Sign in to follow this  
david7houghton@gmail.com

Am I playing the same game as everyone else?

I'm watching these videos on youtube of people having a great time playing dayZ, but when I log on to the servers, normal and experimental, the game just doesn't function, the controls are unresponsive, I can't change to third person, among other things. What am I doing wrong? I have a rig more than capable of playing the game and a decent enough internet connection.

You can only go into 3rd person mode when playing on regular servers  - what you see on utube and what is actually occurring are two different things, just practice more and itll seem a bit more like what you watched 8P 

The game and getting around in it at its current stage can be a little clunky at times. I find server performance to be a major factor for an enjoyable experience. Steer clear of experimental servers if you're already finding it choppy. It can have its moments of terrible desync on a subpar server having you walking on the spot for minutes and getting caught on objects.

Give us a bit more detail about what you see? Which controls aren't responding? Did you join a HC server? Do you know? The more we know the more we can help.