james2464

THE BEAR TRAPS ARE COMING! :O

you guys are overreacting... what he really ment is piss jugs ... take that bear grills!!!!!

HOLY SHIT what if there were random jars of piss laying around in the forest and were "bear traps" and every once in a while a guy named "bear grillz" would be near one.. and if you killed him and looted him he would have all these badass medical supplies and other survival supplies ahahahah

Good to know that new sources of griefing are higher on Rocket's to-do list than fixing the bugs that already exist.

The pessimist will fill his entire pack with morophine to combat these new bear traps.

The optimist will only require a toolbox.

Which are you?

I'm the smart man, who just steps around it.

Good to know that new sources of griefing are higher on Rocket's to-do list than fixing the bugs that already exist.

I think most bugs are issues with Arma, not DayZ. You know this is a mod, right?

This would be good if it was a rare spawn and if all of the items could not be placed indoors (tents act this way, so there is no reason why the other fortifications/traps cannot).

It would also be good if you could have an option to close the trap without a toolbox, in real life it is very easy to do but it would create noise, so zombies should come running.

this +1

tanktraps,wire fences,bear traps.no real purpose besides causing major graphical glitches & "locking peepilz out of a stairway,hurrhurrhurr.so awsom!"

the fact that you need a toolkit to get rid of em doesn't help at all,if you aint got one you need to server-hop to get in or out of that "supa locked up spot".then people go apeshit and yell "ohmyguts! you servar hoppa,hope u gat banaed!"

Hope someone realise soon that as long as you are able to log in behind any entranchement made..they are useless.

This game truly needed more ways to break your legs.

Seriously, just look at the barbwire spam. Who though this was a good idea?

Looking forward to the moment where I step on a random trap placed in the woods by some griefer. Guess I have to crouchwalk constantly from now on just to be safe.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

There are a few things to consider with the new patch:

First, there is a database cleanup going on which takes care of some of the legacy wires strung about. Should help with some of the spam.

Second, apparently something is being done overall with the frequency of wire and tank traps.

Finally, With any luck bear traps will be a rare spawn and fill some considerable space in your pack.

This thread is now about Stupid Bear trap tricks!

1) Get a well geared friend, with gillie suit and all. This is a sacrifice, but well worth it... Surround him with bear traps. Bonus if this is in high grass, but also high traffic. Have him respawn.

Sit back and watch the hilarity. Heck, you might even just create an obvious stash of gear and surround it with bear traps.

2) Bear traps around obvious tents. Same as above, just watch it with a sniper rifle.

3) bear traps along commonly traveled routes. Namely NE of the map to NW of the map.

4) Placing bear traps on known player spawn points. I'm not sure if there is a mildly random placement to where one spawns when the area for their spawning is chosen, however if there isn't than get ready for some epic griefing.

This thread is now about Stupid Bear trap tricks!

3) bear traps along commonly traveled routes. Namely NE of the map to NW of the map.

4) Placing bear traps on known player spawn points. I'm not sure if there is a mildly random placement to where one spawns when the area for their spawning is chosen' date=' however if there isn't than get ready for some epic griefing.

[/quote']

You just summed up why this is a horribly bad idea in every way imaginable. But yeah, let's hope that they are very, very rare, and that you'd want to place them strategically, and not in every building you see.

I can see them going at barracks entry, shops, military tents, e.t.c. :(

but if that rare its not a big deal, with the leg breaking z's i allways carry 3 morphine.

People will find a way to duplicate them even if they are rare.

Most of the last few changes seem to be aimed at handing the game over to hackers and griefers.

The DayZ bubble is going to burst pretty soon I expect if this continues, alpha or not.

Quite simply have a mouse wheel option that activates the trap or just chuck a can/bottle at it to activate it.

That way it rewards people who pay attention and prevents griefing in shops or buildings.

I dont know why they insert new "weapons", they should fix all the bugs and then insert new weapons to annoy the players.

Edited by WARLORD_3000