I thought of several things which could help players to survive and also consumes playtime. What I really would like to see is Fishing.

There could be 2 Options of Fishing.

First: Fishing Pole - Why not sitting on the beach with a fishing pole, waiting for getting food?

Second: Fishing with a net - We all know that slow and useless boats ingame. Its Fun to ride around with it but it has no use at all. (The Island doesnt spawn anything special) But its a Fishing Boat, why not adding an option to catch fish with it?

Make the fishing like the game Reel Fishing 2, and you've got my support.

The only issue with fishing is making it challenging and fun.

Simple enough, add fishing to the game. maybe expand it to create your rod and find bait, cook your fish and get a fair bit of blood back. maybe avoid diseased fish and find the odd boot.

Ummm i know this is obvious but this is becoming more and more like micecraft...

Im ok with this.jpg

Survivor: "Oh joooy after 3 hours of fishing, i have taken a giant carp"

SFX: BANG!

Bandit: "And even today i can eat for free"

ummmm YES I like the idea :angel:

+1 :D

I like this idea, not only will it be a good source for food.

Fishing line could be used for the booby traps or what not

I also think if they implemented this: it would give enough food options that they could give limit can food in game.

or have a lot at the (server) start but after a while it could become more scarce.

+1 rep for a good idea

yup was thinking about this myself, i tip my hat to you sir!

finding animals in the wilderness is hard enough as it is

+1

How do you realistically script the fishing? Iv just spent 3 hours catfishing in RL with the best cut bait for the area and caught nothing.

+1

I would imagine that the script for fishing would be much like the one for filling your water bottle. Exceptions would include requiring a much longer time for the animation, only useable at ponds and ocean, and having a chance to not return anything at all.