Sign in to follow this  
Doppelgaengerin

DayZ Server Performance Problem (Datenbank)

Hello,

i host a DayZ Epoch Server with 45 slots.
He runs on a virtual server with 8 cores, ssd harddrive and 16 gb ram.
There are different scripts installed on the server, when i deactivate them the performance don't change at all.
The main problem is the huge database:
After resetting the database all works fluently, the traders work fast.
The database is 7 mb big (9000 building parts und 500 vehicles).
I searched on different forum but didn't find a working solution for this problem. I need a solution for a better interaction between database and the arma engine.
I'm looking forward getting a good answer here.
Thank you.

Guten Tag,

ich habe einen DayZ Epoch Server mit 45 slots.
Dieser läuft auf einem Virtuellen Server mit 8 Kernen, SSD Festplatte und 16 GB RAM.
Es befinden sich einige Scripts auf dem Server, deren Ausschalten nichts an der schlechten Performance ändert.
Das Hauptproblem ist die große Datenbank:
Nach einem Zurücksetzen dieser Datenbank lief alles flüssig, sowohl bei der Ladezeit der Trader als auch FPS-mäßig.
Die Datenbank ist circa 7 MB groß (ca. 9000 Building Parts und ca. 500 vehicles).
Ich habe bereits zahlreiche Foren durchsucht aber keine vernünftige Lösung für die bessere Interaktion zwischen Datenbank und Arma Engine gefunden.
Ich hoffe mir kann hier weitergeholfen worden.
Vielen Dank im Voraus.

Epoch is poorly optimised, that's just how it is. There are far too many objects in the database as is, so you can only do your best to keep them at a minimum. If you're running a server that has indestructible bases and no decay you'll not be able to achieve good FPS anyway, as you'll always have to counter the massive amounts of objects.

Moved.

Hello,

in my opinion DayZ Epoch is a building mod so it must be possible to have many objects on it.

9000 Objects are not so much if you consider that there are many players on it who build bases.

There are also Servers with very much and large bases on it and they work fluently.

The Hardware of the server is definitely not the problem.

I'm only searching for a good solution for the problem and decreasing the amount of objects is only a short-term solution because the players won't stop building.

Best regards.