Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

How to tell if a person is dead or unconcious

A lot of the time I usually see a person laying face first on the ground my first instinct is to send one of my buddies over to him to check the pulse to figure out his status. Reddit user  PUSH_AX found that the position of a persons leg will tell you their status.

If the left leg is bent in about a 45 degree angle it means that the person  is unconcious while if the legs are straight the player is dead. This can be extremly useful so if you hear a gun shot next you, and then notice a body falling you can tell whether you can save the person. This can also be used when engaging other players so when you shoot them you can see if their dead or alive just by a quick glance at their legs to avoid needed to waste extra bullets ruinning more gear to make sure you will not die.

Here is the original post on reddit: 

http://ww.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/25jnlu/quick_tip_dont_waste_time_checking_pulses/

Here is the picture:

S7EcKJf.png

• Like 14

I just smack any bodys I see on my way out.:P

thanks for the info though beans to you

Also walking dead gif in your sig makes it worth it (no wonder there is no army in dayz)

Awesome, man. I'm definitely going to share this with my platoon.

Lol I never noticed this. My way before was seeing if I can hide body unconscious players, you could only dead people. Nice info.

In engagements, y'don't risk it in the first place.

Double tap and leave them.

In engagements, y'don't risk it in the first place.

Double tap and leave them.

What point is their in shooting someone, yet not looting them (besides getting caught in ambush situations).

Sorry but this is wrong. I've killed a number of people since seeing this thread and have found my kills with one leg up. I believe however if I knock them unconscious and then they CHOOSE to click respawn it will change their animation and position.

• Like 1

What point is their in shooting someone, yet not looting them (besides getting caught in ambush situations).

Headshot ruins nothing but headgear.

If you are a disciplined shooter, you can loot them- I just choose not to, and double tap the few people I kill.

S7EcKJf.png

also the unconsious person has the upper right arm part directly at his chest, while the dead one has the right arm showing away from his upper body

helps if people "fall" through walls and you can't see their lower body

will only work though if the dead guys allready clicked respawn

Edited by Zombo

also the unconsious person has the upper right arm part directly at his chest, while the dead one has the right arm showing away from his upper body

helps if people "fall" through walls and you can't see their lower body

will only work though if the dead guys allready clicked respawn

I would suspect that most people would hit respawn pretty soon.

What happened to his cacks on second pic??! Thanks anyhow, good tip!

Hope they will make it harder to find out if someone is dead or not (feeling for pulse).

There was a suggestion elswhere to hide a body by actually putting it elsewhere / burying it. I think this risk is what should be in the game - will he wake up and kill me while I loot him?

No risk, no fun :)

Looks like dying makes your pants fall off too, that seems like a pretty good indicator

It doesn't work 4/10 times. I killed many people that showed unconscious position but I already have hidden their bodies, so they couldn't be unconscious. So don't trust on OP's tip. Always do control shot. I never loot my bodies, so I instantly hide them or try to destroy their inventory.

• Like 1

Here's a suggestion for the devs. The hide body function should only be available once the body in question has had it's pulse checked. That way we can't just tell it's dead straight away without having to check the pulse.

Simple solution...

Don't bother with the unconcious stage..

Put a couple of rounds in his head once hes down.

You know, just to be sure.

Since we can't nuke em from orbit yet...