r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Also, is there a way to change the default loadout? Since it appears there is no more loading from the instance table. Where is the loadout specified? I was assuming it is hidden in some pbo in the server files.

And finally, has support for custom loadouts been removed? As they appear to not work anymore as well.

See below:

I personally love the patch. I'm just having some issue's getting everything working on my highly modded server. I have 2 questions:

Can we by anychance get the ability to create custom loadouts trough the database back. (This hasn't been working since the HiveEXT.dll update in 1.7.7).

Is the CHILD:999 function removed or did it change? I can't read assembly so decompiling the .dll won't really help and I don't think this patch is on github.

Btw is there any chance I could get one of the modders on skype I got some questions and would love to contribute to the dayz mod I'm a university Game Technology student and love to do arma scripting in my spare time.

Just add R4Z0R or me on Skype, if you want to test / talk / play.

Loadouts won't be a part of the DB, as we're only officially supporting the publichive, no private hives. Which makes it obsolete to have that table.

• Like 1

Just add R4Z0R or me on Skype, if you want to test / talk / play.

Loadouts won't be a part of the DB, as we're only officially supporting the publichive, no private hives. Which makes it obsolete to have that table.

Thanks for the blazing fast reply. In regards to default loadouts, is this now hardcoded into the pbo files? Seem to spawn with roadflares and 2 bandages only, I'm trying to add at least 1 can of food and drink to be fair. Would love to be able to tweak it if I knew where it was defined. :)

Thanks for the blazing fast reply. In regards to default loadouts, is this now hardcoded into the pbo files? Seem to spawn with roadflares and 2 bandages only, I'm trying to add at least 1 can of food and drink to be fair. Would love to be able to tweak it if I knew where it was defined. :)

Yes.

RandomMagazines = 3;GuaranteedMagazines[] = {"ItemBandage","HandRoadFlare"};RandomPossibilitieMagazines[] = {"ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"};
  • Like 1

Unfortunately nobody at this stage is playing on the steam patch version.  I've set up another server US 435 on the steam patch and only a few people jump on and then immediately log off.  Thus I've set up US 434 to run on 112555.  It seems this patch is the most popular with the player base since it's on dayz commander as the latest beta patch.

If the other primary vanilla servers are willing to go to the steam patch I'm willing to move over to it.  In particular if US 3480 is willing to move I'll do so at the same time. 

The Steam Patch is currently not altogether stable enough.  We're still bouncing back after a serious downtime of the server--and I'm trying to make as few changes as possible.  Until there's either a clear consensus from the Vanilla Community, or a better option Via Steam Patch--we'll be hanging tight here.  Willing to work anything out though, it's just about keeping things stable.

Cheers,

Jimmy

I watched a video on Youtube showing how the blood test kit is supposed to work. However, when I tried it, it only shows the first stage, it doesn't get to the price your finger part - the important bit, it just exists the gear screen. Am I missing something or is it broken ?

I watched a video on Youtube showing how the blood test kit is supposed to work. However, when I tried it, it only shows the first stage, it doesn't get to the price your finger part - the important bit, it just exists the gear screen. Am I missing something or is it broken ?

Can you elaborate on that? If you mean by fingerpart, you need to press the left button twice the first time and once again every time you want to fill in the drops.

It took a few minutes for me to figure out but, once you get the blood test kit it's a doh why dind't I think of that with just about everything else int his game :p

124802 Seems to be the most stable just now that i can see. The problem is its not on DZC and there no word on whats happening with DZC.

I think for a little time just be ready to move over but stay on the older versions of the beta. Not really alot we can do until all the tools update. 

The Steam Patch is currently not altogether stable enough.  We're still bouncing back after a serious downtime of the server--and I'm trying to make as few changes as possible.  Until there's either a clear consensus from the Vanilla Community, or a better option Via Steam Patch--we'll be hanging tight here.  Willing to work anything out though, it's just about keeping things stable.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Okay understood Jimmy.  I can relate with your outages.  I'm on HFB as well and we've been down several times in the last 3 months.  Really kills the momentum.

• Like 1

Can anyone offer some insight on how the new vehicle system works? It appears that none are spawning on my server, and I haven't figured out how to spawn x number of vehicles in random locations across the map.

Beta Patch confusion notes:

I can only speak for my server, but I think if other Vanilla servers decide to join this--we should be able to band something together that will help a bit with uniformity.  

As of 9 June, using server patch 103718 is the most stable option.  Using in conjunction with client patch 116523 will yield the most stable results.  The latest patch currently available on DayZ Commander (112555) is too buggy to run efficiently, and is being worked on.  (if it makes you feel better, 103718 and 116523 are what we are using for testing/dev server patches atm, and it's confirmed to work best).

We (aka Razor) did send word off to have DayZ Commander force 116523 as it's 'latest' patch rather than 112555 which will help some client-side issues (at least for the folks using DayZ Commander).  If you can pass along to your friends, it may help some.  

Other Vanilla server Admin, if this is agreeable with your servers it may help strike a bit of uniformity. If not, I'll sit here quietly drinking my coffee and stalking Kichi through the woods.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Going to generate a new post that should clear this up

Edited by TG ! Jimmy

I can only speak for my server, but I think if other Vanilla servers decide to join this--we should be able to band something together that will help a bit with uniformity.  

As of 9 June, using server patch 103718 is the most stable option.  Using in conjunction with client patch 116523 will yield the most stable results.  

So, are you saying that as a client I can install the 116523 beta patch and play on your server running 103718?  Currently I have 112555 installed and I can join US434, but when I want to play on 3480 I cannot join and have to apply the 103718 patch.  I'm assuming 116523 is available through steam, correct?

From steam the patch I'm running is 124802. Any how, I'm unable to join US3480 because of the steam patch I think. Will not be able to join until the server is running 112555.

Edited by Borges

You can have both 124802 and 103718 installed together.

The difference is the way you load the game

/extensions/beta/arma2oaserver.exe < 103718

arma2oaserver.exe < 124802

• Like 1

Yep. Thats what a lot of people don't understand.

I rolled back my server to 103718 and now there are some players connecting after a week of 3-4 player all together. So sad.

• Like 1

Can anyone offer some insight on how the new vehicle system works? It appears that none are spawning on my server, and I haven't figured out how to spawn x number of vehicles in random locations across the map.

Call pMain(YOURINSTANCENUMBERGOESHERE); 

• Like 1

As of 9 June, using server patch 103718 is the most stable option.  Using in conjunction with client patch 116523 will yield the most stable results.  The latest patch currently available on DayZ Commander (112555) is too buggy to run efficiently, and is being worked on.  (if it makes you feel better, 103718 and 116523 are what we are using for testing/dev server patches atm, and it's confirmed to work best).

We (aka Razor) did send word off to have DayZ Commander force 116523 as it's 'latest' patch rather than 112555 which will help some client-side issues (at least for the folks using DayZ Commander).  If you can pass along to your friends, it may help some.  

Other Vanilla server Admin, if this is agreeable with your servers it may help strike a bit of uniformity. If not, I'll sit here quietly drinking my coffee and stalking Kichi through the woods.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I tried swapping back out to 103718 last night, immediately everyone running 112555 or greater was unable to connect. Even though I had requiredBuild at 103718 in my config.

So unless I messed something up, we're basically stuck on 11255 unless you don't mind having an empty server.

Edited by seaweed

Cheers,

Jimmy

I have updated Arma 2 OA to 124802 via steam and Arma 2 OA beta to 116523 via steam and I cannot connect to 3480 when launching from the 116523 beta ("Bad Version, server rejected connection").

I can launch Arma 2 OA 124802 via steam to connect to 124802 servers (I connected to US 435), and I can launch Arma 2 OA Beta116523  via Steam or my own shortcut and connect to 112555 servers (I connected to US 434).  But I *cannot* connect to 3480 which is on 103718 when launching with 116523.

Also, since I updated Arma 2 OA via steam to 124802, DZC will no longer let me downgrade to 103718.  Not sure what to do.  I can't join a 103718 server unless I uninstall everything and start from scratch.

I have updated Arma 2 OA to 124802 via steam and Arma 2 OA beta to 116523 via steam and I cannot connect to 3480 when launching from the 116523 beta ("Bad Version, server rejected connection").

I can launch Arma 2 OA 124802 via steam to connect to 124802 servers (I connected to US 435), and I can launch Arma 2 OA Beta116523  via Steam or my own shortcut and connect to 112555 servers (I connected to US 434).  But I *cannot* connect to 3480 which is on 103718 when launching with 116523.

Also, since I updated Arma 2 OA via steam to 124802, DZC will no longer let me downgrade to 103718.  Not sure what to do.  I can't join a 103718 server unless I uninstall everything and start from scratch.

It's as I suspected then, regardless of requiredBuild: 

Server running 103718: Only 103718 or lower can join

Server running 124802: Only 124802 or later can join

Server running 112555: 112555 + earlier & later patches can still join

So 112555 really is the only option atm if you want people in the server, now that the player base seem to have all upgraded to it (judging by gametracker numbers). Which is a total pain because of the 112555 bugs :( :(

DotJosh from dayzcommander needs to pull his finger out his ass basically and gamespy needs to hurry up and die!

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 2

Server running 103718: Only 103718 or lower can join

Server running 124802: Only 124802 or later can join

Server running 112555: 112555, earlier or later can still join

DotJosh from dayzcommander needs to pull his finger out his ass basically and gamespy needs to hurry up and die!

Thats helpful! Thanks!

And. This.

It is acknowledged and I have a fix attempt pushed to the Dev-Branch, but we haven't been able to reproduce it. The circumstances never seem to be the same, something must be causing the issue that we can't reproduce.

It seems it only happens inside a building.

I misquoted in my previous post, and probably didn't help.  Let me first apologize, and also agree with SeaWeed's above post.  Moving on!

DayZ Commander is causing some confusion at the moment, at least for folks playing my server.  DayZ Commander is saying "Latest" for beta patch 112555, which is not the latest beta patch; therefor, not the patch you should be using if your favorite server is running an older (103718) or newer (124802) version!  The most current beta is the one available via Steam, and is labeled 124802.  This means 1.63.124802 is the latest version you'd need to have running in order to connect to servers that have been updated.  Razor has written a very straightforward how-to in order to get your client updated, and as an additional note, it's worth considering using Steam to use/play DayZmod.  If we are using Steam, it will keep your client files updated for you and avoid future issues similar to the ones we're facing.

Clients: install build 124802 to your pc for the true latest files (and according to SeaWeed's testing if your server runs 124802 you will need to as well)

Admin/Servers: take a look at SeaWeed's above post to see which version you're running and be certain your clients know to run this.  Be prepared to upgrade to the latest patch soon! The longer we wait, the more confusion we're breeding among our ever-shrinking vanilla community!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Clients: install build 124802 to your pc for the true latest files (and according to SeaWeed's testing if your server runs 124802 you will need to as well)

Admin/Servers: take a look at SeaWeed's above post to see which version you're running and be certain your clients know to run this.  Be prepared to upgrade to the latest patch soon! The longer we wait, the more confusion we're breeding among our ever-shrinking vanilla community!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Be aware, though, that anybody that updates via steam while their beta is at 112555 or higher is *stuck* there and cannot downgrade to 103718 and therefore won't be able to join your server.  Even deleting and reinstalling Arma 2 OA beta starts it out at a more recent update and DZC can no longer downgrade it.  I suppose I could try wiping all of Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, and Arma 2 OA beta and reinstalling, but I don't know if that will do anything.

This is a real bummer for the vanilla DayZ fans.  Even the people in my group that used to play nightly have wandered off to play other games due to the confusion and low pop on vanilla servers.

• Like 1

Be aware, though, that anybody that updates via steam while their beta is at 112555 or higher is *stuck* there and cannot downgrade to 103718 and therefore won't be able to join your server.  Even deleting and reinstalling Arma 2 OA beta starts it out at a more recent update and DZC can no longer downgrade it.  I suppose I could try wiping all of Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, and Arma 2 OA beta and reinstalling, but I don't know if that will do anything.

This is a real bummer for the vanilla DayZ fans.  Even the people in my group that used to play nightly have wandered off to play other games due to the confusion and low pop on vanilla servers.

To go one step further, Steam beta just updated yet again a couple hours ago.  124879 is now the Steam version.  Which I'm currently stuck on, and just trying to find good workaround that other people will be able to pull off.  Sweet sweet misery.

Cheers,

Jimmy

edit: deleting all of your local content with Steam, and using DayZ commander to reinstall (not Steam) then only going as high as 103718 via DZC may work.  I have one of my users testing this now.  Also, there seems to be some pretty consistent errors when swapping from a DZC installed DayZ to Steam, in which you'll want to navigate to your documents directory and delete the Arma2 and Other Profiles directories.  Just some of the many fun times!

Edited by TG ! Jimmy