Sign in to follow this  
MarchmelloMan

Murphy's law and DayZ

Yea Berezino is too far away from Balota, but I would run to NE airfield then, it's about a 15 minutes run from there.

Who says I am 20 minutes at the airfield :D whoever stays that long is probably camping and lurking for other players. But for looting it only takes just 2-3 minutes. It's not the area I wanna have a picnic.

Spawing in Berezino on a decent pop server I wouldn't even bother with NEAF. Given how many people spawn in the area and likely *stay* in the area so that if they die in a firefight they have a chance to make it back and re-equip off corpses.  NWAF is generally quite vacant because squads know if anyone dies it's a bloody long hike back from the coast. Dunno if you can even make it without starving from fresh spawn.

20 min would apply more to Balota and NWAF while solo with the tent areas and more structures; Plus the time it takes to move through the area reasonably securely as opposed to a YOLO dash building to building. :)

Spawing in Berezino on a decent pop server I wouldn't even bother with NEAF. Given how many people spawn in the area and likely *stay* in the area so that if they die in a firefight they have a chance to make it back and re-equip off corpses.  NWAF is generally quite vacant because squads know if anyone dies it's a bloody long hike back from the coast. Dunno if you can even make it without starving from fresh spawn.

20 min would apply more to Balota and NWAF while solo with the tent areas and more structures; Plus the time it takes to move through the area reasonably securely as opposed to a YOLO dash building to building. :)

Yea right, but the thing is; when I'm equipped (weapon, ammo and not naked) I go look for trouble and other equipped players/squads..  going to NWAF would pretty much a profitable but also secure and quite lonely walk (and place to be). And it's still a very long walk.

In most cases you can spot the other players from further away and decide if to engage or not. If you meet a heavily equipped other hostile player that suprisingly jumps into your arms, well, that's the risk you gotta take. It's just for murphy's law, when you let your guard down at the worst possible point in time, thinking  the probability is just too low to meet another player right now, that you will die :P.

Too bad that you don't find the scopes in Berezino and Elektro, that's actually the main reason I go for AFs, plus the M4.

Im encountering murphy's laws while playing dayz too... especially this particular one: The chance that you will die is directly proportional to the rarity of the things you own = i get a LRS after a week and BAM! deadly stairs strike again :D

I always enjoy the excitement of high populated servers. Even with the higher risk of death it keeps you in-the-mix. Even then that som o' B*$@ Murphy never ceases to ruin my day.

I had strolled into a town after recently spawning and came across another survivor. He looked to have just a weapon but seemed friendly. We looted a building together and then just as I thought we were both ready to go on our merry ways, he punches me out and strips me of all my stuff. At least he left me some shoes...

op its because your trying to play on empty servers to increase your chances of getting equipment at airbases or whatever, im glad your getting killed by other server hoppers haha