Iperrymarkz

Soo... Should I go Mod or Standalone?

Hey guys I'm new here so sorry if I posted in wrong area.

But I've never played any dayz but I always wanted to, so iam going to buy ONE of them not sure which one.

I only want to play dayz I don't wanna play any other mods or play the campaign(If I get the mod version)

And I know the mod version is a little tough to download but I also heard that the SA is buggy and what not.

So if anyone could help it would be appreciated

You can't buy the mod. I understand what you mean (i.e. buying ARMA 2 OA), but its a discrepancy that isn't insignificant

• Like 1

The mod is easy to download and get running if you use the right programs. The SA is in alpha, so know exactly what that means.

Why do you want to play either? What's your goal here? If it's just to see what all the fuss is about, I'd say find a good sale on Arma 2 and get the mod. If you're dead set on playing DayZ and want to see it develop, get SA. In either case, this isn't a game for everyone. Can be loads of fun, but can also be frustrating and boring.

• Like 1

The mod is easy to download and get running if you use the right programs. The SA is in alpha, so know exactly what that means.

Why do you want to play either? What's your goal here? If it's just to see what all the fuss is about, I'd say find a good sale on Arma 2 and get the mod. If you're dead set on playing DayZ and want to see it develop, get SA. In either case, this isn't a game for everyone. Can be loads of fun, but can also be frustrating and boring.

Same reason I play COD and madden and Wow and ESO. I'm a gamer I plan on playing it for awhile, I understand that it's hard and not for everyone.

You've already missed the best days of the mod, and if you aren't even thinking of playing any ArmA2 or operation arrowhead I'd say maybe the SA is your best bet. It will get better, it's buggy and early dev at the min but you should already know that. The mod does still have a lot more to do than SA at the minute, but as I say, SA will get more and will obviously overtake the mod in due time. 

Though I'd still then contradict all I've said by saying dude get Arma 2 & OA and play the mod it's f**king great. Then get standalone later - once you've learnt the ways of the mod. You'll prolly like the SA better because you'll have a better jist of what to do and will see the additions the standalone has already got over the mod and appreciate the growth of the SA more. 

• Like 1

The mod can be a great game if your fortunate to come across the right server with good admins, and for what you are looking for. many are quite the same, same 500+ vehicles, snap building etc so on and so forth. But some have like walking zombies and really good admins too (old style zombie fan so i enjoy the walking dead style servers). If i had the choice though now, i would just buy the mod and buy the standalone in about 6 months, unless you want near on pure PvP and dont mind it, with no building of any kind, no hunting and dont mind spending many hours running across a map. The standalone has very few + points over the mod as it stands now. The inventory system is better........ erm.... the graphics look better.... more character customization...... erm..... struggling.... that is all. Just keep in mind that the standalones progress is pretty much stand still at this moment in time. 

Go mod and enjoy something that works right now. have a blast, maybe find a crew to run with that suits your playstyle and wait for SA to be more fleshed out.

go mod.

Enjoy the various mods + give ACE mod a try.

Standalone is not enjoyable at all atm.

Unless you are a glutton for pain and enjoy broken stuff.

Go buy potatos and force-feed rotten kiwis random ppl on street.