Sign in to follow this  
DeliciousCookies

AI Military recon patrols

Here's an idea that I've toyed around with, maybe there could be a random path (Not with the most valuable loot with them, no) military AI squad patrolling random areas of chernarussia, preferably the Russian spetsnaz units doing a recon survey of the area (as the Chernarussian control has been taken out by the apocalypse thingy), and their teamleader would have a radio with him.

Now the thing: If you find a radio (As I've found, not a hacked thing apparently)

you could intercept their situational reports rarely (giving away their grid), and possibly go in there and try to take them out for medium/good loot. This would make an interesting mechanic for experienced players who have survived for long to acquire a radio.

You might also run in to them randomly, but the idea of specific AI constantly being somewhere in the game might cause some problems I know.

Feel free to develop the idea or criticize of course.

This doesn't sound like a bad idea. Something to kill other than players and zombies. :P

Might even be a challenge. But like you pointed it, there might be complications involved.

Either way, +1 on this.

Yes but this isn't meant to replace PvP at all, the AI wouldn't have as good gear as you could find on the best players. Just some basic to good things really. I think they could fire at you aswell but the group would need to be restricted from new player areas for that.

They also shouldn't go that near towns because of the zombies and would make more sense if they stayed in the woods too, but I hope that is not making it too complicated.

Would love to see Military helicopters overhead and pretty much on a regular basis.Very limited AI routine to have no impact on game and so they never attack.I am talking just a N to S or E to W helicopter or a group of them.

Not more PVE. More player interaction, whether combat or trade or co-operation, whatever.

Player stuff. Not more PVE.

Scenario I thought of. These recon teams are sent into the area to take out the uninfected in case they're holding the infected disease but it is dormant until X time and they don't want it spread into possible safe zones. Obviously these safe zones wouldn't exist in game but I like the scenario.

The point is that the infection wiped out all such organisations, apart from a few small groups, maybe a military base here or there holding out, but they wouldn't be risking groups doing recon without any real purpose.

I'd like this suggestion with the following modification. Spetznaz patrols coming in from off-map positions, mounted in maybe a Vodnik (tough, armed but not too heavy, scary to survivors).

That are maybe hostile to bandits but not survivors? (i'm an accidental bandit from self-defence so i'm not saying this as what some call a 'carebear'). They don't recon, because this isn't a military concern, recon is pointless in the traditional sense, they are looting specific important locations for ammunition, which is of course no longer being manufactured, and surviving soldiers in bases for reinforcements. So, they could enter the map via a road, head to 2-3 key locations such as airbases, military bases, key cities etc, and then get the hell out again. Provided they aren't killed by zeds and/or players of course. They would have cool Russian weapons such as the Ak-107 or the AK-74, hand grenades, and maybe a RPK/PK that could be added in, but this is of course an optional detail. This would be a cool event based thing to add to the game.

There would be a chance to take their vehicle, which is not as overpowered as the UH1-Y, but a very tough ground vehicle, armed with 2 x PKM.