Andy Red

Randomized Very Basic Spawn Loot

Ok, so there's New Re-spawn Points, New Craft-able Items, Hunting, Cooking and Fishing. All of these things are great and for newer players when fresh spawning are going to make the game a lot more interesting and a little less risky to play (especially when more Zombies get added) as you should be able to survive in the wild for a while before making it to a city.

Today I've been playing and 3 times in a row Respawned in an area that was just rocks, mountains, hills and deserted roads. Now for a Social Gamer like me this is my worst nightmare, I couldn't find any Buildings at all after 30 minutes roaming, not even a sign post and I just end up dieing of starvation.

I'm all for the 'Realism' mode but let's face it... this is not very Realistic. WTF am I doing in the middle of no where with just a Flashlight? If the Apocalypse has been going on for so long for that everyone in the Cities are dead/zombied and for there to be almost no supplies left in houses because they've already been scavenged to death then how I am still alive with only a Flashlight in hand?

I'm not saying I want a Map, Gun, Ammo, Clothing, Decent Melee Weapon and loadsa Food. All I want is maybe a Knife, Half Drunk Flask of Water and a Half used Box of Matches.

With this I can at least then forage for sticks, make some kind of Spear Stick and try and hunt. Then make a fireplace by finding dry sticks, maybe some dry moss for tinder and use a match to light it to cook up some dinner - all hopefully before I starve to death.

Then make a Small Pouch or Clothing Item out of the Hide/Skin/Fur using some Vines from Trees.

I think that part of the Server Settings should Include the option for New Re-Spawns to have options for Random Loot Spawns.

So like:

Normal: Light Basics -

• Worn Bloodstained Knife
  • Half Filled Drink
  • Half Box of Matches

Normal: Medium Basics -

• Worn Bloodstained Knife
  • Half Filled Drink
  • Half Box of Matches
  • Medium Chance of a Machete/Axe/PickAxe etc
  • Medium Chance of Extra Clothing ie a Jacket, Hat, Small Bag/Pouch.

Normal: High Basics -

• Worn Knife
  • Half Filled Drink
  • Half Box of Matches
  • Random Melee
  • Random Clothing (Gloves, Hat, Jacket)
  • Small Chance of Small Bag/Pouch
  • Small Chance of Rope/Compass

Hardcore: No Basics -

• Flashlight
  • Like 1

Ultra Hardcore.

Nothing...no pants, Tshirt or shoes.

Like a Hangover movie.

• Like 2

Ultra Hardcore.

Nothing...no pants, Tshirt or shoes.

Like a Hangover movie.

Ultra Hardcore Starting Player Stats -

"You are Sick... the contents looks like Fast Food and Beer"

"You feel Light Headed and your Vision is Blurred"

Edited by Andy Red
  • Like 1

Ultra Hardcore Starting Player Stats -

"You are Sick... the contents looks like Fast Food and Beer"

"You feel Light Headed and your Vision is Blurred"

"You feel sick"

"You have a new tattoo"

"You have a sore ass"

• Like 2

"New Survivor Added to your Party - Mike Tyson"

"New Pet Added to your Party - Mike Tyson's Tiger"

"New Item Found in your Backpack - Rufies"

Let's go have some fun ;-)

I like the idea, it will help fresh spawns but may also deter them. An unarmed player is less likely to be killed than one with a jacket and a pickaxe. 

• Like 1

"You feel sick"

"You have a new tattoo"

"You have a sore ass"

Yes, I'm down for this...as to the OP, I played a few like that on the MOD and I always got bored.  I personally like the starting moments where I have to figure out where I am, I have to address basic needs and make calls as to what I carry (because I have limited inventory space)   Personally, its part of what I like about the game....survival.