irishroy

Weapon accuracies

And most people would probably have gone with the RIS hanguard, like I initially did, because it looks a hell of a lot cooler than the Magpul hanguard. Not to mention flashlight, for when I'm feeling frisky on nighttime servers.

That would be awesome having weapon parts be purely cosmetic or offer more utility by having the ability to mount useful attachments such as lasers or flashlights.

That would be awesome having weapon parts be purely cosmetic or offer more utility by having the ability to mount useful attachments such as lasers or flashlights.

Yea, that's why I started using the RIS initially. I figured, hey, I can attach a whole bunch of awesome shit to this, let's roll. Then I found out about the ridiculous dispersion mechanics, and died a little. I think the MP parts look so stupid it's not even funny.

I think this'd be a good approach for the handguards, not necessarily the stocks (which I think could have other properties).

I like the potential for a tiered system in terms of modularity.

You've got the stock M4A1 handguard which is incapable of mounting anything.

Then you could have the MOE handguard be able to mount one attachment (perhaps just a flashlight [even though the MOE handguard can mount a foregrip via a proprietary interface as well]).

Then you could have the rarer RIS handguard be able to mount a variety of attachments.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

I think this'd be a good approach for the handguards, not necessarily the stocks (which I think could have other properties).

I like the potential for a tiered system in terms of modularity.

You've got the stock M4A1 handguard which is incapable of mounting anything.

Then you could have the MOE handguard be able to mount one attachment (perhaps just a flashlight [even though the MOE handguard can mount a foregrip via a proprietary interface as well]).

Then you could have the rarer RIS handguard be able to mount a variety of attachments.

I like this a lot, especially considering that M4A1 spawns are now only going to be at helicopters, it would make sense they would be found with military style equipment. RIS systems, optics, foregrips, flashlights, lasers, suppressors (maybe), upgraded components, etc. 

• Like 1

Good way to incorporate stocks could be to somehow simulate different cheek welds with different stocks.