Johnny_reb9

Trouble with racist names

Finally heard back from my GSP and banning is out of the question.  Hackers, can stay, racists can stay, pedophiles can stay.  This is sick.  Kicking them is not enough.

Mate at least you tried, you should at least be able to warn them to change their name.

That's the whole problem with internet, behind the safety of their pc or laptop, people choose to act the way they aren't allowed in real world.

No, I wouldn't. I'm not going to lose any sleep over some thirteen year old kid's "funny" nickname. 

no one will loose sleep over it, but that still doesn't make it right. I just felt like yelling "please wont someone think of the children" ha ha

Edited by ld-airgrafix

The only wrong you're committing is making some overly sensitive people uneasy.

I don't know what uneasy overly sensitive people has to do with this topic, just like the first amendment or ten commandments, 

GSP guildelines are pretty clear, you can kick abusive players and for most reasonable people and overly sensible too racism is indeed abusive. Admins are usually not personally offended, they don't know the color and creed of all the players on their servers, so allowing some 12 yo with a racist name on their server, reflects badly on them and their server.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 5

^

Yep, as Dallas says .. who is on-line ?

If you are walking in the street, people look at you and judge you before they even know you. And how do they do that ?

By your race, your sex, your age, and your clothes - and your clothes probably show what kind of income you have

so its - Skin color, Sex, Age, Money - all that without speaking or knowing you or finding out what KIND of human being you are

A GREAT thing about the internet is that nothing of this SHOWS.. you just interact with human beings and all you know is they are HUMAN with their own individuality and their own thoughts and ideas. That's good.

You meet them up front and you may NEVER know what age they are, what sex, what color their skin is, how much income they have.. you might find out that stuff LATER if you/they want, but first up front you meet another human being, and that's all.

The people on this forum - I dont know what color they are, how old they are, what country they live in, if they are male or female..

[i guess there are a lot of english speakers, but it's a language that gets used in many places, its a useful general language: and that's all I know about YOU]

I have to listen to you FIRST to decide who you are

That is VERY COOL, really GOOD. Don't knock it, we have a world communication going on here, anybody can meet with anybody and share what they think and what they feel. That's the BEST.. it's the way to go.

Also - I think - just for the FUN of life -  it's good for everyone to have their own skin color, their own eyes, hair color, height, age, their own ideas, own job, own place, background, living space .. everyone different, some things shared and some things unique. I like the idea of a lot of different people wearing their skins - like fashion clothes - so we can all look good and interesting in different ways. Oh yes. I like it that people have different ideas, and different accents (and two different physical sexes is very OK, whatever you decide to do with it), and no one age is better than any other age, its JUST DIFFERENT, and no eye color is better than another, it just makes life more INTERESTING

And if you have any STRANGE old ideas, that one color hair is better than another color hair and brown eyes are better than blue eyes, (maybe because that's the SAME as you?) then the internet gives you a chance to find out who is REALLY interesting, and what ideas are really happening, you have to LISTEN before you decide about people, you can't use your old ideas to decide any other way.. you don't know anything about them except how they act, their way of thinking, what they say, their interests.

So we've got some world community here, don't try to screw it up by staying in a little dumb group of people who look like you, and shouting insults at everyone else, that's stone-age, it's really NOT what's happening. You're just showing the world that you can't make it.

net equality

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

See, here in lies the problem. If you go to MPGS Wiki it tells you are allowed to ban for specific reasons. How is it that one GSP can have different rules than another? That doesn't make sense.

If one has a set of rules then it should apply across the board not made up individually from GSP to GSP. How are we supposed to Admin our servers properly if the rules laid out aren't even clear enough for us to follow?

This definitely needs to be clarified because it appears some Admins may get blacklisted for following rules set out by their GSP that aren't even applicable? Really!?

There is nothing that prevents a GSP from providing the option to ban a user for racism, hacking, etc. Hypothetically a GSP may be deciding not to provide that option to their users either because they do not wish to deal with the hassle of people abusing the ban function or because they do not have the functionality built into their systems to provide the option. Obviously I'm just speculating of course.

At Multiplay we are in the right by allowing admins to ban their users for such behaviour/issues. :)

welcome, let me introduce you to the internet.

how people get offended by racial names on a fucking mmo is a mystery to me

i mean come on...

i was playing on a server last night and a player name was TheRapist.

Sure being raped is worse than someone calling you a #$%^&

Anonymity makes the internet a cesspool. The fact that you can't link a player name back to a steam name is problematic, DayZ SA essentially allows for completely anonymous play so anyone can do anything without risk. That's problematic.

People (especially in the USA) confuse freedom of speech/expression and internet freedom with meaning they can say/write anything with impunity. That is, and always will be false. I mean, look at what happened to Donald Sterling. You're free from the government, but not from the populous identifying you as a douchebag and reacting accordingly. The same goes for online player names - there is absolutely no reason to accept certain things, one of them being racism or language that really has no place anywhere. There is no argument that anyone can possibly make that can justify use of racist in game names as being "ok" or acceptable, period. 

... unless you're a douchebag trying to get a rise out of people, in which place you deserve to get kicked and ultimately banned when/if that's enabled.

• Like 2

Hello there

This is why we dont tolerate the use  of the N word here. Its easy to ignore things. That way you dont have to get "involved".

Id rather stop these things or at least make people think about their actions. If I can get one out of a thousand to realise he is being offensive and ignorant then im happy.

The ignore it if "im" ok attitude isnt one I personally subscribe to.

Rgds

LoK

Together united we can gobble these fools up and extricate the filth that may lurk in DayZ Say not to racism 

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

P.s. I'm agreeing with you

Regards, Xenology

Edited by Xenology
  • Like 1

My question is this:

Why do so many white people call each other the N word nowadays??

Can the African races be so powerful that they've turned racism on it's head lol.

My question is this:

Why do so many white people call each other the N word nowadays??

Can the African races be so powerful that they've turned racism on it's head lol.

White people don't call each other the N word, and if they do, they're in high school and don't understand what they're saying - either because they're living in ignorant areas or don't have parents who're raising them properly.

Edited by Death By Crowbar
  • Like 1