Sign in to follow this  
xalienax

Petition: No more randomness in weapons, SKILL based combat.

Skill based shooting Only?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is the inclusion of non-Skill based shooting Mechanics a deal-breaker for you?

• No, I can live with the current system
    • Yes. Combat must be based on player skill and awareness alone.

AfraidWigglyCentipede.gif

Dat m4 accuracy ...........

Got a source for that? Those bullets appear to have gone where they were supposed to go. The problem in that .gif is the shitty collision detection in the engine and (looks like) desync. The same collision detection that caused you to shoot the ground when you were prone and tried to shoot downhill. The same collision detection that causes you to shoot those low stone walls when crouching/prone. The same collision detection that causes rain to not fall on your head when you standing on train tracks...

To test true skill

I found a secret technique that Rocket and Dean has hidden from us one that was in the archives I found it hidden in the script it's a falcon punch you need to break your legs and go from the most southern part of Chernarus where there is land to the north east and west in that order then punch zombies and playable characters to death ten of each without dying that are fully geared while talking saying you'll kill them repeat one hundred times if done correctly a my little pony named applejack will appear with the worlds biggest bronie t shirt on you will fly in a river of frosted flakes before ascending a unicorns rainbow farts after being sprinkled by fairy dust your pony should then poop Hershey kisses for the other survivors once you land you will be healed of all wounds repeat from beginning to end three hundred times now at this point if you did it correct you will be able to fly by swallowing disinfectant or at least eating it when you land this time hold shift P and click you will do a falcon punch with an explosive blast of the area including invulnerability this is a secret I shared with all of you if anything doesn't go in this order or correct manner or even the right objects then you will either A have a virus that will hack your account keeping you from ever making money again to support yourself B Be banned forever for trying this and failing or C Jeff the killer will chase you through any game you play while Tiny Tim's Tiptoe Through the Tulips play and will later come after you several hours after in real life or C Smiley will find you and make you do things you won't be proud of and finally D You may be sent to prison for life with no chance of parole if you want to fix those you must snap every game, CD, movie, and anything valuable that you have in half to reverse this then rebuy it all upgraded giving them to every forum user here including the admins and then buy it all for yourself again moving to a deserted island in the Atlantic where the children from Lord of The Flies live to avoid those problems and play video games once again it's worth the risk my friend do it!

With regards,
Your lovely cuddly friend, Xenology (And Littlfinger *Look Below*)

Got a source for that? Those bullets appear to have gone where they were supposed to go. The problem in that .gif is the shitty collision detection in the engine and (looks like) desync. The same collision detection that caused you to shoot the ground when you were prone and tried to shoot downhill. The same collision detection that causes you to shoot those low stone walls when crouching/prone. The same collision detection that causes rain to not fall on your head when you standing on train tracks...

The guy was not moving there should not be any problem with collision detection.

The m4 is really that in accurate most people dont notice due to them spraying.

What is also alarming is how many shots it took to kill.

I am counting 2 abdomen shots, 2 leg shots, 1 neck and 1 head shot to finally kill.

Gibonez, you should just quit. Or become a developer.

This game will never reflect what you demand. You won't ever be satisfied. Move on.

• Like 1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161661-accuracy-comparison-dayz-vs-arma-2/

It appears Gews has already looked thru the game files for the actual dispersion values, and provided nice little graphics for comparison with the A2 values (used in the mod)

The guy was not moving there should not be any problem with collision detection.

The m4 is really that in accurate most people dont notice due to them spraying.

What is also alarming is how many shots it took to kill.

I am counting 2 abdomen shots, 2 leg shots, 1 neck and 1 head shot to finally kill.

The railing. You can clearly see the bullet ricochet off the railing in the first shot due to the shitty collision detection in the engine. This is why I wanted the source. All of the other bullets went where they were supposed to. 

A weapons condition does not affect the accuracy of it that much, unless the rifling is worn to the point of nonexistence. Worn or damaged weapons are more likely to have feeding, extracting, ejecting and cocking issues.

The railing. You can clearly see the bullet ricochet off the railing in the first shot due to the shitty collision detection in the engine. This is why I wanted the source. All of the other bullets went where they were supposed to. 

The ricochet is the other player shooting the target 2 times through the abdomen and the leg.

The players first shot goes up up and misses the head completely no hit detection issues at all just crappy implementation of guns.

Even the 2 foot shots where inaccurate he was missing by mere inches but had the gun had realistic accuracy it would have been hits.

A weapons condition does not affect the accuracy of it that much, unless the rifling is worn to the point of nonexistence. Worn or damaged weapons are more likely to have feeding, extracting, ejecting and cocking issues.

True and rifling is usually quite good in most modern guns due to the lack of corrosive ammo and chrome lined barrels.

Mosins however.... those things fire terrible ammo and lack the chrome lining usually.

Edited by gibonez

The ricochet is the other player shooting the target 2 times through the abdomen and the leg.

The players first shot goes up up and misses the head completely no hit detection issues at all just crappy implementation of guns.

Even the 2 foot shots where inaccurate he was missing by mere inches but had the gun had realistic accuracy it would have been hits.

Anyways, please give me a link to the source video so we can analyze it further.

Anyways, please give me a link to the source video so we can analyze it further.

Dont have one all I saw was the gif.

Guys you are confused, Gibonez wants the game to reflect exactly what is required for him to succeed.  Everything else is meaningless to him.

Perfect Caboose!

Only, Gib wants him to be like the top one, and everyone else to be super slow for...realism?

Guys you are confused, Gibonez wants the game to reflect exactly what is required for him to succeed.  Everything else is meaningless to him.

Reflexes are something else entirely.

I want forced free aim for everyone how is that going to help me succeed ?

merely want realistic weapons.

merely want realistic weapons.

Second video shows average people using realistic weapons

Second video shows average people using realistic weapons

second video shows a very light man shooting a safari gun for the first time.

That isn't a regular gun he is firing, probably firing a 700 nitro express.

imagen-947.jpg

not your normal gun man that this is going to give anyone trouble.

As for the rest of the people yea you cant fix idiots.

Either way the gun shot where the gun was pointed at in each and every case. Even with idiots behind the gun the gun shot where it was pointed at that cant be said for dayz.

Edited by gibonez

You want the impossible.  You can't have realistic weapons.  There is no way to model M4's laying around the country side of a made up location, fired by non-existent people, using a mouse and keyboard (or worse, a game controller) to simulate an untrained civilian shooting.

The sooner you accept the fact that anything added to the game is a compromise, the faster the rest of us can discuss topics without you stumbling in complaining about things that aren't an impediment to game play.

And just for fun this morning, I used my M4, with pristine mag pul handguard and stock, but badly damaged carry handle, to unload on trees at roughly 50m, 100m, and 150m.

In all cases, holding breath from a standing position, shots hit the bark.

Take your dispersion nonsenses somewhere else and actually improve you playing.  That will solve the "problems" you have with the guns.

• Like 2