RedScorpion

GATEWAY DX4380-ER36 - Can it run?

Could probably build that pc for 100 bucks.

$140-160 worth of parts right there... :-/

The processor alone is ~$100, so yeah, good luck throwing a Radeon HD 8570, 1TB HDD, 6GB of memory, mouse, keyboard, case, power supply, and a copy of Windows 8 together for ~$140-160.

@OP: Aforementioned experts aside, the computer is definitely not worth buying. Do you have a friend who could piece one together for you? Your bang:buck ratio would be a lot higher.

• Like 1

Nope, that is a work computer, I doubt it could even start ArmA or DayZ.

@Grimey im having a friend look up parts for me atm around 600$ If i get the Build-it-yourself one then he'll help me, anyways, thanks for the feedback!

I think it can run it, It has better stats then most of my comp and I run it ok. I have a icore 5 2.8 ghz 6 gigs ram and I added a amd hd 6670 vid card

I dont know is my card better then that one? I run a medium settings for the most part.

No, no, no 

Intel i5-3750k, GTX 680 and 16 GB ram then we're talking

No, no, no 

He just wants it to run and obviously even low would probably do. He doesn't want to put the game on high...geez you think people are made of Sweden banks huh?

• Like 1

No, no, no

Meh. Why would you buy old parts? 3570k is 1155 processor so it is old and same goes to GTX 680. You could get much better deals if you buy like 770 which is actually oc'd 680.

Get overclocked 780 and 4.3 ghz i7 4770k and then we are talking. Those 4 core scrubs.....

The processor alone is ~$100, so yeah, good luck throwing a Radeon HD 8570, 1TB HDD, 6GB of memory, mouse, keyboard, case, power supply, and a copy of Windows 8 together for ~$140-160.

@OP: Aforementioned experts aside, the computer is definitely not worth buying. Do you have a friend who could piece one together for you? Your bang:buck ratio would be a lot higher.

Lol, as I said they are worth about $140-160, not that that's what you'd pay if you were a big enough moron to actually buy a new one from a place like newegg or any large U.S of retailer for that matter... 

I'm constantly shocked by how badly people are ripped off for comp parts these days, and then they think they're getting a good deal because they can find a similar price from a rip-off chain store... :-/

No, no, no 

16GB of RAM on a gaming machine is just a waste of money. You will never use that much RAM.

@Grimey im having a friend look up parts for me atm around 600$ If i get the Build-it-yourself one then he'll help me, anyways, thanks for the feedback!

Dont get a kit. Buy the parts individually if you can. This will keep your options open. Remember that you will have to shell out $$$ for an OS. Make sure to get a quality PSU, you dont want your new pc to fry itself because you decided to go cheap. Im not completely up to date on hardware, so I cant give any real recommendations without some research. Good luck.