AdmiralBull

How many folks went back to playing the Mod until SA goes to Beta?

Anyone else revisiting the Mod? I was just curious,overall. I have went back to experience the latest mod 1.8 & trying several maps that I had not been to. I missed Namalsk & Lingor so, I am revisiting them. I am currently liking Caribou & Taviana a lot too. I forgot how hard it was to get back to the grind of surviving.I think that playing SA has made me soft. I have gotten the majority of my first time SA player buddies to switch to the mod(s) and try them out. I am getting obsessed again to play and it has been a lot of fun! I can wait to see what SA brings to the table and try it as it progresses when updates are brought to the stable servers periodically.

During the sale I picked up Arma2 and the mod, to give it a try. I very much enjoy both, the zombies are better in the mod, and it is further along, but I still like the items and such in the SA. When I get tired of one I just go to the other and alternate, it really makes me appreciate some things done in the SA as opposed to mod and what the team overall WANTS to do, even if they aren't there yet and some things done are questionable to some. (even I questioned the longhorn but, eh, I hear the same things happened in arma 3 EA and look how well it came out!)

I play both, mod and SA alot. Mod for epoch, SA for clear survival.

Playing Epoch with friends until the Standalone is more fleshed out. I personally prefer the Standalone at the moment, but my group of friends are very stupid about the vehicles and zombies walking through walls so, here we are.

I bought it a few weeks back during the sale. I've been playing, mod to the mod, epoch a little each night. I've yet to be killed by another player and I'm more willing to do things that I hesitate to do on SA. I think long and hard before shooting a zed on SA, but I just go on wild zombie killing sprees on the mod.

I bought it a few weeks back during the sale. I've been playing, mod to the mod, epoch a little each night. I've yet to be killed by another player and I'm more willing to do things that I hesitate to do on SA. I think long and hard before shooting a zed on SA, but I just go on wild zombie killing sprees on the mod.

Epoch is nice because some of the loot is specific to zombie corpses and you get a small humanity bump for killing each zed. I like a practical reason to clear zombies, its nice.

I was playing Epoch for a while when I first got SA and it was pretty much a walking/clothing sim with NOTHING but rotten fruit around.....andddd I did make it to NW Airfield and hopped multiple servers and wasn't finding anything as plenty of people weren't BUT I didn't lose hope. I figured "hey, i'll just jump back into that Epoch server I frequented and built a HUGE base on top of Black mountain on where I had 15+ safes and what not till the game pics up" NOPE......fn little dbag server admins deleted EVERYTHING and it hadn't been more than three days before someone says stuff will vanish and the base degrades I Knew all that and it was all fresh and new and sexy lol. That seriously just ruined my motivation to play the mod anymore.

Playing public hive DayZ mod in between updates, as it doesn't take long to find Crystal Ken's latest outfits in SA

I bought SA with the mindset it would take a good year or two before we saw the finished product. Being an older gamer, you have more patience as time seems to fly by faster as you age! Besides, I was happy to part with twenty quid for an unfinished product out of customer loyalty to the rocket man for making the best game ever in Dayz mod.

So what I do now is pop on SA every month or so and play for an hour to test it, and I must say I think SA is coming along at an amazing pace, its getting harder not to delve in full time! However, like a present that keep on giving, im sticking to the mod until January at the earliest, happy to watch SA mature into the beast it surely will become.

• Like 3

yes i had SA uninstalled for months, and have returned to the mod.

i recently reinstalled SA to try the latest experimental patch, but its simply not enjoyable yet. so its back to the mod yet again.

My friends and I are back to EPOCH.

Is it a little glitchy and full of hackers?  Sure.  But at least it has some content.  

There is literally NOTHING to do in SA,  I honestly have a hard time calling it Alpha.  This game is still in pre-alpha development.  What they called "paid early alpha" was really just an investment drive to push along a totally stalled development 

I bought SA with the mindset it would take a good year or two before we saw the finished product. Being an older gamer, you have more patience as time seems to fly by faster as you age! Besides, I was happy to part with twenty quid for an unfinished product out of customer loyalty to the rocket man for making the best game ever in Dayz mod.

So what I do now is pop on SA every month or so and play for an hour to test it, and I must say I think SA is coming along at an amazing pace, its getting harder not to delve in full time! However, like a present that keep on giving, im sticking to the mod until January at the earliest, happy to watch SA mature into the beast it surely will become.

It's a shame more people don't have this mindset and approach; there are far too many people treating DayZ like the be-all and end-all DayZ experience, and then getting upset that it's "worse" than the mod.  Of course it is, it's still young.  Unless you enjoy the standalone, the mod should still be your first choice.  Early access to the standalone is just something for you to jump into every once in a while to see how the game is progressing.

• Like 2

My friends and I are back to EPOCH.

Is it a little glitchy and full of hackers?  Sure.  But at least it has some content.  

There is literally NOTHING to do in SA,  I honestly have a hard time calling it Alpha.  This game is still in pre-alpha development.  What they called "paid early alpha" was really just an investment drive to push along a totally stalled development 

Um, no it's an Alpha and stalled? How is it stalled?

Back to playing the mod. Dayzed for example offers better survival than any other mod I've seen so far.

Wish I could be as optimistic, but I've been following all the SA news since ~october 2012 and I expected something more advanced than unplayable game with extremly slow progress rate.

I did not revisit the mod after playing SA. I tried the mod cause of the SA and many people telling the mod being better than SA. I cannot agree in all aspects. Graphically seen SA is better, far better. The game mechanics also speak for SA. When talking about content, the mod clearly wins. I like both and tend to play both.

Edited by umberfive

Admins that hack themselfs gear constantly and hackers that blow up my base and vehicles multiple times put me right off Epoch

OVERPOCH and breaking point for the win

they are truly amazing

overpoch just shows how far they can take the mod and breaking point a3 is just perfect. consider there little 3-4 man team (dynamic heli crash, diving wrecks, proper pvp, ballistics, they even got jsrs to make the sounds custom lol, and SA just got fishing...wopeee)