Sign in to follow this  
OnePersian

M4 Silencer

So I recently picked up a silencer for my M4 and I know it does not work currently. But I do have it equipped (just for looks) and was wondering if it had any impact on the accuracy/bullet spread etc? Also I have found a compensator for my mosin but it is "badly damaged," will it perform the same as a "pristine" compensator? Yes, I carry a Mosin on my back and an M4 in my hands, it's a pain in the ass but I like the combo. Let me know what you guys think. 

I carry the same combo. :P  I have't seen a difference in using the compensator at all, same with the silencer.  Nor have I seen a difference in gun sway while prone with a pristine bipod.  I think most of the attachments are just for looks at the moment.

I believe the bipod helps only when prone, so I believe.

• Like 1

It's not a silencer it is a suppressor 

• Like 3

I like the M4 (with a fire axe) on its own; I spend a lot of time in cities, where the 4x sight and semi-auto + 30 round magazine is more useful than a bolt-action and a long range scope.

The suppressor is a 100% cosmetic item ATM, *because its dispersion factor makes your bullet one one-billionth % more accurate.

The compensator narrows bullet spread (last I heard), but should (eventually) work like a real compensator in the future. I don't know if their affect on accuracy is dependant on condition or not.

Edited by Applejaxc

No difference at all with either of the attachments you mentioned. Just cosmetic at the moment. But if you inspect the suppressor there is a switch for off and on so I believe you will have to turn it on to use it or turn it off if you do not want to be suppressed. Or maybe its a clip to attach and tighten it down. Not sure

It's not a silencer it is a suppressor 

It's not a suppressor it's a placeholder ;) 

• Like 8

lol and all silencers in the game should be useless untill they put sub-sonic ammo

into the game ,doubt they've even thought about it. Regular ammo used with a

silencer is just as loud as without it after several shots. Might aswell use a taped

on plastic gallon milk jug.

Edited by Karmicdebt
  • Like 1

Ahhh, actually my comment was just a placeholder and at time of print was factually correct........  :P

• Like 3

lol and all suppressors in the game should be useless untill they put sub-sonic ammo

into the game ,doubt they've even thought about it. Regular ammo used with a

silencer suppressor is just as loud as without it after several shots. Might aswell use a taped

on plastic gallon milk jug.

That is not true, if you fix it from silencers to suppressors. ;)

Edited by lrish

That is not true, if you fix it from silencers to suppressors. ;)

It most certainly is true and "if" my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle....

• Like 2

Paging Dr. Gews, paging Dr. Gews.

His study shows that yes bayonet and suppressor both affect accuracy by 1/3 MOA, negligibly in this game, you won't notice it

lol and all silencers in the game should be useless untill they put sub-sonic ammo into the game

Not true. Suppressors do decrease the dB level of supersonic ammunition. They modulate the sound as well, making it harder to pinpoint the origin of a shot downrange. Plus, they make CQC more buddy friendly. Hence why the majority of folks who run suppressors do with supersonic ammunition.

It's still loud, sure. But it's a different kind of loud from an unsuppressed weapon. Gews has a much more scientific explanation.

Subsonic ammunition (5.56x45 NATO) in this instance, is indeed used by the US military. Although, very infrequently.

Would I mind if they included subsonic ammunition? Not at all.

Do I want it? Sure.

Do suppressors need it to be useful? No.

Edited by Katana67

Not true. Suppressors do decrease the dB level of supersonic ammunition. They modulate the sound as well, making it harder to pinpoint the origin of a shot downrange. Plus, they make CQC more buddy friendly. Hence why the majority of folks who run suppressors do with supersonic ammunition.

It's still loud, sure. But it's a different kind of loud from an unsuppressed weapon. Gews has a much more scientific explanation.

Subsonic ammunition (5.56x45 NATO) in this instance, is indeed used by the US military. Although, very infrequently.

Would I mind if they included subsonic ammunition? Not at all.

Do I want it? Sure.

Do suppressors need it to be useful? No.

youve never used a silencer IRL have you?

Edited by Karmicdebt

youve never used a silencer IRL have you?

Actually, I have. I've never been shot at by someone using a suppressor (for which I'm very thankful), so I can't personally vouch for the aspect that suppressors modulate the sound as to make it more difficult to ascertain the origin of the shot.

Given that you're going on about silencers, I'm going to wager that you haven't though.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

Actually, I have. I've never been shot at by someone using a suppressor (for which I'm very thankful), so I can't personally vouch for the aspect that suppressors modulate the sound as to make it more difficult to ascertain the origin of the shot.

Given that you're going on about silencers, I'm going to wager that you haven't though.

spent many years in the military actually using weapons and getting shot at for my country 

years before you were born. qualified with 42 different weapons how many have qualified in,

as for silencers making a weapon subsonic without subsonic ammo, thats pure tripe.

So why dont you go try things instead of just reading about it on the internet.

So because I voice an opinion base on experience and fact you assume I know nothing about it?

Edited by Karmicdebt

spent many years in the military actually using weapons and getting shot at for my country 

years before you were born. qualified with 42 different weapons how many have qualified in,

as for silencers making a weapon subsonic without subsonic ammo, thats pure tripe.

So why dont you go try things instead of just reading about it on the internet.

So because I voice an opinion base on experience and fact you assume I know nothing about it?

No, because you assumed I knew nothing about it... I assumed you knew nothing about it. Treat others the way you would like to be treated, hypocrite. You can keep on making this a dick-measuring contest, like you started, or you can engage the discussion in a mature fashion (as to justify your supposed "years" of experience).

I never said it makes the round subsonic, you must have misread. It said it lowers the dB level. The round is still supersonic, but studies have shown (on .22LR in this instance) that suppressors can lower the dB level of a supersonic round on the order of 40-50 dB (30 dB for 5.56x45).

http://silencertalk.com/results.htm

Read what I actually wrote please.

"It's still loud, sure. But it's a different kind of loud from an unsuppressed weapon."

"Suppressors do decrease the dB level of supersonic ammunition."

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

No, because you assumed I knew nothing about it... I assumed you knew nothing about it. Treat others the way you would like to be treated, hypocrite. You can keep on making this a dick-measuring contest, like you started, or you can engage the discussion in a mature fashion (as to justify your supposed "years" of experience).

I never said it makes the round subsonic, you must have misread. It said it lowers the dB level. The round is still supersonic, but studies have shown (on .22LR in this instance) that suppressors can lower the dB level of a supersonic round on the order of 50 dB.

http://silencertalk.com/results.htm

Read what I actually wrote please.

"It's still loud, sure. But it's a different kind of loud from an unsuppressed weapon."

"Suppressors do decrease the dB level of supersonic ammunition."

LOL that F'n .22 the shell that has the least powder of any round

and as for assuming you know nothing about it son

you apparently dont. Ive used them, dont like them there is really no

noticeable reduction of noise. Just because its on a page on the Internet 

doesnt make it true, would rather deal from experience since you dont have any

I can understand your ignorance. 

LOL that F'n .22 the shell that has the least powder of any round

and as for assuming you know nothing about it son

you apparently dont. Ive used them, dont like them there is really no

noticeable reduction of noise. Just because its on a page on the Internet 

doesnt make it true, would rather deal from experience since you dont have any

I can understand your ignorance. 

On the contrary, your ignorance reveals you know nothing. In addition, it tells me that you're unswayed by new information out of pride.

Enjoy your life, not going to continue engaging someone who won't acknowledge simple facts.

Toodles!

• Like 4

On the contrary, your ignorance reveals you know nothing. In addition, it tells me that you're unswayed by new information out of pride.

Enjoy your life, not going to continue engaging someone who won't acknowledge simple facts.

Toodles!

By all means go ahead and bail :)

I thought the compensator was only meant to reduce recoil. 

Honest to god I don't think the comp actually does anything on the Mosin. I can't tell either way, but I haven't used the Mosin as much as I've used the M4 in-game to tell.

But yes, ostensibly, it'd be to reduce recoil.

EDIT - DayZwiki says it reduces recoil, unsure to what degree.

Edited by Katana67