kyzawarrior

Picked unlimited ammo mag

1. Bohemia would not agree to fix the mags if they did not think it was a problem. They think it is at this point, so what are you arguing about?

2. Go after the hackers, not the collateral damage.

3. A player should NEVER be punished in an unfair manner for another's misdeeds. It's as if you got VAC banned for going into a cracked lobby.

Edited by hotcakes

Anything that's not forbidden in the rules is fair game. Once you realize that you can actually start improving at whatever game you're playing.

There is nothing on wall glitching yet. I don't think DayZ has gameplay guidelines yet, because I only remember agreeing to the BE EULA.

If something is a problem, fix the problem. Don't bullshit the players. This is a common fallacy I hear in competitive games.

That "there is no law for it, thus it's not bad" mindset is a bit concerning. Do you really need someone above you to tell you what's right and wrong at all times (apparently even ranging into using stolen cars)? Have you no ability to think for yourself or are you just that unvirtuous? Maybe both? 

Edited by The End.
  • Like 1

And that "there is no law for it, thus it's not bad" mindset is a bit concerning.

What's even more concerning is that people instantly mirror the laws and morals of a video game to real life.

Can't complain about hackers, if you use their gear to get an advantage yourself. 

Video games are still not real life. You might need to check your virtues. Do you think killing in DayZ is wrong?

That "there is no law for it, thus it's not bad" mindset is a bit concerning. Do you really need someone above you to tell you what's right and wrong at all times (apparently even ranging into using stolen cars)? Have you no ability to think for yourself or are you just that unvirtuous? Maybe both? 

No morals bro or code of conduct. I'm not above killing players. I am above doing it in such a manner where my victim has 0 chance of defending himself. There is no honor, no sport in it. 

• Like 1

Anything that's not forbidden in the rules is fair game. Once you realize that you can actually start improving at whatever game you're playing.

There is nothing on wall glitching yet. I don't think DayZ has gameplay guidelines yet, because I only remember agreeing to the BE EULA.

If something is a problem, fix the problem. Don't bullshit the players. This is a common fallacy I hear in competitive games.

Ok, I understand your viewpoint now.

However an exploit is an exploit.

It's like finding loop holes in the law to get away with doing things that would normally be considered illegal.

I recently learned that the part of the brain that harbors common sense isn't developed until around the age of 25. Maybe that's the problem here.

Edited by Strawman

What's even more concerning is that people instantly mirror the laws and morals of a video game to real life.

Isn't it just common sense that cheating ruins the game for others and ultimately causes the entire game to go to hell? I'm not saying players who pick up hacked gear should be punished. I'm saying they should leave it and move on. It's cheating, it's wrong.

I don't take anything from dupers/hackers bodies.  I just immediately hide them.

Don't perpetuate this shit, have some integrity.

• Like 2

All this blood boil from facts I stated to the OP.

There's no blood boiling on my part at least. I'm just trying to understand how you can consider things ok that would be considered imoral by the vast majority.

I recently learned that the part of the brain that harbors common sense isn't developed until around the age of 25. Maybe that's the problem here.

It's against common sense to use the most efficient methods to complete a task (using hacked mags in this case)?

Also if you're interested in maintaining a credible forum identity I suggest you stop with those personal attacks.

Really? I thought it was 21. 

No morals bro or code of conduct. I'm not above killing players. I am above doing it in such a manner where my victim has 0 chance of defending himself. There is no honor, no sport in it. 

Now that's virtuous, good sir!

It's against common sense to use the most efficient methods to complete a task (using hacked mags in this case)?

Also if you're interested in maintaining a credible forum identity I suggest you stop with those personal attacks.

No, because that's cheating. You're using an item with almost infinite ammo, you're no better than then person who hacked the item into the game in the first place.

• Like 3

Isn't it just common sense that cheating ruins the game for others and ultimately causes the entire game to go to hell? I'm not saying players who pick up hacked gear should be punished. I'm saying they should leave it and move on. It's cheating, it's wrong.

How the hell do you think competitive gameplay progresses once everyone is on top of Mt. Everest? Sometimes, players turn to strategizing bugs in the game engine.

It's sincerely one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I'm not implying Dayz is a type of game this would work on, but I fully stand by this way of forward-thinking.

How is it a personal attack to consider the fact that a difference in age might be the reason why we view this differently? If you took that as an attack I apologise. It certainly wasn't meant as such.

To use the most effective method to complete a task within the intended scope of the game is perfectly fine. However unlimited ammo mags aren't intended to be in the game or Bohemia would have added them in themselves. Therefor they're not "within the intended scope" since they were introduced into the game through means that haven't been made available to you by Bohemia. Using your argument would make hacking a perfectly valid tactic in the game as well.

• Like 3

How the hell do you think competitive gameplay progresses once everyone is on top of Mt. Everest? Sometimes, players turn to strategizing bugs in the game engine.

It's sincerely one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I'm not implying Dayz is a type of game this would work on, but I fully stand by this way of forward-thinking.

I think it's pathetic.  Create legitimate strategies, don't exploit glitches.  That's called cheating.

• Like 2

Really? I thought it was 21.

According to the lecturer of a seminar on memory that I went to last week it's later. I better cross check though. He may have been wrong although I doubt it (he's the coach of the national memory team).

Those are small bugs or sleezy tactics, like using FOV to get that bit of extra zoom you needed. You have to admit that those also lessen the gameplay. 

Anyway, this is a relatively big exploit, I'd almost call it hacking. 

It's against common sense to use the most efficient methods to complete a task (using hacked mags in t case)?

Yes.

• Like 1

Devs merk something as problem ---> Fix problem

Devs think something is cool ---> Leave it in so gameplay can advance.

This is the thinking that caused the TF2 Spy to be a thing, or rocket jumping to exist. Bunny hopping has come and gone, but it was cool while it was a thing. This isn't rocket science.

No hotcakes, hacked mags are not the fucking same as rocket jumping or the Spy. Not in the fucking slightest. 

Jesus, it's like you hit your head very hard at a very young age.