~TT~

"Please wait" and then "Your dead"

Uh, no. Totally disagree. You shouldn't ever load in without being able to control your character. That is dumb.

As far as ghosting, why did they deem it necessary to remove the reloading sound effects upon logging in? That took care of ghosting quite nicely.

so you say ghosting is bad, that ghosting should be dealt with by the login-sound, but you should totally be still able to shoot people right after ghosting without a delay?

i don't get your point

so you say ghosting is bad, that ghosting should be dealt with by the login-sound, but you should totally be still able to shoot people right after ghosting without a delay?

i don't get your point

I didn't say that. I said not being able to control your character upon login is stupid. Staring at a blank screen while you get lit up without being able to flee is what I think is bad.

I'd be fine with a timer of 5-10 seconds that prevents you from drawing your weapon upon logging in. I'd also like to see them return the sound effects upon login as well, as I feel these sounds are the greatest anti-ghost measure. I don't know how many people I've popped while camping various buildings over the months after hearing the signature shk-shk of an M4A1 near me. I've never been killed in those situations, so to me, that's a pretty good deterrent for would-be ghosters. The additional timer would just insure ghosting dies.

Most of my situations of "Please Wait" seem to occur after server resets, where I get no chance of control in where my character is at the time. There are a few servers which kindly let you know ahead of time when the server is nearing shutdown, most of the public ones I play on don't.

I agree that ghosters should be combatted but I don't think that that a delay in which the logging player is powerless to do anything is the way to do it. ( I think I heard an idea similar to this in the rezzed video -->)  Maybe they could check if there's someone in the area/building or if there is a base present when you log in so that you log in somewhere different, slightly further away where there are no other players in the immediate vicinity. Maybe in a shack somewhere so you're not completely visible standing on open terrain. In any case solving ghosting will be very difficult to do as there will almost certainly be a way for someone to exploit or be inconvenienced by any given system. I'm sure the devs will do their best though. 

cuz its good 20/10 anti-logger protection XDDDDDDDD

No, really. It shouldn't spawn you in until you can actually see where you are. Seriously.

• Like 1