Sign in to follow this  
stryker007

min pc spec set by enforced min display settings

I think a minimum bar needs to be set on pc spec to save this game in the long term.

Any recent reasonable pc can play this game with some grass and shadow render detail... so the game should enforce the minimum to stop douchbags who are happy to play Dayz with stupid low settings looking cack just so they can see someone whos 1km deep in a forest!

Its highly evident that people do this to give them a totally unfair advantage which in turn puts pressure on everyone to do the same.

The game is meant to be realistic and moving around using concealment is a massive part of that.

I know this has to have been discussed previously, I think it needs addressing with a little more urgency.

Thoughts.....

• Like 2

Yeah thats the problem but allowing as good as zero settings for various aspects of the render ruins the game.... I know they want to sell "loads-a-copies" of the game but in time peeps will realise zero settings is ruining it.... well, apart from the pvp whores but it does make me wonder just how stupid people are that play dayz as strictly pvp because its a great atmospheric survival game but a terrible pvp game, there are many better alternatives for that....  All I can imagine is there are a lot more cousins marrying and/or babies being dropped on their heads than I know.

Yeah thats the problem but allowing as good as zero settings for various aspects of the render ruins the game.... I know they want to sell "loads-a-copies" of the game but in time peeps will realise zero settings is ruining it.... well, apart from the pvp whores but it does make me wonder just how stupid people are that play dayz as strictly pvp because its a great atmospheric survival game but a terrible pvp game, there are many better alternatives for that....  All I can imagine is there are a lot more cousins marrying and/or babies being dropped on their heads than I know.

the more work one has to do to get back to where they were the more rewarding it is to kill them?

eg;

cod or BF you kill someone 5 times meh? they respawn and run back with in seconds.

DayZ you kill some guy at NWAF who has full pristine gear and everything he spent days or even weeks avoiding people to gather "HA TROLLOLOLOLO! THANKS NOOB!"

its the same in eve online.

you can go to faction warfare space and get fair 1V1 fights well.. sometimes. but tis cheap easily replaced ships.

or you can go suicide attack some shiney-fit mission runner worth billions knowing full well thatb the AI police will kill you as a result. why do it? 10% because he might drop something expensive, 90% to troll him.

I think a minimum bar needs to be set on pc spec to save this game in the long term.

Any recent reasonable pc can play this game with some grass and shadow render detail... so the game should enforce the minimum to stop douchbags who are happy to play Dayz with stupid low settings looking cack just so they can see someone whos 1km deep in a forest!

Its highly evident that people do this to give them a totally unfair advantage which in turn puts pressure on everyone to do the same.

The game is meant to be realistic and moving around using concealment is a massive part of that.

I know this has to have been discussed previously, I think it needs addressing with a little more urgency.

Thoughts.....

NOOOO!! My PC can't handle it!!!

This can be implemented as a server option. Problem solved, everyone's happy.