemented due to spawns, items and new towns being tested!

The map (not including Chernarus+ towns, but you get the idea):

MK51r.png

Let's start from the bottom!

The purple zones are the designated spawn points - pretty much identical to the ones found in the mod. I feel that spawning on the South coast offers the best progression and allows the map to be fully explored on your journey North - for example exploring small and cool towns such as Msta. Having said that, one way in which my spawns differ from the mod is the lack of Eastern spawns - i.e Solnichny and just South of Berezino. This is simply because I want to slow people down and encourage them to explore the central portion of the map instead of rushing to the nearest city.

I would also like to explain my other idea which isn't illustrated in the picture - i.e normalized loot spawns. What do I mean by that? In my opinion it would be highly beneficial for the overall scavenging aspect of the game to reduce EVERY building's loot yield to "LOW" - I know this sounds extreme, but hear me out. I think that buildings spawn too many items, and while the spawnrate of certain items is certainly abnormally high, I think that this excess of loot - which is often found to be surplus anyway - is making the game too easy and basically teaches people to go from one "HIGH" or "MEDIUM" yield building to another, often skipping "LOW" yield buildings - as they're considered a waste of time.

This system would force players to explore more towns, especially up North where supplies are scarce. Applying this to the military loot, this would encourage players to move from military base to military base in hopes of SOME loot - not GUARANTEED gear like it is in the mod and now with barracks being overflowing loot piñatas. 

Anyway, this brings me to my next point. The blue circles. What do they mean? 

The blue circles are the rough areas of heli crash sites. The ones paying attention might have noticed they're quite far away from the shore - make no mistake, this is on purpose. As with most changes that I propose, I want people to go INLAND and away from spawns and the shore. Helis should offer chance of extremely rare weapons and gear but you should have to look for them in areas where other players might be lurking.

The heli crashes I have in mind aren't the ones from the vanilla mod! These crashes would spawn dynamically! That's right, this has been done in DayZero I believe. A damaged AI Huey would fly overhead and crash soon after. I think this is a very cool idea since it would encourage nearby players to converge on the heli's location, increasing the tension with every step taken towards the crash site, hoping that you're the first one there. This combined with the lack of helis (which I would personally like to see gone in the final release) would make the events even more special.

Onto my last point. Red squares. You probably guessed what these are. Military loot spawns!

But wait! What about the Balota and the military base North of Kamenka? They're gone! RIP. Bye. See ya later. High end military gear should NEVER be available to fresh spawns.

As you might've noticed I added 3 more military bases. One at Gorka would tie in nicely with the Gorka military base fan lore, and the two bases up North could be NATO ones. What's my reasoning for this? Simple. Spread the loot, encourage players to travel from base to base, increase chance of player interaction. In the mod NWAF was the end all be all looting place, cool idea, but it caused the airfield and surrounding areas to become overly populated comparing to the rest of the map. This system - combined with all buildings being of "LOW" yield would spread the player population.

There are also many other changes I would personally add - i.e ensure that guns - especially military grade ones - are very rare, bringing back some of the excitement to finding a military rifle. Ammo should also be rare - you should have to think twice before firing a shot.

Anyway, would be interesting to hear what you guys make of my ideas. I do realize that I have a strong bias towards the hardcore element of the game, but I feel that DayZ is the right hardcore game for my ideas.

Cheers.

• Like 7

I think the spawning in the east will be great, and you'll still be exploring smaller places like Msta and the like. Plus, with the new east-west axis they're adding in from Svetlojarsk to Lopatino, the map will be bordered by three corridors of towns/cities. Rather than just two if we were spawning in the south (i.e. the Cherno-Elektro corridor and Berezino-Svetlo corridor).

Rather than wholly displacing the military spawns north, I think just addressing the outliers would be best (i.e. NEAF if we're spawning in the east, and Balota if we're spawning in the south). But I do appreciate you linking it to the bit I wrote about Gorka. I've been considering the necessity of a Stary-like analog in light of the new police stations and the like in nearly every town, so it may not be necessary from a loot distribution point-of-view.

As with helicopter spawns, I definitely think their appearance should be biased toward the north and/or west, but I still want helicopter spawns to be able to be seen across the map.

To your bit about the loot, I think it doesn't necessarily need to be lowered across the board. I think it should become more prevalent as you move inland. Cities should be places where you can find a few basics, smaller towns inland should be where the real meat is, and then you have the military stuff in the west and/or north.

The only issue that I see with this approach is that you've got to encourage folks to go back to the cities. I don't want them to be wasted, but I don't want them to be the focus of attention 100% of the time.

I copied my post from the since-moved thread on moving the Dichina military spawns, seemed pertinent.

chernarus-plus-high-res11_zps8ee6cd16.jp

Legend

- Blue arrows represent the east-to-west axis of movement caused by easterly spawns

- Red diamonds indicate current locations which feature a barracks and/or a jail "camo" building

- The Yellow star in the corner represents where I believe they will add another military installation

- Green stars represent where I'd like to see a "mid-level" loot spawn

Comment

As you can see, or as I can see, having folks spawn along the east coast places most of the military spawns in the extreme west. The only real outlier being NEAF now.

The necessity for a "mid-level" Stary analog may not be as significant anymore, given that we're seeing police stations, office buildings, and other mid-level (but still high-value) buildings being placed in nearly every town. So it seems the objective is to get folks gearing up gradually, until they hit the western "military" spawns and gear up fully.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

Fair point about the cities. That's why it would be cool if medical supplies could only be obtained from the hospital - certain supplies i.e bloodbags.

• Like 1

1. We need more pistols, shotguns, Blaser, sporter on coast and less AKM, M4,SKS

2. Military bases should be swarmed with zombies, I mean realy swarmed - like 30 or 40 (civilians run to bases for last safe places and everybody got infected at one place)

3. Caned food rare - raw meat, vegetables spoiles over time

4. All kind of sickness

5. Random crashsites: a) vehicle convoys with low amount of weapons, but some other gear: clothes, MRE, backpacks, car parts for scaveging; b) heli crashes: medium gear (assoult rifles, ammo, radio, pilot helmets) c) crashed transport plane or war ship (one or two a week per server, atracts lots of zombies - dozens): all kind of loot, lots of ammo, rare weapons, can be spoted from far (atracts more players - PvP spots)

6. Hostile animals in woods - fire keeps them away but posible atracts zombies

7. Crafting, building and car maintence instructions in books (found only in cities)

• Like 1

Also, less food in cities - all looted early in outbreak (more hunting needed, people that make bases in cities must constantly go to woods for food, peple that camp in woods must go to cities for medical suplies, bateries, gas, propane, matches, ammo - police stations, gun shops with hunting gear Id like to see in future)

All that will make people to migrate around map.

• Like 2

Good Idea !

The thing everyone forgot now is game balance.

This is why I stopped play the game , becasue it's like this:

* Spawn

* Go to balota

* Gear up

* Kill

* Die

* Repeat

I think they should add more options for the players to chose.

One thing I really liked about the game is you have your freedom , you can go anywhere !

But what's the point going anywhere if there is nothing there right?

So players should make their decisions,

"do I want to go there and risk getting killed but getting high end gear?"

"Maybe I will go there and take a safer route i can find there  a lot of food and tools to help me survive "

" I can go there and then cut through her making my way much safer but also much longer, so I guess I will need some supplies before I go"

Instead of "I will go to balota to gear up and thats it becasue there is nothing else to do in the game right now"

Also the games lacks really basic things which should be the core gameplay of Dayz, like camping.

Starting a fireplace and a tent to store your food, hunting for animals..

I think the devs still don't get it , we don't care about the zombie AI right now, we delt with it before we can deal with it now.

we want the core gameplay of dayz, the things what made the DayZ Mod so great !

Also the games lacks really basic things which should be the core gameplay of Dayz, like camping.

Starting a fireplace and a tent to store your food, hunting for animals..

I've made a camp, went hunting and cooked the meat on the fire. you need to improvise camp atm tho, but its doable! I used the ruins near one of the castles.

But seriusly!! With the way the map currently is. There's a lot of military bases west-ish on the map. And Balota is HUGE compared to the mod. neaf is now the smallest airfield! Its only reasonable that we start on the east-side and work our way west!

And its a nice change of pace to get game! I kind of like it. I dont like the deathmatch, but i don't think spawn points solves that, there's been a lot of changes to them, yet the deathmatch lives on, its just changed its location. More content and more activities to do solves that problem i think.

Would never want to see Belota Mil Base gone, thats just terrible. With the way the game is being played right now, you spawn, you start to gather basic materials, then likely you are shot by a armed guy running the coast. If theres not a place to yield weapons more than other places alot of the people who sit at Belota and try and camp people for their beans, will then be forced to move to places like Elektro or Cherno. I dont really want to see MORE armed guys killing fresh spawns in Elektro, fresh spawns need to have a way to get enough gear to defend themselves, (if they plan on staying around the coast) and with Belota gone, there will be a lot more traffic in areas where police stations are, again causing more people to camp these locations.

Would never want to see Belota Mil Base gone, thats just terrible. With the way the game is being played right now, you spawn, you start to gather basic materials, then likely you are shot by a armed guy running the coast. If theres not a place to yield weapons more than other places alot of the people who sit at Belota and try and camp people for their beans, will then be forced to move to places like Elektro or Cherno. I dont really want to see MORE armed guys killing fresh spawns in Elektro, fresh spawns need to have a way to get enough gear to defend themselves, (if they plan on staying around the coast) and with Belota gone, there will be a lot more traffic in areas where police stations are, again causing more people to camp these locations.

Do you know why there are so much fresh spawns killers? because you get all the gear you want from the coast.

Someone who got all the gear they need from balota and cherno , what should they do next? kill other players.

Now if you had to go to the north side of the map to get this end game gear, and really work hard for it, I bet no one will want to run all the way back just to risk their life on some freshspawns.

Do you know why there are so much fresh spawns killers? because you get all the gear you want from the coast.

Someone who got all the gear they need from balota and cherno , what should they do next? kill other players.

Now if you had to go to the north side of the map to get this end game gear, and really work hard for it, I bet no one will want to run all the way back just to risk their life on some freshspawns.

Id rather spawn in get enough gear to actually survive the trip up north and loot the north then come back down and get into some PVP action. which is what i do.

I see a lot of good points made in this post and i would really like to see the DEV's read this and take some into consideration. A few issues but not major to me are the spawns, I like the southern aspect but there should still be East spawns available, maybe not as common but still in effect. My second issue is balota, guess you can say its not minor, I don't believe Balota should be removed at all, true it gives new spawns an advantage but it also gives a good loot point to fight over for Bambi's. Smart players though would just avoid Balota all together, gather loot in small towns and just make their way North. As for the heli crash's I'm once again thinking minor as in low end rigs may not be able to handle AI choppers flying low just to crash, a lot of activity for basic comp's to handle believe me i used to have one recently lol. All in all I love where your going with this and support its just some ideas i could personally live with out, just me and maybe some others that think that. Oh and as for loot it should be lower and less pristine but never bare bones or close to, one or two items per house would be nice, bigger houses maybe 4 or 5 (if 5 then 3 basic items and 2 medium maybe even an uncommon on rare occasions)

Id rather spawn in get enough gear to actually survive the trip up north and loot the north then come back down and get into some PVP action. which is what i do.

No. Get an axe and pray you got enough food to get up north. No easy mode here.

lol having light mil gear is not always easy mode, a pistol and a broken rifle can only do so much 

lol theres no easy mode, this is dayz, if you think things are too hard then go find another game dude

lol theres no easy mode, this is dayz, if you think things are too hard then go find another game dude

In his defense hes not saying that he wants things easier, he actually wants to make things harder ... no need to find another game 

I agree with you the best idea is military loot only in north side of island - that is a must for this game, we have to move PvP zones out of coast.

I would also love to see helicopters flying, I suggested it in one post too. But not sure if UH1, I would better like to see Mi-2 or Mi-8 in Chernarus. Maybe Mi-24 which would contain some special equipment.

I totally agree with changing loot spawns, I ignore small buildings too and often find many items as helmets and some tools etc. that I don't care about because they aren't rare at all. That should be fixed, I want to be happy that I found some helmet. Casual clothes and tools for all but more useful and protective tools very rare I would suggest.

• Like 1

You need to learn to read. You're the one asking for easier time. I'm telling you to man up and stop crying.

You need to learn to read. You're the one asking for easier time. I'm telling you to man up and stop crying.

when did i ask for easier time? i said it would be pointless if people can camp the coast with full gear and mow down fresh spawns since the freshies wouldnt be able to get loot. lol

when did i ask for easier time? i said it would be pointless if people can camp the coast with full gear and mow down fresh spawns since the freshies wouldnt be able to get loot. lol

this guy has a point i mean taking good loot from the coast is like making an open season of Bambi's easier to come by, i mean give them something to defend themselfs that doesn't involve getting up close to a guy that has 60 rounds to pump into you. As i said the guns dont have to be pristine just available to use to give new spawns a chance.

• Like 1