hotcakes

Thoughts on the AKM?

Ill still take the M4A1 over the AKM. I really do think there going to go back in latter and make it a better weapon. Its just a matter of when. And there going to have to make it good to justify rarity now anyways.

Good luck finding them heli crashes with M4's then :-).

edit: sorry for double post

Edited by Hombre

And regular mags are 1x2, probably?

If I could get a Hello Kitty sticker on my bright blue UN helmet, I'd be the first to do so. Then I could roll with my AK to heart's content.

Don't forget the pink finish on your gun and heart stickers on your backpack!

Dragunov scope on AK 47 an PU scope on SKS? brilliant idea

Dragunov scope on AK 47 an PU scope on SKS? brilliant idea

REALISM and Authenticity!!

• Like 1

It's like the weapon was made for me, very accurate, high caliber, and can fire full auto (for very close ranges)

It's like the weapon was made for me, very accurate, high caliber, and can fire full auto (for very close ranges)

Common misconception with the ak series of rifles is that it is in an inaccurate gun.

All the new production civilian AKMS I have fired event he crappy WAsrs have been pretty darn accurate.

• Like 1

REALISM and Authenticity!!

Why is it not realistic? The mount on the side of the AK is the same as the Dragunov's mount. Maybe if it didn't have the mount I could see where you are coming from.

• Like 1

Why is it not realistic? The mount on the side of the AK is the same as the Dragunov's mount. Maybe if it didn't have the mount I could see where you are coming from.

They do have different original mounts, but there are universal mounts which are widely available (from the manufacturer too, not aftermarket) and used by militaries. The only distinction between the two is a locking pin to keep the scope from sliding on the SVD. However, the universal mounts have a different placement of the locking mechanism which allows it to be used on both.

Non-issue is non-issue.

http://russianoptics.net/Concepts.html

Edited by Katana67

The main issue I have with it is the fact that the chevrons would be useless on an akm 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r have very different ballistics thus the chevrons would not be useful at all.

And what would you say the rarity of AKM mags would be? If it's accurate, powerful, etc. I'm already looking at finding one. But ammo is an issue: should I give up my Mosin with ~120 rounds for an AKM?

I threw my nugget away in a heartbeat for the AKM.

Anyone know what the folding stock does apart from looking cool? Does it trade dispersion for handling like the M4 CQB stock?

Anyone know what the folding stock does apart from looking cool? Does it trade dispersion for handling like the M4 CQB stock?

Word on the street is that it makes it more accurate. There's a demo video somewhere...

Found it!

Edited by Katana67

Word on the street is that it makes it more accurate. There's a demo video somewhere...

Here's the config file for weapon furniture and dispersion. I have no idea how to open it properly, so someone should look through it for me:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/szabb46szw9sbyl/config.bin

Edited by hotcakes

Here's the config file for weapon furniture and dispersion. I have no idea how to open it properly, so someone should look through it for me:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/szabb46szw9sbyl/config.bin

I opened it in Notepad.

This line was interesting though, "Attachment_Handguard_AK_Rail_Black"

I got it myself.

class Attachment_Buttstock_AK_Wood : AttachmentBase {
scope = public;
displayName = "AK Wooden Buttstock";
descriptionShort = "A standard wooden buttstock that comes as a default with AK based rifles";
inventorySlot = "weaponButtstockAK";
model = "\DZ\weapons\attachments\support\buttstock_ak_wood.p3d";
hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"dz\weapons\attachments\data\akm_wood_co.paa"};
rotateDropped = 1;
rotateAlways = 1;
dispersionModifier = -0.0440968;
dispersionCondition = "true";

class Damage {
tex[] = {};
mat[] = {"DZ\weapons\attachments\data\akm_wood.rvmat", "DZ\weapons\attachments\data\akm_wood_damage.rvmat", "DZ\weapons\attachments\data\akm_wood_destruct.rvmat"};
};

class Attachment_Buttstock_AK_Folding_Black : Attachment_Buttstock_AK_Wood {
displayName = "AK Folding Buttstock";
descriptionShort = "Folding buttstock for AK based rifles";
model = "\DZ\weapons\attachments\support\buttstock_ak_folding.p3d";
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"dz\weapons\attachments\data\akm_accessories_black_co.paa"};

class Damage {
tex[] = {};
mat[] = {"DZ\weapons\attachments\data\akm_accessories.rvmat", "DZ\weapons\attachments\data\akm_accessories_damage.rvmat", "DZ\weapons\attachments\data\akm_accessories_destruct.rvmat"};
};
};

I don't think the folding stock does anything. Or rather, it inherits the default stock's stats.

Conclusion: Pick up the folding stock if you want to look cool. It doesn't do anything.
Edited by hotcakes

I opened it in Notepad.

This line was interesting though, "Attachment_Handguard_AK_Rail_Black"

Didnt they say you cant attach optics on to rails ?

So wouldnt the rail be useless and purely cosmetic ?

Kinda funny how the guy testing the AKM advocates picking up folding stocks for accuracy in that Youtube video.

Edited by hotcakes

Didnt they say you cant attach optics on to rails ?

So wouldnt the rail be useless and purely cosmetic ?

Well it's a handguard, so I gather it'll be similar to the KAC RIS for the M4 in being able to mount flashlights and the like.

I figure they'll save the optics for the AK as to be weapon/family-specific, as it's not rendered with a railed receiver.

That and I don't recall them saying they can't attach optics to railed attachments, just that they can't have "attachment-ception" (which is already the case, effectively, when the KAC RIS allows the attachment of the flashlight).

EDIT - The in-game description is as follows, albeit a bit useless "Short Aftermarket handguard with rails, fits AK based rifles."

Edited by Katana67

If you empty the 75 round magazine, you get three stacks of 20 and one stack of 15.

Wat.

I think it is because people couldn't abuse a yet another bug, where you could empty stanag 60 magazine and get a stack of 60 rounds and put them in ammo box and get 600 bullets instead of 300 like it shows on the side. With AKM it would be 75 round stack, and we would get 750 bullets in a box that can only contain 300.

I think it is because people couldn't abuse a yet another bug, where you could empty stanag 60 magazine and get a stack of 60 rounds and put them in ammo box and get 600 bullets instead of 300 like it shows on the side. With AKM it would be 75 round stack, and we would get 750 bullets in a box that can only contain 300.

I know. I use that one all the time. ;_;

My favorite thing about the AKM is that the muzzle brake is cut diagonally like it should be, unlike the "AKM" in Arma that was really a flat muzzled AK47.

My favorite thing about the AKM is that the muzzle brake is cut diagonally like it should be, unlike the "AKM" in Arma that was really a flat muzzled AK47.

Lots of AKMs had no slant brakes, it was only added a 3-4 years after the adoption of the AKM.

Has anyone come across the railed handguard for the AKM? Or do you think it's awaiting implementation?