darklynx

Hacker taking control of players?

A group of 4 of us went on a mission to the NE airfield, I stayed up high over looking with a sniper while one other moved around to the right a bit and the other two went down to the control tower.

As player 1 and 2 were moving closer to the tower player 2 started to loose control of their character and watched as his switched to pistol and then shot the other player. We were chatting on teamspeak while this happened and I watched as the player 2's name changed to ROB. I opened fire and hit him a couple times with the AS50. He then turned to my direction (im in a gillee suit) and started firing. After hitting him 3 or 4 times in the head he went down.

The player who lost control had logged out to the lobby and when he relogged he was standing next to his body.

There was also no Rob in the server although I saw the Darklynx killed rob or whatever the message is and my murders didnt go up.

So can hackers take control of players now?

I doubt it, but I am no expert on how coding works. I've seen lots of hackers in many games, but never heard of anything like this.

i dont play that much anymore because of hackers, i mean whats the point in building a character that will die at any time from hacking...

i dont play that much anymore because of hackers' date=' i mean whats the point in building a character that will die at any time from hacking...

[/quote']

Your doing it wrong. Its alpha and the game is not a gear treadmill. Have fun, report bugs and laugh when you die.

Same thing happend yesterday to my brother on UK 87. We were running thru woods, and then he lost control of his character. In few seconds his character started shooting at me, and eventually killed me as i was running away. At that time, my bro allready was disconnected from server (as i saw what he was doing, as he sits next to me in the same room).

Few minutes later, all characters on this server died at the same time.

Sorry for no screenshots, as my steam was off (using beta shortcut to start)

OP: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19463&pid=203588#pid203588

EDIT: I noticed red AI survivor on player list

Lumber, this rarely ever happens.. Stay away from high pop servers it helps to avoid hackers.

Rarely happens? Wow, it was my first time in playing the game in over 3 months, i joined a server with my friend, were 9 people in the server and within 30 minutes my character name changed and started killing my friend and them my character killed itself...

I doubt it, but I am no expert on how coding works. I've seen lots of hackers in many games, but never heard of anything like this.

Its happened to me as well so you better start believing :(

i dont play that much anymore because of hackers, i mean whats the point in building a character that will die at any time from hacking...

As opposed to building a character that will be left to die when the stand alone is released?

Yea, I've had this happen to me personally. When it happens make sure you type in Side or whatever chat because the name that pops up will be the hackers and not yours.