kyzawarrior

Picked unlimited ammo mag

Hello,

we've been pretty equiped with friends so we decided to go for 40man server and enjoy some fun in Berezino. I've met a hacker on stairs in apartment building and we killed each other ... My friend took his weapon and then he gave it to me. I found out there was some strange number in magazine (M4a1) and i logged out.

Now I am scared that when I'll join somewhere I'll get banned via BattleEye ....

Do you have any experiences with that guys ?

Edited by kyza

You don't need to worry about Battle Eye if you don't use it. My advice, just dispose of the hacked ammo. Either throw it in the ocean, or put it on a dead body, then "hide" the body.

Edit: Good job killing the hacker! :thumbsup: 

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 4

thats been happening a lot lately. hackers are using engines to change the value of the ammo from lets say 30 rounds to any amount they want.

• Like 1

Read the BattlEye support page. You cannot be banned by BE for using hacked items someone else made.

By the way, infinity mags are getting fixed next patch anyways. It's in Rocket's Twitter. Use them if you want.

By the way, infinity mags are getting fixed next patch anyways. It's in Rocket's Twitter. Use them if you want.

Um, good form? I'd say don't use them. No matter if they were picked off the body of a hacker, it's still cheating to use it imo. Do what Odin Lowe suggested and remove it from the game.

• Like 9

Cheating to you, still not cheating to BattlEye.

True. But would you use a stolen car if the law didn't prevent it?

True. But would you use a stolen car if the law didn't prevent it?

yes.

• Like 3

I would. That's how incorrect things get fixed.

If nobody bloody used the mags, then it would be pointless for them to be fixed. Think of it as encouragement for the dev team and BE to do things.

• Like 2

yes.

You do know that it still would belong to someone else, right? And that person would most likely want their car back?

In this case Bohemia didn't intend for unlimited ammo mags to be in the game and wouldn't want them to be used either.

I would. That's how incorrect things get fixed.

If nobody bloody used the mags, then it would be pointless for them to be fixed. Think of it as encouragement for the dev team and BE to do things.

Or you can simply report the situation on the feedback tracker and get rid of the mag.

Do you think the government and society would look favorably on you doing obvious imoral things just because they aren't specifically prohibited by law?

Edited by Strawman
  • Like 1

So let Bohemia fix the mags so people cannot use them.

/thread

And how do you signal Bohemia that there is something in the game that needs fixing?

Hint: It's the feedback tracker.

But I'm not governed by the people, I'm governed by the government (which is based on the will of the people). If something is an issue, there will be a law for it.

Literally using strawman arguments.

yes.

Cheating to you, still not cheating to BattlEye.

You two aren't exactly virtuous, are you?

• Like 4

But I'm not governed by the people, I'm governed by the government (which is based on the will of the people). If something is an issue, there will be a law for it.

Literally using strawman arguments.

That's not what a "Strawman argument" means. But I digress.

You're saying that in your opinion it's ok to use something that's illegally created because it isn't prevented in any way, and to do that to show the game developers that it's wrong and they need to get some sort of prevention in place? Am I understanding you correctly?

Anyways, I actually browse the bug trackers and the magazines have already been brought up many times.

No need to bring up the bug tracker.

That's not what a "Strawman argument" means. But I digress.

You're saying that in your opinion it's ok to use something that's illegally created because it isn't prevented in any way, and to do that to show the game developers that it's wrong and they need to get some sort of prevention in place? Am I understanding you correctly?

if BE doesnt think its wrong and is pretty much allowing you to use it (so long as you are not the one who put it in) then why do you think it is wrong. 

if BE doesnt think its wrong and is pretty much allowing you to use it (so long as you are not the one who put it in) then why do you think it is wrong. 

But they apparently think it's wrong or they wouldn't be trying to fix it.

Time to strawman!

Why would you smoke marijuana even though it's legal? It's very bad!

Time to strawman!

Why would you smoke marijuana even though it's legal? It's very bad!

You're not making sense.

Literally your argument.

Ok, you better look up the word "literal" because it doesn't mean what I think you think it means.

It's clearly not legal to hack in DayZ, I'm sure you agree on that. So why would it be morally right to use hacked items simply because Bohemia hasn't managed to get a fix in place yet that prevents it? And how do you suggest it alerts them to the problem by using the hacked items?

• Like 1

Literally your argument.

It really isn't...

You have to stop pretenting that this isn't glitching/hacking/cheating and that using it, though without consequence, is also cheating

• Like 1

So hotcakes, since the wall glitch in many buildings is just a glitch, it's okay and fair to use it? Is that not considered cheating? Exploiting? 

You gain an unfair advantage over others through illicit means. 

You're a derp hotcakes.