Sign in to follow this  
xoue

campaign mode

I don't know if it makes any sense to propose this, due to game's architecture. But it would be awesome to have an offline campaign in the future. NPC's, missions, goals, quests, whatever, but something worth playing instead of multiplayer for a change.

Regards

No... just no.  This game is based off of survival, not missions and seeing how much "xp" i can get for killing 100 zombies (Dead Frontier).  We already have plenty of other survival games that allow this.  This is just not meant for Dayz, i bid you a good day, welcome to the forums, and God Bless.

No... just no.  This game is based off of survival, not missions and seeing how much "xp" i can get for killing 100 zombies (Dead Frontier).  We already have plenty of other survival games that allow this.  This is just not meant for Dayz, i bid you a good day, welcome to the forums, and God Bless.

He didn't said anything about XP, although I love Dead Frontier so much <3 and I still kill Burning Wraith with my Titanium Blades. But I think he meant something like Resident Evil, A campaign...like you're a soldier from the Chernarussian army and have to stand off the hordes and so on. Like the origins of the outbreak in that country...it could come as DLC, but that's just me throwing ideas. With or without a campaign I'm happy with this game

• Like 1

We need DayZ out of Alpha and stuff before we start thinking about campaigns to be perfectly honest.. I can't see it working, I'd much prefer the devs work on multiplayer than campaign  

I don't think that a campaign is what people are looking for when they get Day Z... however I am a great believer in adding optional content to please niche markets, as long as it doesn't interfere with the majority of players. For example I would be happy to allow unrealistic weapons on to certain servers, just as long as my server is for grown ups who don't need death rays.

I love the game as it is and as where it's going towards. But as some of you said it would be nice to have survival in single player just for those who fancy this type of playing. Once more, just a suggestion and only when game is completed.

• Like 1

Dayz girl nailed it. There is nothing wrong with adding a story line, prequel style. Furthermore, u might want to experiment on some things, without messing other people's game.

Wait for modding.  Am sure once modding is allowed we will see all sorts of wonderous things.

• Like 1

A campaign is the exact opposite of DayZ. DayZ is the true essence of a sandbox. No goal, no true path, only you and your brain. and beans. A campaign takes this away from you, turning it from a completely open-minded dergtrip to a linear rollercoaster with zombies. DayZ should be like DayZ. Not L4D2. They're both good, but they're different beasts. Like a corgi and a hedgehog.

Bull! 90% of your life is reacting to outside stimulae (aka story). Absolute sandbox can only be found in kindergardens...

Oh nein you didn't...

Seriously though, I don't see a campaign working for this game. And besides, that would be WAY down the line. I can't even think that far ahead...

"dayz, its your story" so no campaign.

When the game is finished they may think about it, but right now there's no reason to try to implement single player modes.