c0ld vengeance

Stash Tent - Temporary Storage, accessed by all.

Hello All.

Im sure this has been said a million times before and most replies are that it will break the survival idea of the game, but please hear me out.

So the idea is easy: A tent, as an item you can find and set up at any location, It can hold many items, guns, clothes, food and will disappear when you leave the server and re-appear when you enter a server in the same place you left it.

But heres the catch. The tent can be access by anyone in the game (so you should choose your place to put it wisely) and heres the part that I think will work in regards to the games concept, once you die the tent is locked to the server in which you died and has a timeout placed upon it, say.. one real time hour.

Once the time expires, the tent and all its contents will disappear.

This would mean that when you die, its not a case of turning off the game to never play it again for months, but a panic race across the map to find it again!

This would also add a great addition to the game of looking/stumbling onto people stash tents! Something that would make me very happy and scared at the same time wondering if this person is nearby!

So food for thought. Let me know what you think?

• Like 1

No no no, why the hell the tent should disappear when you log out? Really nobody then could steal anything from it. It must stay there until someone explodes it or it is removed after dead like you said.

• Like 3

I didnt suggest leaving it inside the server as I personally usually never actually manage to get back into a server due to difficulties or being full.

Im sure this has been said a million times before

Hello there and welcome to the forums, as I can see it's your first post.

Please make sure to search before posting and make yourself familiar with what is confirmed to be coming (soon) already anyway.

Storage (whether that will be tents or fridges or stashes) will be accessible by all and won't be locked to anyone, not even when one dies. It will be specific to servers and will always be, same with vehicles.

Persistent Objects
  • All objects or just some?
  • Save state of everything
  • Decide which to permanently use

I suggest reading up on confirmed features.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182275-dayz-at-rezzed-2014-dev-sessions-livestream-roadmap/

Edited by kichilron

Hello there and welcome to the forums, as I can see it's your first post.

Please make sure to search before posting and make yourself familiar with what is confirmed to be coming (soon) already anyway.

Storage (whether that will be tents or fridges or stashes) will be accessible by all and won't be locked to anyone, not even when one dies. It will be specific to servers and will always be, same with vehicles.

I suggest reading up on confirmed features.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182275-dayz-at-rezzed-2014-dev-sessions-livestream-roadmap/

what would be the point of searching endlessly for car parts if the car doesn't follow you to a server?  I think the guy had a good idea.  Your backpack leaves with you.  your guns leave with you.  Why not just make the tent log out at the same time as the player and when they are in the server they are accessible until the player is fully logged out?  I think it's a great idea.  I sometimes come across 3 M4's and I don't want others to easily find that M4 to kill me with so I take it and drop it in a field so no one will ever find it.  Why not allow the player to save his loot?  I'd do this in real life.  I'd stock pile guns and ammunition and block off entire areas with friends to hold people out.   

I see nothing wrong with how we store loot now.

when loot get scarce again, you'll see how bullshit is the actual system.

If this is a simulation, it should follow the IRL logic, right? 

IRL you'll spend 24/7 "online", so you can guard your shit if you want, on the game there will just be no point in storing gear just for hackers or no-lifes with a chopper find it out.

Just see how it was in the mod, and you'll see what i'm talking about. The system that is in place just doesnt work.

I see nothing wrong with how we store loot now.

I just find thats its amazingly annoying to not have place to store items. In real life, you would have a safehouse to return to, the problem with it staying in the server after you leave is that its more or less guaranteed to be gone when you log in again, making it pretty pointless.

Good idea, anyway tent can't stay on server after we disconnect, server don''t communicate each others, which mean that if you enter a server, have a tent in it, switch server and get killed, the first server will keep your tent here, which is not a good idea.

But the tent can in fact stay in the server after we leave it it won't cause any issue for the same reason that the timer is not useful, server will restart ! Server never stay h24 online, they restart, first reason is for respawn zombie and loot, but yes tent should disappear while we disconnect & stay (until restart i think will be better) while we die !

About the catch, well, okay, but only if we can have a "protected" tent model as well, some simple one such as craftable one that is accessible for everyone, and better one such as military/camping one that is not accessible except for you, cause with all the troll in can find in game, how many people will just have fun to simply try out our grenade/ammo without even have need of them, situation not really possible in real life, a hard to find but not accessible model is i think important as well !