stielhandgranate

Ammo Calibration : Poll & Discussion

Do you care if ingame weapons fire the correct ammo or not?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if ingame weapons fire the correct ammo or not?

• Yes, give all guns the correct ammo
    • No, it does not particularly matter

*GASP* I want both! Like I said, a game like DayZ the little things matter. I brought up the mod because guess what, we're the ones who fucking popularized the game. I told my friends about it, they told their friends about it. Next thing you know the game is incredibly popular. The game that was a huge niche, even though it was incredibly difficult for people to get into, people kept at it and enjoyed themselves. Then they told their friends about it and so on and so forth. A lot of people were waiting on the SA to release before they got into DayZ, then you add to the fact that people have been looking for a zombie SURVIVAL game explains why it took off the way it did. Then you have the new blood, the people who have only heard about and played the standalone. These people have no idea what DayZ was about. The game us mod veterans were promised, and why we supported the team like we have. We don't want them shooting themselves in the foot. Casuals come and go, but the fans stay to the end. If you want your true fans to stick around and not be disillusioned is to keep the promises that were made and not make concessions to a group of players who quite franky couldn't give a damn either way. 

Not the red underlined I.

You want both, the majority doesn't so it doesn't need to be in the game for most people who play it to enjoy the game.

I'm not sure why you think ammo variety would make the game suddenly more popular.

DayZ already offers a very different experience from the typical casual games, if people play it they're going to enjoy what it has already not be like "Oh my god this gun doesn't even use the right type of ammo, LAWL that is hilarious" since they're going to be used to all assault rifle ammo being "assault rifle ammo" not 5.56mm or whatever, name a casual game that differentiates.

Fact is, most of the player base casual, DayZ offers a variety like no other game they've played already one or two unrealistic features are hardly going to turn them off when they've been playing CoD or Battlefield with it's magical regeneration and whatnot.

Making sense yet?

I don't mean to put you down by saying you or anyone else is in the minority but well...you are. As soon as DayZ hit Steam it opened up to a much larger community than those who played the mod which was in a sense more of an "underground" title or niche as you said, it's not any more I'm pretty sure it's even advertised on Steam it's not something people have to hear about from friends it's common knowledge in the gamer community.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

I really cannot fathom why anyone would want anything streamlined aka dumbed down in dayz or any game for that matter.

Ammo and weapons should be rare and hard to come by and guess what having correct calibers on each and every weapon is one surefire way of doing that.

Not the red underlined I.

You want both, the majority doesn't so it doesn't need to be in the game.

How could you possibly know that ? Seriously ? how ?

Fact is, most of the player base casual, DayZ offers a variety like no other game they've played already one or two unrealistic features are hardly going to turn them off when they've been playing CoD or Battlefield with it's magical regeneration and whatnot.

Really so you are telling me that most of the player base for an early access game that steamed from a mod for a very niche Modern day military simulator are casual gamers ?

Don't be so daft the grand majority of people who play dayz are anything but casual.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

How could you possibly know that ? Seriously ? how ?

Maybe because it is fact that more deemed "casual" players have the game than "hardcore" players who played the mod.

The people who played the mod are pretty much the only people who give a damn that's why Rocket or whoever it was says most people don't, the "casual" people don't, "casual" = majority so yeah not hard to work out.

DayZ is a common game now, it may have a more than casual variety but it's not for some elite sect of "hardcore" gamers.

It's up to the fans whether or not they want to stick with the more casual experience or go back to the mod. You care we don't.

Maybe because it is fact that more deemed "casual" players have the game than "hardcore" players who played the mod.

The people who played the mod are pretty much the only people who give a damn that's why Rocket or whoever it was says most people don't, the "casual" people don't, "casual" = majority so yeah not hard to work out.

DayZ is a common game now, it may have a more than casual variety but it's not for some elite sect of "hardcore" gamers.

It's up to the fans whether or not they want to stick with the more casual experience or go back to the mod. You care we don't.

Absolutely nothing suggests that the majority of the players that play dayz are casuals.

It is a fucking pc game for gods sake. To even gaming on a pc you have to be sort of hardcore.

If this was a console game sure you could argue most people were casuals but its a Early access PC game how in the world could you possibly argue that most people consist of occasional gamers and casuals.

Casuals do not buy Early access games on steam, casuals do not help test alphas, casuals simply do not even purchase a game like dayz.

And you're a part of the problem. Would you still play if the game was harder, more challenging and unforgiving? I know a hell of a lot of casuals who would continue to play, they want the game to be harder, more complex. I use the term casual in the sense that player may only play 1 hour a day, over the course of a few days. I'm casual in that sense too, I just consolidate my play time into 1 solid chunk. We play the same amount of hours in a week, his is just more spread out, mine is consolidated. Also, I find it funny how you basically act like you speak for the "silent majority" the silent majority will play even if the game is easymode, or if the game is insanely hard. So, why the fuck don't we actually get what we were promised instead of trying to make the game more accessible and easy? All that does is turn the original fanbase away from the game.

trying to make the game more accessible and easy? All that does is turn the original fanbase away from the game.

Yea making it easy and accessible for this mythical casual gamer player base that somehow exists.

I highly doubt these casual players exist not only within Dayz but on steam.

You simply don't spend good money building a gaming pc to be a casual gamer. If you are a casual gamer you game on consoles simple as that.

• Like 1

And you're a part of the problem.

I'm part of your problem perhaps. And that's not my problem.

Absolutely nothing suggests that the majority of the players that play dayz are casuals.

It is a fucking pc game for gods sake. To even gaming on a pc you have to be sort of hardcore.

If this was a console game sure you could argue most people were casuals but its a Early access PC game how in the world could you possibly argue that most people consist of occasional gamers and casuals.

Casuals do not buy Early access games on steam, casuals do not help test alphas, casuals simply do not even purchase a game like dayz.

Lol PC gaming is hardcore? Whatever bro. It's not hard to buy or play PC games at all you must be part of the "elites" ha ha ha...

You can play PC and be casual, it's possible, there are casual games on PC.

Battlefield and CoD are still on PC and guess what, people play them!

More people have bought the Standalone than have ever played the mod.

If we assume every person who got the mod bought the Standalone then yes the "casuals" who never played the mod are in the majority and the majority takes the priority(unintentional rhyme I promise) DayZ is a product they cater to who gives them the most money, if you think DayZ is different from any other game you're wrong at the end of the day the goal is still money.

We're helping testing the alpha? You must be confused, most people just want to play DayZ.

Have you ever seen how many people complain about the game being broken on this very forum?

Evidence enough that people probably don't even understand what early access entails. You're lying if you say you haven't seen people say shit like "I can't believe they call this a game what a rip-off it's not even finished!"

You mod players need to realize you're outnumbered by people who didn't play the mod.

And they play DayZ because 1 it has zombies and zombies are popular 2 it's supposed to be realistic and better than other shooters.

You mod players need to realize you're outnumbered by people who didn't play the mod.

And they play DayZ because 1 it has zombies and zombies are popular 2 it's supposed to be realistic and better than other shooters.

What you need to realize is that even those new players who did not play the mod probably hold the same gameplay elements and emphasis on realism with as much importance as the mod players.

Be honest with yourself do you honestly believe joe casual who just took up gaming a few years ago and doesn't know crap about gaming would buy dayz ?

It requires a certain type of hardcore player to even purchase dayz this casual dickfuckery is stupid. The sheer thought that these mythical players are playing dayz makes me laugh.

What doesn't is the fact that the game is being affected by these made up players and as a result the game is suffering.

Edited by gibonez

I'm part of your problem perhaps. And that's not my problem.

Lol PC gaming is hardcore? Whatever bro. It's not hard to buy or play PC games at all you must be part of the "elites" ha ha ha...

You can play PC and be casual, it's possible, there are casual games on PC.

Battlefield and CoD are still on PC and guess what, people play them!

More people have bought the Standalone than have ever played the mod.

If we assume every person who got the mod bought the Standalone then yes the "casuals" who never played the mod are in the majority and the majority takes the priority(unintentional rhyme I promise) DayZ is a product they cater to who gives them the most money, if you think DayZ is different from any other game you're wrong at the end of the day the goal is still money.

We're helping testing the alpha? You must be confused, most people just want to play DayZ.

Have you ever seen how many people complain about the game being broken on this very forum?

Evidence enough that people probably don't even understand what early access entails. You're lying if you say you haven't seen people say shit like "I can't believe they call this a game what a rip-off it's not even finished!"

Sorry, this isn't a subscription based MMO. They don't have to cater to anyone. "Casuals" or "Hardcore" players. What they need to do is stick to the vision and deliver the game we were promised, not this cater to the lowest common denominator shit. You buy this game once, they already have the casuals money, they also already have the hardcore's money. You make the game harder and people don't like it? Guess what, they already have the cash. I didn't buy this game on promises that it would be easy and non-complex. I bought it based on the promises that rocket would stick to the vision of what DayZ was in essence. 

They shouldn't be catering to any group of player. They should be catering to what DayZ is supposed to be.

I think what many "gun enthusiasts" need to understand is, that a lot of people don't share their hobby and don't care too much whether a gun is chambered in 7.62x51 or 7.62x54 or whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for comprehensive and harsh gameplay that is as realistic as possible. And i assume most of the above mentioned people are as well.

However they don't share your enthusiasm about rifles, pistols, cartridges etc....

Streamlining a few calibers does not mean dumbing down the game. It means sacrificing some realism for other parts of the gameplay.

While realism to a certain extent is very important to a game like this, it is still a game and a balance has to be found.

If the game was as accurate in all other aspects as you want it to be in the gun department it would become very complicated and bloated. And now that would mean dumbing down the game.

Just think about the aforementioned fishing, then carring items, the upcoming vehicles, sleeping and other bodily functions, damage and health system, melee combat.......

Also gentlemen do you consider yourself a casual gamer ?

I think what many "gun enthusiasts" need to understand is, that a lot of people don't share their hobby and don't care too much whether a gun is chambered in 7.62x51 or 7.62x54 or whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for comprehensive and harsh gameplay that is as realistic as possible. And i assume most of the above mentioned people are as well.

However they don't share your enthusiasm about rifles, pistols, cartridges etc....

Streamlining a few calibers does not mean dumbing down the game. It means sacrificing some realism for other parts of the gameplay.

While realism to a certain extent is very important to a game like this, it is still a game and a balance has to be found.

If the game was as accurate in all other aspects as you want it to be in the gun department it would become very complicated and bloated. And now that would mean dumbing down the game.

Just think about the aforementioned fishing, then carring items, the upcoming vehicles, sleeping and other bodily functions, damage and health system, melee combat.......

It does not even have to do with realism at the end of the day.

Having stream lined ammo simply means having less options and diversity in t he game along with that it makes finding ammo far easier.

Even the addition of 1 new caliber exponentially makes it harder to load a gun up with the right caliber. Like countless people have said before its a gameplay issue, having streamlined calibers makes the game easier.

Sorry, this isn't a subscription based MMO. They don't have to cater to anyone.

They shouldn't be catering to any group of player. They should be catering to what DayZ is supposed to be.

Meaning they don't have to cater to the people who want authentically varied ammo i.e. you.

They should be doing whatever gets them the most money, that's how business works this isn't some romantically put together game for the sake of the die hard fans it's a game put together for profit, like...pretty much all games today.

What is DayZ supposed to be? It's never supposed to be 100% realistic and they never said it would be. Plus things change, a promise was broken? Boo hoo.

Meaning they don't have to cater to the people who want authentically varied ammo i.e. you.

They should be doing whatever gets them the most money, that's how business works this isn't some romantically put together game for the sake of the die hard fans it's a game put together for profit, like...pretty much all games today.

What is DayZ supposed to be? It's never supposed to be 100% realistic and they never said it would be.

And they made their fucking profit. By a long shot of what they were expecting. Making the game harder doesn't decrease profit, like wise making the game easier won't increase profit. People will buy the game based upon it's promises and merits and so far it has only delivered on a few of them. Explain to me, why are you so vehemently against varied ammo? Is it because you want to be able to log in, grab a gun and ammo, run to the coast and PvP? Because that's how it seem to be where you're making your stand. Don't give me the "Hurr duurr no one is a gun XPERT and know all da ammo evur" it's as simple as "Mosin Nagant- Chambered in 7.62x54R. Add in 7.62x54R now a whole new caliber is added to the spawns. Dem "casuals" sure are gonna have a fit because... because why exactly? 

Edited by Daemonkid

-snip-

Nope, I don't consider myself a casual gamer. I spend way too much time on gaming to be one. I also enjoyed playing dwarf fortress, which certainly is not a casual game by any means ^^

I can understand that you are all for more details in a part of the game that you are particularly interested in.

I also have to agree that having more calibers makes the game harder and more realistic, which I approve of.

However, there are cases where the streamlining makes sense. If i recall correctly one of the tweets stated, that for example blaze and mosin would use different kinds of ammo if the game was 100% realistic. I think in cases like this one, where ammo, as well as the gun are rather similiar and fill the same role streamlining makes perfect sense.

Discriminating between the two wouldn't add much to the realistic feel of the game, while making it unnecessarily complicated.

Ammo can still be very rare and diverse while streamlined in some cases.

I'll repeat myself here and state that trying to be absolutely accurate and realistic in every department can be dentrimental to a game, even if it is realism centered.

Sometimes trade-offs have to be made.

Edited by Buffaloe
  • Like 1

That for example blaze and mosin would use different kinds of ammo if the game was 100% realistic. I think in cases like this one, where ammo, as well as the gun are rather similiar and fill the same role streamlining makes perfect sense.

Except they don't really fill the same role. The blaze at this point in time is pretty much a gun you pick up if you can't find anything else, since the ammunition is the same as the Mosin, and 7.62 is quite plentiful. Most people will ditch the Blaze for the Mosin since the Mosin is superior in almost every respect. But now, say the added in 54R, and gave the blaze it's correct ammunition type, you create situations that dictate necessity, you have more blaze ammo, but the mosin is better, yet you have less Mosin ammo than the blaze. While the blaze may only have 2 shots, you have ammo to spare incase you miss a shot, while with the Mosin you have less and mistakes are less forgiving. Ya' know what I mean? 

And they made their fucking profit. By a long shot of what they were expecting. Making the game harder doesn't decrease profit, like wise making the game easier won't increase profit. People will buy the game based upon it's promises and merits and so far it has only delivered on a few of them. Explain to me, why are you so vehemently against varied ammo? Is it because you want to be able to log in, grab a gun and ammo, run to the coast and PvP? Because that's how it seem to be where you're making your stand. Don't give me the "Hurr duurr no one is a gun XPERT and know all da ammo evur" it's as simple as "Mosin Nagant- Chambered in 7.62x54R. Add in 7.62x54R now a whole new caliber is added to the spawns. Dem "casuals" sure are gonna have a fit because... because why exactly? 

And you know what they're job is? To make even more money. How old are you? Because I'm only 20 and even I understand that it all comes down to money in the end, business is business if more people want streamlined ammo that's the way it's going to be, they're not going to waste time catering to the minority it would be like if world leaders listened to the small percentage of people who think a rollercoaster should be built through their house.

I don't want it because there's shit loads of guns to be added to limit them to say 8 calibres means that only guns with those calibres can be added, I want a variety to guns.

That or they add many guns with different calibres and have all the different calibres in the game, what would be enjoyable about that?

And FYI I don't even bother with PvP only when people take me on or they might be trouble, I still need ammo for hunting. If I find rifle A that needs rifle ammo A and I only find rifle ammo B and no rifle B for hours and hours well that's fucking annoying. If there were shit tons of calibres then it would all need to be balanced out and it would be pointlessly difficult to deal with non PvP aspects and even harder to deal with PvP aspects.

Picture this, you play legit, no server hopping you've been looking for rifle ammo A for hours now and have found no other guns with matching ammo because there are fuck loads of calibres and not what you want because you have the most common rifle and all the ammo for it is pretty much gone or rare as fuck.

And then asshole number 1 strolls down the street, he's server hopped like a bitch and has an M4 with a full inventory of mags, morphine and bandages.

You're totally fucking helpless and why? Because authenticity that's why!

It being authentically difficult gives people who bullshit the system with server hopping a phenomenally huge advantage over everyone who's legitimately struggling to find the right ammo or gun they need.

So yeah explain the high points to making a small amount of guns in the game with different calibres or a large amount of guns with different calibres, a small amount would have too little variety while a large amount would be ridiculous.

Streamlining fixes this issue, we can have as many guns as we want in the game and that variety is what people mostly want, not ammo.

-snip-

They might not fit the same role right now, since the mosin also doubles as the current sniper rifle. But once we get more guns that will change. And there the problem starts. Once the amount of guns goes up, the interesting decision process you mention, can quickly grow into a tiresome, complicated mess.

Also, once there are more guns this decision making will be there as well, not on the microscopic level of mosin vs. blaze, but for example shotgun vs mosin, or mosin vs. some hunting rifle which can now mount a scope while the mosin cant.

It would still be rather realistic and promote decision-making, while also avoiding to overcomplicate the game. Keep in mind that there are other aspects to the game than just guns.

edit:

And you know what they're job is? To make even more money. How old are you? Because I'm only 20 and even I understand that it all comes down to money in the end, business is business if more people want streamlined ammo that's the way it's going to be, they're not going to waste time catering to the minority it would be like if world leaders listened to the small percentage of people who think a rollercoaster should be built through their house.

While I agree with most of your post, I hope that at least some game makers also have different goals than only making money.

Artistic goals, like realizing your vision for the game, and I do think this is the case with the team behind dayz, they are not simply going to cater to a group they consider the economically most worthwhile one.

Edited by Buffaloe

Picture this, you play legit, no server hopping you've been looking for rifle ammo A for hours now and have found no other guns with matching ammo because there are fuck loads of calibres and not what you want because you have the most common rifle and all the ammo for it is pretty much gone or rare as fuck.

And then asshole number 1 strolls down the street, he's server hopped like a bitch and has an M4 with a full inventory of mags, morphine and bandages.

You're totally fucking helpless and why? Because authenticity that's why!

Totally fucking helpless? What are you, dumb? What the fuck were you doing out on the street in the first place? Second, even if he has spotted you, what the actual fuck is preventing you from zigzaging from house to house avoiding him and trying to break LoS. After you break LoS you seek to get away from him. Just because you couldn't find any ammo doesn't mean you're fucking helpless. Or using a melee weapon and ambushing him if you so get the chance. There is multiple ways to kill players in DayZ besides a firearm.

Also, QQ more. You're not in the majority about this. Stop acting like you're an ambassador for the "Silent majority" you don't know what they want, maybe they want realistic calibers? Maybe they don't? You act like you're their voice, when you damn well don't have a clue what the fuck they want. 

Also, don't give me that shit that making the game easier is going to increase sales. It's not, if anything it will severely impact long term sales. 

Edited by Daemonkid

-snip-

I think you guys should cool it down a little.

There is no point in personally attacking each other or proclaming to have a majority behind you. Forum goers themselfes are a only special fraction of the actual player population, so polls here have little significance when it comes to the the whole community.

However I doubt anyone of us has reliable figures about the community as a whole.

Edited by Buffaloe
  • Like 1

I think you guys should cool it down a little.

There is no point in personally attacking each other or proclaming to have a majority behind you. Forum goers themselfes are a only special fraction of the actual player population, so polls here have little significance when it comes to the the whole community.

However I doubt anyone of us has reliable figures about the community as a whole.

From one of the DayZ standalone facebook pages(Like 18k people). I can gleam that most players are just noobs, not "casuals" as this argument seems to be on about.

They're just not used to the game and don't understand all the mechanics yet. That is all, they just need to learn.

It doesn't make sense to load a gun with wrong ammo, so bring it in. I'm ready to search for the right ammo for my gun.

• Like 2

From one of the DayZ standalone facebook pages(Like 18k people). I can gleam that most players are just noobs, not "casuals" as this argument seems to be on about.

They're just not used to the game and don't understand all the mechanics yet. That is all, they just need to learn.

And let us teach them to whine for perfect authenticity instead of accepting what they get graciously. And 18k is nothing compared to 2 million so that's still irrelevant.

Totally fucking helpless? What are you, dumb? What the fuck were you doing out on the street in the first place? Second, even if he has spotted you, what the actual fuck is preventing you from zigzaging from house to house avoiding him and trying to break LoS. After you break LoS you seek to get away from him. Just because you couldn't find any ammo doesn't mean you're fucking helpless. Or using a melee weapon and ambushing him if you so get the chance. There is multiple ways to kill players in DayZ besides a firearm.

Also, QQ more. You're not in the majority about this. Stop acting like you're an ambassador for the "Silent majority" you don't know what they want, maybe they want realistic calibers? Maybe they don't? You act like you're their voice, when you damn well don't have a clue what the fuck they want. 

Also, don't give me that shit that making the game easier is going to increase sales. It's not, if anything it will severely impact long term sales. 

You basically are, it is not hard to shoot someone who is zig zagging with an automatic weapon nor is it hard to catch up to them not that running speed is basically the same with a weapon out, the only defence is running in a building and combat logging.

What if you don't have a decent melee weapon?

This isn't real life where you could ambush the guy and break his neck or something he walks in to a room and you're there you're dead. Running in to a building prolongs your death unless you manage to run past them and get out.

Maybe you were out in the street because that's what exploring is or should we all play the game crawling about like it's fucking Splinter Cell or something? Anyone can turn a corner at any moment it doesn't matter how careful you are if you're near buildings you have every chance to encounter people and if you happen to not have any ammo because it's rare and they've spent hours server hopping, you are screwed.

The only reason zig zagging works currently is because of lag and the inaccuracy of guns and it only really works at close or long ranges once you hit medium all they have to do is spray and you're dead.

Well I can tell you that the majority of people aren't on this forum or elsehwere on the internet complaining about the ammo types, what does that tell you? Probably that they don't give a shit or don't care enough to moan.

No it won't. If they made it easy like having health packs you automatically pick up and shit like that maybe but things like streamlining ammo in favour of gun variety are going to increase sales.

Have you ever played an FPS where people didn't want more guns than the base game has? Part of why there are so many DLC's is because people want more of everything and guns are a big part of that.

So why will the devs care about these few people who want total authenticity over the millions who want streamlined? If more people will buy the streamlined version they're going to make it streamlined or do they not want money...

Wish the proponents of streamlining would just flatout say.

"we want streamlining in the game because it makes the game easier and lets us go pvp faster"

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 2

And let us teach them to whine for perfect authenticity instead of accepting what they get graciously. And 18k is nothing compared to 2 million so that's still irrelevant.

Yet, you can make a statement about 75 people voting yes on the poll? My god, you have absolutely no leg to stand on. It's hilarious really.

Like Gib said, flat out and say it. That's what you want isn't it? Easier gear to get so you can PvP. Streamlining ammo has nothing to do with adding more weapons. Add more weapons, make them have their proper caliber how does that not increase gun variety? Oh right, because they can't grab a gun, find the streamlined ammo and run to the nearest AF to PvP. Oh right, I forgot, scavenging impedes a players ability to PvP. I totally forgot.

Cerveau putain imbécile morts!

Edited by Daemonkid

Yet, you can make a statement about 75 people voting yes on the poll? My god, you have absolutely no leg to stand on. It's hilarious really.

Like Gib said, flat out and say it. That's what you want isn't it? Easier gear to get so you can PvP. Streamlining ammo has nothing to do with adding more weapons. Add more weapons, make them have their proper caliber how does that not increase gun variety? Oh right, because they can't grab a gun, find the streamlined ammo and run to the nearest AF to PvP. Oh right, I forgot, scavenging impedes a players ability to PvP. I totally forgot.

Cerveau putain imbécile morts!

Again I don't even PvP if you've seen me around the forum you'll have seen me complaining about all the KOS bullshit, we still need guns to be able to defend ourselves against them and hunt.

I mean have you tried taking a deer down with a melee weapon? It takes perfect timing and only an axe does it quick, I sliced a deer like 6 times with a kitchen knife and it was still running.

I can make a statement about 75 because that's barely anybody, every time we post this is on the homepage if people cared the poll would have tons more votes by now it's actually 79 people, is that supposed to be a blip on the devs radar? If like a million people said they wanted authentic calibres then they'd probably consider it but currently the majority hasn't said anything about it and it's almost exclusively people who played the mod or spoiled people with unrealistic expectations of how far a game can go who have said anything. Forgetting that this isn't the mod and the mod still exists.

Also it does increase gun variety but if there's say 50 guns in the game do you want 20 different ammo types? I mean seriously. It's that or put variations of weapons already in the game like say a Mosin Nagant 2 which uses different ammo, people don't want guns that look the same and function slightly different they want a large variety of different guns not the same "Russian crap" (that's what people label it, I'm not judging)

But yeah keep saying I care about PvP all you want you're just going to be wrong every time.

The only PvP I care about is being able to defend myself against bandits without having to run away like a pussy because the right ammo is nowhere and they got theirs from 20 different servers.