Sign in to follow this  
zombieland78

Keeping zombies out of buildings for Epoch

[EDIT: sorry, this should be in the mod suggestions section]

Been playing Epoch for a while now and reckon this would change things quite significantly.

I had a town house as a base recently and just had to ditch it because, despite having a locked wooden outer door and a locked reinforced steel inner door, upon crafting ANYTHING (or running) the zombies would just walk through the doors and up the stairs to eat us. I have one screen shot of a our hallway floor COVERED in corpses due to accidental firearm discharge.

This aint realistic.

So here's a suggestion that SHOULD be straightforward to make:

axing up a tree and yeilding, say 6 lumber (from 12 wood stacks) allows you to craft one barricade (windows size, may need two for a full door size). So you know how zombies can't attack you when you're standing very close to a vehicle? Just add this same function for the barricades. Also prevents zombie line of site for when you board up windows etc.

This should also be implemented for any locked door. 

Apparently there is a script available to do this currently with any buildable object. So like I say, shouldn't be hard to implement. 

Edited by zombieland78

You do realise that this forum is not for Epoch, right?

Moved to Mod section.

Edited by kichilron

Oh, right. Sorry I thought that 'mod' just meant that it encapsulated all the DayZ mods?

No, these forums are about the original DayZ Mod out of which the Standalone developed. We do not have anything to do with any of its derivates.

Epoch Mod has its own forum.