Sign in to follow this  
RedScorpion

Gateway desktop DX4860 - Can it run dayZ?

I dont know where this topic should be but w/e My computer cant run dayZ for sht and im wondering about buying the Gateway desktop DX4860. You can look on google for the specs if it helps but personally im not sure about this. If anyone has this gaming desktop then please write a review for me on how well it runs on dayZ.

4860 specs:

Specifications : http://www.cnet.com/products/gateway-dx-desktop/specs/

DayZ:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB VRAM or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

It will run, you could build a better PC for the price though.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

at which settings can it run dayZ well? I want to know which settings can run dayZ the smoothest (without fps lag) while still looking decently good.

Hell to the no. Not at any good frames.

You would be extremely lucky to get past 10 frames. Arma 2 optimization is awful, your graphics card would not handle it.

I have this exact same rig and i have 2000 hours in game for dayz SA! So YES it will run the game, but you have to use the lowest video settings possible. I get between 20-30 fps in game and the reason why you can even though it does not meet minimum video card requirements is that Dayz is very cpu dependent and the i-5 2320 makes up for the graphics card. I'm in the process of upgrading the power supply and Graphics card (r7-250x) that should make the game look alot better.

I have this exact same rig and i have 2000 hours in game for dayz SA! So YES it will run the game, but you have to use the lowest video settings possible. I get between 20-30 fps in game and the reason why you can even though it does not meet minimum video card requirements is that Dayz is very cpu dependent and the i-5 2320 makes up for the graphics card. I'm in the process of upgrading the power supply and Graphics card (r7-250x) that should make the game look alot better.

if you can, go to the 260x you wont regret it

All it needs is a new GPU, the CPU look fine. I say look because the specs are good lot of memory each core, speed is decent, and its 4 cores. But, it doesn't say what CPU it is. Grab a Radeon 7770 GhZ edition your good to go.

Looks like i ran into a roadblock, when i put in the R7-250x i get a black screen saying "signal input out of range change to 1680x1050 ". The bios does not give any option to change the graphics to pci-e and i disabled the onboard graphics and uninstalled its driver.

Looks like i ran into a roadblock, when i put in the R7-250x i get a black screen saying "signal input out of range change to 1680x1050 ". The bios does not give any option to change the graphics to pci-e and i disabled the onboard graphics and uninstalled its driver.

Boot into VGA mode. Sounds like windows defaulted to a res higher than your monitor supports

http://www.playtool.com/pages/safemode/safemode.html

Edited by Bakermensch