We all know the experimental patch has huge rubberbanding issues, now my question is: What causes the rubberbanding, and how can it be fixed? What can the developers do to fix it?

Well they thought it was server performance related but have now discovered it's related to geometry and are working on a fix. This is why you can slow walk out of it a lot of the time. It's probably both tbh. I think they said they would begin server optimization next week too.

• Like 3

Well they thought it was server performance related but have now discovered it's related to geometry and are working on a fix. This is why you can slow walk out of it a lot of the time. It's probably both tbh. I think they said they would begin server optimization next week too.

Thanks for the fast answer.

I still get the rubberband on reg at times. This morning I went downstairs, picked up and equipped a backpack and ran next door only to be rb'd back to the upstairs of the first building. My new backpack was still equipped. This seems to be more than 'geometry', but who knows really.

Rubber banded back onto the second storey of a school building and went for a little fly.

#truestory

LMAO that just happened to me not 10 min ago _-_

LMAO that just happened to me not 10 min ago _-_

Been there, done that.

That and getting stuck in locked room in police station. I am staying away from the ship and construction sites on experimental, because that would just be handing the game a kill.

Rubber banded back onto the second storey of a school building and went for a little fly.

#truestory

I ran out of a jail the other day on stable and a guy started shooting at me from a bush. I rubber-banded back to the second floor of the jail out of harm's way.

The one time it's ever prevented me from dying.

I ran out of a jail the other day on stable and a guy started shooting at me from a bush. I rubber-banded back to the second floor of the jail out of harm's way.

The one time it's ever prevented me from dying.

Early this morning the rubberbanding for once in my life actually saved me from a double barrel shotgun murderer.  ^-^

Its pretty frustrating on EXP but for the time being we just kinda have to either not play, hang out in the woods, or learn to deal with it in the mean time. I already automatically take a stop and look around outside of the door so the server and client can take a second to agree on where my model is.

After dying for the third time due to rubberbanding and losing all my gear that I specifically ran to collect from Berezino to Balota (climbed the ladders) I uninstalled experimental. At least stable is somewhat stable.

What's going on with the game atm? Frame rate is worse than ever and I rubber-band constantly and this is on stable.

Hopefully the next patch will fix some of the performance issues I'm having because I never had any before.