Sign in to follow this  
lucianpin

DayZ business

I really like to play this game as survival not PVP, maybe this is because I am playing alone. I am sure they will make it even harder to survive. But I know that many people buy this game to play PVP in teams. So, selling this game is a business and I think that all types of users must be pleased. I am thinking of two types of servers: survival and PVP. Weapons on Survival mode should be very rare and very few pristine like it wold be in reality; also food - survival is the challenge. On PVP, should be a lot of food, weapons and ammunition - like it is right now on current servers. In this way the two types of players will naturally split in half: PVP on their severs and survival on the other servers. I imagine that someone who spent 200 hours on PVP will die alone within 3 hours on survival servers :)

Oh, to avoid another problem, there should be separate hives as well, to avoid gearing on PVP and come to survival. And hardcore and regular should be only a server setting and not separate hives.

I really like to play this game as survival not PVP, maybe this is because I am playing alone. I am sure they will make it even harder to survive. But I know that many people buy this game to play PVP in teams. So, selling this game is a business and I think that all types of users must be pleased. I am thinking of two types of servers: survival and PVP. Weapons on Survival mode should be very rare and very few pristine like it wold be in reality; also food - survival is the challenge. On PVP, should be a lot of food, weapons and ammunition - like it is right now on current servers. In this way the two types of players will naturally split in half: PVP on their severs and survival on the other servers. I imagine that someone who spent 200 hours on PVP will die alone within 3 hours on survival servers :)

Oh, to avoid another problem, there should be separate hives as well, to avoid gearing on PVP and come to survival. And hardcore and regular should be only a server setting and not separate hives.

Calm your tits. They will allow admins to tweak server features. When that happens, admins will be able to adjust loot rarety and stuff like that.

Also, mod support.

Calm your tits. They will allow admins to tweak server features. When that happens, admins will be able to adjust loot rarety and stuff like that.

Also, mod support.

This would not be a solution. I have to search for specific servers... I don't like the idea. This game is heading to survival, that's for sure. And I was just saying how to not lose PVP players and separate this kind of playing.

Ok I am going to throw something at you here and please read the words very carefully.

Lets say we implement your idea of....

Weapons on Survival mode should be very rare.

What do you think will happen when I find a weapon? I'll tell you. Because weapons are very rare I will be able to dominate the server and kill everyone with almost no concern for being attacked.... cause you know, weapons are so rare. To make he game fair there needs to be a weapon for everybody. Otherwise you will just have a certain group of people controlling the server. Trust me, that is no fun at all. Be careful of what you wish for, when you only look at one side of the equation. 

Everybody needs and deserves the ability to defend themselves. People think that by limiting weapons or limiting ammo will fix KoS, it won't. It will in fact make a certain group almost untouchable.

• Like 1

Also, mod support.

And add pink fluffy unicorns, yeah we know :)

Translation: This game is to hard for me, make the bandits go away =(

And add pink fluffy unicorns, yeah we know :)

• Like 1

Translation: This game is to hard for me, make the bandits go away =(

Are you reading?

I want survival harder and you come and say "this game is too hard for me"?

Ok I am going to throw something at you here and please read the words very carefully.

Lets say we implement your idea of....

What do you think will happen when I find a weapon? I'll tell you. Because weapons are very rare I will be able to dominate the server and kill everyone with almost no concern for being attacked.... cause you know, weapons are so rare. To make he game fair there needs to be a weapon for everybody. Otherwise you will just have a certain group of people controlling the server. Trust me, that is no fun at all. Be careful of what you wish for, when you only look at one side of the equation. 

Everybody needs and deserves the ability to defend themselves. People think that by limiting weapons or limiting ammo will fix KoS, it won't. It will in fact make a certain group almost untouchable.

When the cause of the death will be most of the time sickness, starvation, wild animals and many many other reasons, then analyze the probability to meet a healty person with a gun that will kill you. I don't say it will never happen, it will, but very rare.

I like discussion, that's why I am proposing this. I still think it is a good idea and you didn't convince me yet.

The ability to kill other players is an essential game feature that will never be removed. Sorry!

When the cause of the death will be most of the time sickness, starvation, wild animals and many many other reasons, then analyze the probability to meet a healty person with a gun that will kill you. I don't say it will never happen, it will, but very rare.

I like discussion, that's why I am proposing this. I still think it is a good idea and you didn't convince me yet.

It's not my job to convince you. I don't need to convince you. The devs are already heading towards a more survival aspect so the only content that requires any form of discussion is the less weapons, which has been discussed in about a thousand threads. What you are proposing is nothing new.

The ability to kill other players is an essential game feature that will never be removed. Sorry!

Who asked for this?

It's not my job to convince you. I don't need to convince you. The devs are already heading towards a more survival aspect so the only content that requires any form of discussion is the less weapons, which has been discussed in about a thousand threads. What you are proposing is nothing new.

What is new is to keep both type, full weapons and amo  and the other with less weapon and amo. (less - not without weapons)

Who asked for this?

In differentiating between PvP and survival servers - you.

PvP and survival come as a package. That is DayZ. Albeit the survival aspect needs a lot of work and will be enhanced over time.

• Like 2

PvP and survival come as a package. That is DayZ. Albeit the survival aspect needs a lot of work and will be enhanced over time.

Took the words out of my mouth, thank you Mos1ey.

Took the words out of my mouth, thank you Mos1ey.

Any time.  ;)

Enhancing survival aspect is only making harder for teams to play PVP. I am not talking about me, if I like PVP or not, survival or not. I am talking about user profiles. While this game will be true survival and it is great, I was proposing to also keep a type of servers for quickly gear up and go to killing zones. This is just my opinion, I would do that to keep users, to make as much money from this game.

Obviously, Survival servers would allow PVP.

Edited by lucianpin

Enhancing survival aspect is only making harder for teams to play PVP. I am not talking about me, if I like PVP or not, survival or not. I am talking about user profiles. While this game will be true survival and it is great, I was proposing to also keep a type of servers for quickly gear up and go to killing zones. This is just my opinion, I would do that to keep users, to make as much money from this game.

Isn't that just ArmA?

Isn't that just ArmA?

Are you sure that people will prefer to play ArmaA instead of DayZ PVP servers?

I just said what I wanted to say, who wants to read it will read. Of course this thread was dedicated to devs or team leads. I just stated my opinion.

Are you sure that people will prefer to play ArmaA instead of DayZ PVP servers?

I just said what I wanted to say, who wants to read it will read. Of course this thread was dedicated to devs or team leads. I just stated my opinion.

If they're looking to "quickly gear up and go to killing zones" then yes, DayZ is not that kind of game and this is not a direction that the devs are looking to take the game in AFAIK.

If they're looking to "quickly gear up and go to killing zones" then yes, DayZ is not that kind of game and this is not a direction that the devs are looking to take the game in AFAIK.

I understand what are you saying. We'll see if or how many players will quit DayZ because of being very hard to survive. And believe me I am saying this although I like very much survival and I want this game to be very hard to survive.

I understand what are you saying. We'll see if or how many players will quit DayZ because of being very hard to survive. And believe me I am saying this although I like very much survival and I want this game to be very hard to survive.

I don't think that's something that the devs are worried about TBH.

It's similar to people quitting Counter-Strike because it's too difficult to hit headshots, or Quake because it's too difficult to make a comeback once your opponent is stacked. It's a key game feature. :)

PVP, Survival? What is that? I mean the DayZ experience is all about surviving and player interaction as a whole. Why divide it into separate gameplays. Survival servers - no friendly fire, PVP -  no zombies. Thats just silly. 

Edited by zudo_1337

... Survival servers - no friendly fire, PVP -  no zombies. Thats just silly. 

That's just what I did NOT say. Should I translate again for you?

In this thread, I had a vision :), but it seems that devs don't worry about...

That's just what I did NOT say. Should I translate again for you?

There is no need for that. I understand what you meant. I was just exaggerating. Item spawn limitations would be the way to go.

Edited by zudo_1337