madchaosone

Admin RCON tool

Hey all,

We just got our DayZ SA server running and i was wondering which Admin RCON tools are out there and which one is the best to be used?

Reason why i ask is that we rent at Vilayer and i do not see any options in controlpanel to kick/ban players.

Thanks in advance for the info!

• Like 1

There are no tools that allow you to ban players from standalone. You have rcon access you just have to set it up, you are given the option to kick players but you better have a good reason. Also, if you abuse the kick option and restarting the server to save your character from dying or to loot cycle and you are caught, the service provider will flag your server. I believe it works on a 3 strike system after the 3rd time I believe you get black listed and they take your server rights away.

You can't enforce PvE rules or RP rules either, the game is completely vanilla and must be kept public as per the terms of the server rental agreement

Edited by Tobias Winfro

Yeah i just saw it in the email that RCON is not possible yet.

Ingame commands should do the trick.

We are not admin abusers but if we see someone using glitches or whatever, yeah i want ti kick them.

Better don't ask in this Community about Admin Tools, Kicking or banning Players...

First of all, their is no good Tool out yet to administer your Server (Eventual DaRT if your Hoster allow it)

Second, most People will go crazy if you talking about kick/ban people and teach you about the official Rules from Bohemia, that don't allow you to kick/ban people.

Its like, admins are only "stupid people" who pay for servers that other people can play, but if you try to administer your server, defend it against Cheaters, Exploiters and Bug Users you get reported.

Just my 2 Cents :x

Edited by SniperMexican
  • Like 3

On my server I just shut it down when I'm done playing. Not gonna let a bunch of freeloaders run free.

Got reported once and that was enough for me not to kick unless they have a racist or offensive name. And then I record it with capture video just incase.

• Like 2

With the recent events with the source code, when are server hosts going to get some serious assistance? Hackers are a serious issue of late and will be so in the immediate future. All we can do is kick them until they either get bored and move to a different server or just simply change there name? Yes its alpha and the source code will be entirely different on proper release but helping the guys that fork out money to give your player base a server to play on should be a priority? Am I wrong?

Edited by TLa_Vanguard
  • Like 2

I agree the SCRIPTING is so out of control, dudes flying in air, i looked the other way and just played for the last month but it has gotten un godly as of late.  I wouldnt call these scrubs hackers,  I have now switched to a dif game for my zombie fun...it sucks because i love DayZ but like ive said before, i love this game for what it is and hate it for everything it wont become -_-  They are to busy worrying about KoS in server titles and other things.  I have always been in favor of them fixing the base of this game, then throwing in content that will just be undermined by the shoddy base!! Fix the simple things before working on more content.  You dont have to listen to us but i assure you most people will just move on to ArmAIII mod.

If everyone cancelled their servers, the devs would get the hint.

I feel that movement would never happen, it might be just me, but i have videos of Admins ive killed just dropping server to save gear.  **Not all admins i say do this** but i do have video of one, and many of times that it has happened.  I feel Server Admins would cut their servers if they found another game they liked with the same style :)  I feel that would happen before any banding of Server Admins.  The real issue is we all bought the game when they said point blank DO NOT BUY THIS.  It is what it is and it not what its not.  We shall see what happens.  If source code was found and copied or stolen there could be some pretty rough Script Clients that will go hand and hand with this game.   Only time will tell.

This is so true, but same goes for college tuition.  If students refused to go to college they would be forced to drop prices.

But that will never happen...

Edited by ramsfan00

This is so true, but same goes for college tuition.  If students refused to go to college they would be forced to drop prices.

But that will never happen...

The devs don't get a cent of your server rental fees.

So i don't think they would give a shit.

Better don't ask in this Community about Admin Tools, Kicking or banning Players...

First of all, their is no good Tool out yet to administer your Server (Eventual DaRT if your Hoster allow it)

Second, most People will go crazy if you talking about kick/ban people and teach you about the official Rules from Bohemia, that don't allow you to kick/ban people.

Its like, admins are only "stupid people" who pay for servers that other people can play, but if you try to administer your server, defend it against Cheaters, Exploiters and Bug Users you get reported.

Just my 2 Cents :x

Not all of them, but in our days of "zero technical knowledge required" turn key GSPs, all you really need is to be able to enter your credit card number and have some disposable income to be an "admin". Hell, it doesn't really deserve the title i think.

• Like 1

Is there a spectator type mode for server admins in order to acquire the proper screenshots/fraps for evidence?

Vilayer turn off rcon 1 week ago. U can't connect to official server becouse u can't install rcon password on server dayz ... When turn on? - I don't know....